McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the guy he swung at was on the ground getting pummeled by several men. I'm pretty sure he viewed a swing as an intent to injure, no matter what his size.

McCoy, based on witnesses and video, cannot claim he felt threatened. In fact his own people have said he was jumping in to help his friend.

Sure he can claim he felt threatened. Again it would be just as ridiculous as the cop "viewing" that the swing was an intent to injure. But what Shady actually said is that he was trying to get the officer to stop assaulting his friend. Something that no one would ever charge him with assault over.

But why isn't the cop being charged with assault? Hasn't the DA read the definition of assault?

Man, is this thing still going on?

Just drop the case already

CBF

The actual case appears to have been dropped weeks ago. WEO is just hoping beyond hope that somehow Shady is charged and suspended. It's pretty sad, actually.

Sure he can claim he felt threatened. Again it would be just as ridiculous as the cop "viewing" that the swing was an intent to injure. But what Shady actually said is that he was trying to get the officer to stop assaulting his friend. Something that no one would ever charge him with assault over.

But why isn't the cop being charged with assault? Hasn't the DA read the definition of assault?

The actual case appears to have been dropped weeks ago. WEO is just hoping beyond hope that somehow Shady is charged and suspended. It's pretty sad, actually.

and you are still defending shady. take note Doc.

Is this truly all over with?

Last i knew DA was still reviewing the matter.

and you are still defending shady. take note Doc.

Is this truly all over with?

Last i knew DA was still reviewing the matter.

Why shouldn't I (or anyone else for that matter) defend Shady? It obviously wasn't the "Shady and a group of guys pummel defenseless cop after stealing his champagne" story we were initially led to believe.

And the DA still reviewing the matter after a month and a half suggests it's going nowhere. There's nothing more to be learned that couldn't have been ascertained after a couple weeks.

Why shouldn't I (or anyone else for that matter) defend Shady? It obviously wasn't the "Shady and a group of guys pummel defenseless cop after stealing his champagne" story we were initially led to believe.

And the DA still reviewing the matter after a month and a half suggests it's going nowhere. There's nothing more to be learned that couldn't have been ascertained after a couple weeks.

I am not criticizing you!

The situation does seem to have settled out.

But you never know with these matters until DA says " nothing to see here, move along " :D

It suggests the DA is waiting for a holiday weekend or some big news event to quietly announce there will be no charges.

This story was a whole lot of nothing from the get-go.

I am not criticizing you!

The situation does seem to have settled out.

But you never know with these matters until DA says " nothing to see here, move along " :D

It doesn't appear that the DA is going to say anything further on this case. And the lack of whining by the mayor and FOP prez seems to corroborate that. I am surprised that the bottle wielder hasn't been charged by now, though.

It suggests the DA is waiting for a holiday weekend or some big news event to quietly announce there will be no charges.

This story was a whole lot of nothing from the get-go.

It was only a story because of the way it was first presented. If it had initially been reported as "McCoy aids friend being assaulted by drunk off-duty cop in bar" it wouldn't have been much of a story, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

man this was gonna be the new oj!

I am hungry for another American Crime Story about a Bills RB......."If the video is bad, no charges will be had"

Is that champagne bottles popping at Shady's house? Or is he busy trying to find the real punchers?

Edited by JoeF