what if?…the NH primary winners meet in the general election

birdog1960

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Trump in office, maybe everybody will finally wake up to the dangers of an imperial presidency and the government will return to its constitutional foundation of checks and balances. Sanders...unfortunately, no matter how he abuses the office, there'll be a strong group of brain-damaged followers like gatorman who will support him.

So put me down for Trump, on the principle that we have to completely destroy the country before we can save it.

With Trump in office, maybe everybody will finally wake up to the dangers of an imperial presidency and the government will return to its constitutional foundation of checks and balances. Sanders...unfortunately, no matter how he abuses the office, there'll be a strong group of brain-damaged followers like gatorman who will support him.

So put me down for Trump, on the principle that we have to completely destroy the country before we can save it.

DCTom: "Trump will save America! Pour me another shot!" lol!

As much as I support Bernie... the DNC is going to actively work against him being the nominee, so it won't happen. I also suspect similar will happen to Trump on the Republican side. Neither party wants these two as candidates.

Yay, democracy!

As much as I support Bernie... the DNC is going to actively work against him being the nominee, so it won't happen. I also suspect similar will happen to Trump on the Republican side. Neither party wants these two as candidates.

The difference being that that many Republicans have had it with their party after winning two massive mid-terms and still not doing what they said they'd do. So while the GOP may try to move the needle back to the establishment candidate, they won't be nearly as successful as Democrats, who will do whatever the hell they're told to do, and they'll do it without a fight.

Why? Because with Dems in office, taxpayer money trickles to unions, special interests, Acorn-like organizations, Planned Parenthood...more organized, obedient nutsuckers who will gladly put Hillary in so long as they keep getting their 'free' money.

Because of establishment Superdelegates.... the results of NH on the Democrat side are roughly:

Clinton 16, Sanders 14

What was the actual voting results?

Clinton 40%, Sanders 60%

As DC Tom said... Yay, democracy!

Well, we don't really live in a democracy, now do we?

We live in a republic.

Because of establishment Superdelegates.... the results of NH on the Democrat side are roughly:

Clinton 16, Sanders 14

What was the actual voting results?

Clinton 40%, Sanders 60%

As DC Tom said... Yay, democracy!

The Democrat Party is a private organization that can structure itself and create it's own rules in such a way that it can nominate whoever it wants as it's candidate for any office. It's not a public entity that is actually beholden to the American public. Hell, it's not really beholden to it's registered members.

The only thing it is beholden to is it's leaders.

The difference being that that many Republicans have had it with their party after winning 1. two massive mid-terms and still not doing what they said they'd do. So while the GOP may try to move the needle back to the establishment candidate, they won't be nearly as successful as Democrats, who will do whatever the hell they're told to do, and they'll do it without a fight.

2.Why? Because with Dems in office, taxpayer money trickles to unions, special interests, Acorn-like organizations, Planned Parenthood...more organized, obedient nutsuckers who will gladly put Hillary in so long as they keep getting their 'free' money.

1. What did the GOP say they were going to do? -Or more importantly why do people believe candidates who say things that are never going happen because they are completely impossible - and these voters become alienated and disillusioned when they don't happen and then double down and back even more radical candidates with even more preposterous claims about what they are going to do....

2. You seem smart: I think you need to check the weight of variables....the examples you give - while they may exist - have essentially no real bearing on the economy - or for that matter - peoples lives...Federal Spending is pretty much at the same levels it has been for decades - Federal Revenue is at historical lows - so that tax burden placed on people - is also LOW....The primary things affecting the general populace are the rising cost of healthcare and the lack of growth of middle class wages....

Be nice to see adjustments to rectify those variables...

Edited by baskin

The Democrat Party is a private organization that can structure itself and create it's own rules in such a way that it can nominate whoever it wants as it's candidate for any office. It's not a public entity that is actually beholden to the American public. Hell, it's not really beholden to it's registered members.

The only thing it is beholden to is it's leaders SuperPac contributors.