The people vs OJ

CountryCletus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woke up in the middle of the night, about to put it on. Think i will always be a night behind. I will watch as i have heard mostly good things, but damn 10 episodes? I think i am worse then the youngins..i did not watch Making a Murderer yet as I can't fathom watching 8 episodes on something i think should take an hour or two.

Am I the only one who's sick of hearing from the Goldman family? Now his sister is speaking out against the series. Probably looking for money again like they got for publishing Simpson's "If I Did It" book. They actually went to court against the Brown family who didn't want to see it published.

Edited by truth on hold

Watched the first episode..I thought it was pretty awful...I can't believe the rave reviews this has been getting.

I don't get how they went all out of their way to cast people who looked so much like the real people they are playing...except OJ. Cuba not only doesn't look like OJ, he sounds nothing like him.

I get that this is going to focus more on Marcia Clark, Shapiro and Johnny Cochran...and maybe I am too familiar with OJ (he has been a big part of my life for about 45 years, good and bad), but Goodings appearance and pretty hollow acting were hard to get past. And, the "big star", John Travolta, comes off as more an imitator than an actor. In trying to sound like Shapiro, and the terrible makeup job, he came off like Peter Brady doing Bogart with "pork chops and applesauce".

As someone who, admittedly, was way too obsessed with this case as it was happening, I was pretty disappointed with the first episode..felt like a Lifetime movie..the worst. I will give it another episode, but any time I turn off a show, with a "cast of thousands" and David Schwimmer is the the best thing about it, I have to ask myself "why the hell am I watching this?" I know, it is just one episode, and maybe it gets better (NY Times gave it a very good review, and it appears the reviewer saw the whole thing already), but I was not impressed.

To be fair, the woman who plays Marcia Clark is pretty good too...

I think the OJ Simpson murder trial could be a great movie,,,but I get the feeling this isn't going to be it.

Edited by Buftex

Watched the first episode..I suppose it was okay...but I don't get how they went all out of their way to cast people who looked so much like the real people they are playing...except OJ. Cuba not only doesn't look like OJ, he sounds nothing like him. I get that this is going to focus more on Marcia Clark, Shapiro and Johnny Cochran...and maybe I am too familiar with OJ (he has been a big part of my life for about 45 years, good and bad), but Goodings appearance and pretty hollow acting were hard to get past. And, the "big star", John Travolta, comes off as more an imitator than an actor.

As someone who, admittedly, was way too obsessed with this case as it was happening, I was pretty disappointed with the first episode..felt like a Lifetime movie..the worst. I will give it another episode, but any time I turn off a show, with a "cast of thousands" and David Schwimmer is the the best thing about it, I have to ask myself "why the hell am I watching this?"

Haha - Schwimmer makes my skin crawl everytime I see him............And, what was that streak in Robert Kardashian's hair anyway??.......It just looks totally annoying on Schwimmer.

Did you watch the Geraldo etc. stuff during the whole trial? I was going through a bad time in my life, and couldn't keep up with it on a daily basis, but some people I know seemed to.

A little before my time, but from those highlights, a very special and unique talent. Never saw anyone who could maintain their pace with the lean and leverage be got. That he was able to drop 200 on the opposing team to get 2,000, when everyone knew he was getting nearly play....is mind boggling. First back to get 2,000 yards, still only one to do it in 14 games.

Favorite part.... around 2:04 when he took it to the house from 60 on those butthole steeler curtain defenders.

Edited by truth on hold

Am I the only one who's sick of hearing from the Goldman family? Now his sister is speaking out against the series. Probably looking for money again like they got for publishing Simpson's "If I Did It" book. They actually went to court against the Brown family who didn't want to see it published.

Yes, yes you are. :sick:

This is a ... strange... post.

I honestly believe his son did it or at the very least was involved. I think OJ covered for him knowing he'd have a much better chance getting acquitted.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oj-simpson-murders-and-jason-simpson-2014-6?op=1

There used to be an awesome video on youtube from Dear that went (persuadingly) into all the details which implicated the son, but it has been taken down.

If you start watching this video at 36 minutes it gets into the son theory (not as well as the original link I mentioned) and also the possible drug connection theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5CPhGoT3M

I think at some point he was at the murder scene, but I think Jason did it. My kids think it's funny that I would even consider him being not guilty. They also do concede though, it would be tougher to them accept someone being guilty if the guy was your biggest idol growing up. I always say when I think of OJ I always think of him running the football first (thanks for the video above). Pretty much a whole generation has little knowledge/respect for how great a player he was - only know him as an alleged double murderer

Edited by stevewin