Coach Sal speculating Incognito about to sign a 2-year deal

Doc

I highly doubt they let Glenn walk if it came down to him and Cognito. We need both of them on the line to be successful Im sure OBD can get shifty and keep them both. at least hoping. Remember cutting Mario is gonna give us wiggle room.

Yeah that sucks. I feel for em. That cuda been us if Pegs didnt step in. I take that into account when I look at the dog **** Rexs stubborn scheme turned our #4 defense into this past season. I was watching Justin Tuck on NFL Network today and he and the other NFL players mentioned how great defensive coordinators mold their scheme to adapt to their rosters strengths, and how it was one of the big reasons they were successful in both Super Bowl wins vs the Pats* as the other SB winning NFL players all agreed all I could do is shake my head in disgust as flashback memories of our defensive season played in my head.....smh...

But if it is as reported that Mario quit on this team early and the injury to Williams in week two then these two issues combines along with us not having Brandon Spikes changes the dynamics of the D in 2015.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like a reasonable order. Richie seems the most logical choice for the first deal. It'll be the smallest of the three contracts and he probably has the fewest options.

Yeah.

I think the worst case is Glenn gets the transition tag this year. If he's a top 10 OT, then that's about what the AAV is anyway

Gilmore's contract NEEDS to get done for both cap relief and to prevent him from hitting the market. If Maxwell gets $10.25M per on the open market, then Gilly is probably $13M+ per

If Whaley had to choose between keeping Glenn and Kyle Williams, I would stay with Glenn. This draft is deep in DTs

Absolutely

The players in Miami did not side with incognito. Many players who were interviewed in the report said that Incognito acted inappropriately and that it was obvious that he was offensive to Martin.

You don't like the Wells report. Fine. Issue your report with your sources and we can compare credibility,

For the most part the players (near unanimous) did not agree with the characterization that Incognito bullied Martin. No one is saying that Incognito acted appropriately or smartly. The situation escalated because Martin didn't seem capable of handling the needling and interaction with Incognito. That is a far cry from the general characterization that RI was maliciously bullying Martin. Incognito didn't act out of mailce; he acted out of stupidity. In the aftermath of this sordid ordeal the two troubled individuals received mental health counseling to help them get back on the path to a more healthy life. I don't know what happened to Martin but the counseling seems to have helped RI.

With respect to the Wells report I don't accept anything Wells does as being independent from the league. If you believe that he is an objective party in any investigation that he does on behalf of the league then go back to his work in the deflategate saga where the judge in that case essentially mocked and shredded the report. Wells is very aware of the outcome the league wants before he does his investigations and he then dutifully delivers it. The net result is he repeatedly receives a generous payment from his well endowed client.

They did?? Everything I recall reading was the opposite. The players all said what a great teammate Richie was. I'm sure they'll agree it got out of hand mainly because Martin couldn't handle it which unfortunately they figured out too late for the most part.

The players in Miami did not side with incognito. Many players who were interviewed in the report said that Incognito acted inappropriately and that it was obvious that he was offensive to Martin.

You don't like the Wells report. Fine. Issue your report with your sources and we can compare credibility,

They did?? Everything I recall reading was the opposite. The players all said what a great teammate Richie was. I'm sure they'll agree it got out of hand mainly because Martin couldn't handle it which unfortunately they figured out too late for the most part.

As I said previously, the players on the team were going to privately support the guy who could help them win over the guy who couldn't hack it in the league regardless of any other factors. That was obviously Incognito, who was probably their best offensive lineman. They knew Martin wasn't cutting it. Of course they wanted Incognito to stay, but it became impossible to support him publicly. He's not the first, last or worst slimeball that they'll play with. As long as the slimeball in question can help a team win, it'll usually get overlooked.

True, but he is still on a leash and not a noose.....right?

LOL thanks for the correction. in a way Hes off the leash cuz now hes got his bro on the team and grabbing "his players" for a defense that he said had all the pieces it needed prior to last season, and will fully use his scheme all season. This year i would say hes stepping into the noose. There can be no more excuses. He can hang last season into the noose as an outlier in his career with a top 10-15 defense, or stick his head in it after getting almost full control of the defense with his bro, stubborn scheme, and players needed to fill it through the draft.

Tyrod is simply a band aid QB until something better arrives.If he starts here next season then be prepared to B word and moan all season again.When he was named the starter last year all I can say is ,I told you so.

You were close to as wrong as possible about the QB position

Seriously. Tyrod played above and beyond what was expected from him last season, next season will determine if hes a long term prospect or a very good interim QB. week 1- week 17 progression shows hes trending up.

The problem is then we have to replace him and do we do that in the 1st round? If we keep him we can get a defensive playmaker. If we get rid of Glenn we better nail that replacement cause if not then TT could look bad and this team bottoms out.

yep. Glenn has Whaley by the short hairs here. He better have areal good plan B and plan C if Cordy follows the Money

Agreed--I think ultimately he'll a slot between Haden and Maxwell at $11M AAV

It wouldn't surprise me if the order of signing went Richie-Gilmore-Glenn. Unfortunately the first domino needs to fall in the next week or so, and the next in rapid succession

Don't they have to move Mario first?

