McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

I don't condone his behavior, and he was involved in something, but if the DA is not going to press charges, you have to hope no suspension. That would affect my feelings about the record next year by a game or two.

There are levels here.

1. Criminal behavior which has evidence enough to go to court, and the DA apparently did not see that.

2. What the DA saw: Non-convictable LeSean douche-baggery (which the videos show).

I predict a 2 game suspension. For #2.

I know this will sound like a generalization, but I've been around plenty of off duty cops who were drinking. Family members on the force. There hasn't been one time where I didn't view their behavior as cocky s.o.b.'s who would not hesitate to beat your ass for looking at them. Of course it would be more than just one cop drinking together. Actually confronted a family member on the force who said he hadn't given it much thought til I mentioned it. He said I was more right than wrong. Just food for thought.

Your first sentence fragment is spot on.. generalization.

It depends on the department... some are great, some not so much so.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the league decides it's unlikely McCoy was defending anyone when he jumped in to swing at a guy who was on the ground getting pummeled, they may conclude he should be suspended.

:lol::lol:

Every hour that goes by without the Bills cutting Shady, the indelible stain on this franchise grows. I haven't been this disgusted with the franchise since they almost expressed interest in signing Mike Vick, allegedly

:w00t::lol:

Every hour that goes by without the Bills cutting Shady, the indelible stain on this franchise grows. I haven't been this disgusted with the franchise since they almost expressed interest in signing Mike Vick, allegedly

Will New Tide take that stain out? I know the old Tide won't cuz they said so.

you must be Jerry Sullivan posting as Jauronimo

How easy would it be for the NFL to just impose a rule where you have to be convicted or plead guilty for there to be a league punishment?

Instead they have to do their own separate investigation to determine that they aren't sure either, at which point they will slap him with an arbitrary suspension that will be automatically reduced in an arbitrary way on appeal.

right... We just went through a 2-month invesigation by people qualified to do an investigation. Do we need to do another one with people unqualified to do investigating because that's not good enough somehow - wonder what Ted Wells is up to these days? Spend millions to determine on their own whether Shady had intentions other than to protect his friend in a bar fight? Alrighty. If Goodell suspends him, let the nflpa take him to court again. Edited by YoloinOhio

How easy would it be for the NFL to just impose a rule where you have to be convicted or plead guilty for there to be a league punishment?

Instead they have to do their own separate investigation to determine that they aren't sure either, at which point they will slap him with an arbitrary suspension that will be automatically reduced in an arbitrary way on appeal.

..and only if the owner builds a new stadium

Weo goodell has spoken. He wants charges more than PTR wants a TT holdout.

I don't know that he'll get suspended. Probably not, given the outcome so far. You never know--people were certain Dareus wouldn't be suspended...

I know this will sound like a generalization, but I've been around plenty of off duty cops who were drinking. Family members on the force. There hasn't been one time where I didn't view their behavior as cocky s.o.b.'s who would not hesitate to beat your ass for looking at them. Of course it would be more than just one cop drinking together. Actually confronted a family member on the force who said he hadn't given it much thought til I mentioned it. He said I was more right than wrong. Just food for thought.

Actually, you're probably right on some level. I know everyone is speculating, but my guess is that the DA discovered the cops were drunk and acting like asses. So rather than invite more scrutiny on the police (and a potential counter-lawsuit against the city), this was the easiest path to follow.

Roger needs to act quickly and decisively. There are new precedents to be set!

Hoist the yardarms !!

Actually, you're probably right on some level. I know everyone is speculating, but my guess is that the DA discovered the cops were drunk and acting like asses. So rather than invite more scrutiny on the police (and a potential counter-lawsuit against the city), this was the easiest path to follow.

Which means FOP should stfu and be glad it aint worser.

WOW McNesby is off his meds

Take some Midol, McNesby. You should be thankful the thug cops you defend weren't nailed on multiple charges.

What an unprofessional and disgraceful response. The rank and file should be very proud. :rolleyes:

If the league decides it's unlikely McCoy was defending anyone when he jumped in to swing at a guy who was on the ground getting pummeled, they may conclude he should be suspended.

The DA didn't see it that way. Why would the league?

No, he won't be suspended. Rog doesn't need more egg on his face.

Edited by Doc

Now the Bills can cut him. :rolleyes:

From your lips to Gosh's ears.

That should probably reduce his jail sentence to a maximum of 5 years and as few as 3. Two with good behavior.

Paves the way for Goobell to ring in the new year of draconian punishments. Doesn't it? I think a lifetime ban is in order and possible a public shaming I the stocks at the Librrty Bell. Maybe just two or three weeks in the stocks, but definitely some lashes. Nothing raises the Public's spirit like a public flogging! Edited by Nanker

From your lips to Gosh's ears.

Paves the way for Goobell to ring in the new year of draconian punishments. Doesn't it? I think a lifetime ban is in order and possible a public shaming I the stocks at the Librrty Bell. Maybe just two or three weeks in the stocks, but definitely some lashes. Nothing raises the Public's spirit like a public flogging!

The good ole days. When on weekends after church everyone would look forward to a hangin' or a witch burning. Those were the things that brought community together. Now its all on the internet and no one gets to watch their neighbour confess to their sins and piss themselves from fear of dyin'

Nowadays you can hardly make decent plans for floggings. Family is going here all the darned time, and there and just not enough time for down home get togethers. I miss the old days.