Goodell and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad game..

Big Turk

The solution is simple...money!

If the NFL really wanted to make it special, a game with all it's best players (save those in the Super Bowl, though even that could be changed if they played it at a later date*), at international locations, could be a global phenomenon, maybe even surpassing the Super Bowl.

If they made the prize big enough, it would motivate the players. In reality, a big payout is more important to these guys than their own teams records. And the game would hold greater interest for the foreign fan, feel more like "their game", than an American event.

It would be a huge boost to the NFL's globalization goals.

* For instance, get rid of the silly week off before the Super Bowl, and play the Pro Bowl 2 weeks after the Super Bowl instead.

Players on the winning team get a $500k/year pension and all their medical bills paid for the rest of their lives.

Then they'll play.

I think I am on to something. It is the perfect game to globalize the NFL, and if the players are motivated/interested(money), the fans will be too.

Players on the winning team get a $500k/year pension and all their medical bills paid for the rest of their lives.

Then they'll play.

Nope, these guys need instant gratification, not retirement funds. That's not how most of them think, it needs to be right away.

The game could generate Super Bowl type money for the league. It would take at least a few years to get established, but it could be huge. To an international audience, that doesn't understand the game as well, individual players are more important. For instance, with the World Cup, to get Americans interested, they just hype up the stars, a noob like me has nothing else to latch on to.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I've always thought they should just name the All-Pro Team and leave it at that. Build up being on that list as a great honor. Add nice cash incentives to player contracts for this. Maybe have an awards ceremony/dinner to celebrate the guys named to this list. Football is way too violent to have a meaningless game like the Pro Bowl. It's just dumb. But I guess the NFL just desperately wants to cash in on another game.

The pro bowls proves how physically demanding the game is. Guys do not want to get injured so they don't play hard. Just get rid of it. Why do we need one?

Vote for best players at each position, but do not play a game. This would allow players to still be named as a pro bowler or all pro. This would help for contract clauses and voting for the HOF.

They should name the teams, but instead of a game, have a series of competitive skills competitions. They could be a mix of traditional contests (speed competitions, accuracy matches) and off the wall things (maybe even a volleyball game or Horse). This wouldn't be for adults, but for kids who would really get into this sort of thing. They could spread it out across a whole day. The winning team might get some money and a patch to add to their uniform or something else that plays into their narcissistic tendencies.

Edited by fallen627

Maybe just make the probowl a skills competition. There's too much of an injury risk for a pointless game.

I was saying the same thing to guy at work. along with Skills training they should have a fastest and strongest player competition

I think a Squat, Bench, Powerclean and Truck Pull would be good strength events

Would you watch a skills competition? I wouldn't.

I'm not sure changing the venue to Australia would attract many more players. It certainly wouldn't provide motivation to play harder.

The NFL is in a bind. Hawaii used to a big draw. So was the Pro Bowl paycheck. And players used to be more reckless with their bodies.

Too many things have changed over the years. It is hard to imagine the NFL ever fielding hard-fought competitive Pro Bowls again. So you give up and play flag football? Host skill challenges?

I don't think there is a good solution.

Just shut it down. the guys don't want to play it, the fans don't want to watch it, the teams are terrified about injuries... no one wants the thing. Do an awards event at the Super Bowl bring the pro bowlers there and be done with it.

Just elect an All Pro team (1st and 2nd string) and can the game entirely. That won't happen because the NFL still gets money for putting on this garbage. I did not watch it this year and doubt I ever will again.

If you really need a game, make it flag football (it really is anyway) and play that. Still lots of opportunity for leg and muscle injuries though.

Just elect an All Pro team (1st and 2nd string) and can the game entirely. That won't happen because the NFL still gets money for putting on this garbage. I did not watch it this year and doubt I ever will again.

If you really need a game, make it flag football (it really is anyway) and play that. Still lots of opportunity for leg and muscle injuries though.

I dont watch it now...

But if it were formatted as a "special presentation" and named 1st and 2nd all pro teams... with some peripheral stuff (regular season awards, maybe some skills competitions, fun stuff, maybe a fun flag game or a couple of the 'pro bowlers' playing madden with the 2 squads, maybe mix some celebrities in there)... I would absolutely watch it.

Plus whoever was a pro-bowler, would be a pro-bowler. You wouldnt have everyone avoiding the game and having Tyrod Taylor as a "pro-bowler" as a feather in his cap (just as an example).