March 9 ?

yep. Glenn has Whaley by the short hairs here. He better have areal good plan B and plan C if Cordy follows the Money

Don't they have to move Mario first?

March 9 ?

It depends. Depending upon the new cap (which has not been finalized/released yet) Incognito is likely to fit with just Clay's restructure. Gillmore's cap hit for 2016 will decrease with a new deal. Other moves will certainly need to be made for Glenn to fit and a big part of it that is probably Mario. I haven't seen when his roster bonus is due, but that is the date to watch.

That assumes Glenn even re-signs with Buffalo. I don't see why he wouldn't follow the money and I very much expect him to get better offers on the open market.

Edited by BarleyNY

It depends. Depending upon the new cap (which has not been finalized/released yet) Incognito is likely to fit with just Clay's restructure. Gillmore's cap hit for 2016 will decrease with a new deal. Other moves will certainly need to be made for Glenn to fit and a big part of it that is probably Mario. I haven't seen when his roster bonus is due, but that is the date to watch.

That assumes Glenn even re-signs with Buffalo. I don't see why he wouldn't follow the money and I very much expect him to get better offers on the open market.

I prefer not to think Bills wont make every effort, and Cordy will want to play next to Richie and Eric protecting TT and leading the way for McCoy.

Being on an up a coming team has its attraction. RIGHT ?!

This has me on edge honestly

thats correct but doesnt let rex off the leash

Why not, you need at l good personal to be great. Average to be good. With all the injuries they has below average personal about half the games

Spikes gone

searcy gone

J wynn

A Williams

K Williams

mckelvin

Bradham

Graham

Gilmore

all misses multiple games

Jeez they can tag him for the next two year. If he doesn't want to do a long term deal then they tag him. A year from now they evaluate the position , you still have this years free Agency and Draft to add players before you need to make a long term decision . Glenn is really a non issue at this time He will be on the team on 2016

I don't know where you read that, but I can tell you what happened that set that entire thing off.

Incognito and the rest of the O-line players were sitting at the same table for lunch during camp and when Martin came over to sit down with them. When he sat down the rest of the O-line players got up and left. Martin was a bad RT and the doofus of a GM had the bright idea to switch him to LT after he let the former starter at LT all-pro Jake long leave for St Louis.

The entire team couldn't stand Martin because he was a highly paid scrub and he was getting their QB killed every game. From there everything escalated between Incognito and Martin, and Incognito was certainly doing the wrong thing in that situation but he had real reasons for doing it.

READ THE TRUTH from an ex-Dolphin O-linemen.... http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha

Oh, BTW great news indeed if the team resigns Cogs!

Edited by Nihilarian

I don't know where you read that, but I can tell you what happened that set that entire thing off.

Incognito and the rest of the O-line players were sitting at the same table for lunch during camp and when Martin came over to sit down with them. When he sat down the rest of the O-line players got up and left. Martin was a bad RT and the doofus of a GM had the bright idea to switch him to LT after he let the former starter at LT all-pro Jake long leave for St Louis.

The entire team couldn't stand Martin because he was a highly paid scrub and he was getting their QB killed every game. From there everything escalated between Incognito and Martin, and Incognito was certainly doing the wrong thing in that situation but he had real reasons for doing it.

READ THE TRUTH from an ex-Dolphin O-linemen.... http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha

Oh, BTW great news indeed if the team resigns Cogs!

It's difficult having conversations with people who make up their own fictitious scenarios. In my response to the poster you responded to I tried to point out that RI's behavior certainly wasn't very mature, but it fell within the boundaries (actually a little too far) of normal locker room exchanges. Martin was uncomfortable with not only the locker room environment but in general the pro football scene. There is a solution to that problem. Get out of it if it debilitates you so much.

There is no doubt that Incognito had his own personal/emotional/psychological issues to contend with. And so did Martin. But I strongly believe that Incognito had no malicious intent in how he treated JM. In fact after Martin made the bullying claim and it went public RI tried to get in touch with JM to make sure he was okay.

Richard Incognito didn't intend to bully Martin. But that is not to say that he acted appropriately or smartly in this saga. Being dumb and clueless is far different from being malicious. Unsurprisingly, the league for public relations reasons made him the poster child for bullying . From that standpoint Richie was treated unfairly and had his career placed in jeopardy. Yes RI was clueless but it wasn't right to make him a scapegoat.

In the end RI turned this tumultuous situation into a positive experience. He went through counseling and he seems to be a better and happier person. I salute him for that.

I prefer not to think Bills wont make every effort, and Cordy will want to play next to Richie and Eric protecting TT and leading the way for McCoy.

Being on an up a coming team has its attraction. RIGHT ?!

This has me on edge honestly

Me, too. It's a huge concern.

Jeez they can tag him for the next two year. If he doesn't want to do a long term deal then they tag him. A year from now they evaluate the position , you still have this years free Agency and Draft to add players before you need to make a long term decision . Glenn is really a non issue at this time He will be on the team on 2016

The franchise tag for offensive linemen is expected to be $13.678M. They'll need that cleared before the new league starts. That's some pretty heavy lifting.