Bruce DeHaven finally forgives Wade for firing him after MCM

YoloinOhio

Corrected:

Steve Tasker: 1986-1997

Bruce DeHaven: 1987-1999

Really, I think you are trying to lawyer vs miss the spin or joke he was tossing in there. His was funny, yours is not.

However, I do appreciate the timelines you threw in as a reminder.

And, I think the point was DeHaven sucked after Tasker retired, so the timeline actually proves Bart's point.

The special teams sucked that year and maybe even the year before - I don't think DeHaven got fired because of the one play. He definitely wouldn't have if the ST were as good all year as they were in the Tasker years - and then gave up the MCM.

I always felt the firing was just. not just because the Bills gave up the TD. If you recall the Bills then received a KO and they simply had nothing more than a "schoolyard" return. Bruce had nothing to counter with. The ST coach created a play(s) and ours did not. Of course I realize a second KO return is highly unlikely but Bruce came up short on 2 consecutive ST plays.

It's a business. As a coach you are held responsible for your players executing on what you coach them. It was as mentioned the most horrendous error on ST in playoff history. What does he expect?

The crappy thing is i believe we had the defense to make it deep. Our defense was certainly better than TN, and we had a comparable offense. wade would have figured out he made a mistake with RJ and put Flutie back in the next game. Our defense is the only one that could have stopped that Rams offense. The Bucs did it, and almost beat them. We were better.

Sucks as that could have been our SB. Over now.

It's a business. As a coach you are held responsible for your players executing on what you coach them. It was as mentioned the most horrendous error on ST in playoff history. What does he expect?

The crappy thing is i believe we had the defense to make it deep. Our defense was certainly better than TN, and we had a comparable offense. wade would have figured out he made a mistake with RJ and put Flutie back in the next game. Our defense is the only one that could have stopped that Rams offense. The Bucs did it, and almost beat them. We were better.

Sucks as that could have been our SB. Over now.

i agree. That was a stacked Bills team. Very few weaknesses.

I love how DeHaven was peeved about that. That was the worst ST play in NFL history; a firing was warranted.

It was a forward lateral.

IF good old Wade would of played Flutie instead of playing with his Johnson the game would not have come down to that play. Bruce will get His ring this Sunday, making up for the four Bills losses and getting revenge on Wade for firing him.

I remember people saying that - that whoever wins the Titans-Bills game is going to be the AFC team in the Super Bowl. I thought that's crazy. Back then, its seemed it almost always the playoffs were like this year - where all the wild card winners never even made it to the championship game.

But, sure enough - I was wrong about that when the Titans came up one yard show of winning the whole thing.

And, then for some reason it became common for the wild card teams to make the Super Bowl.