Genesee Bock Beer

jaybee

Just curious if there are any other consumers of the winter seasonal Genesee Bock Beer. I'm a buyer of large quantities each year. My favorite.

This years batch seems to be off. Not tasting right. At all.

Am I the only one ?

I'd appreciate any opinions on the 2016 batch of Genny Bock.

Many thanks everybody.

IMG_1124.jpg

Edited by jaybee

Fergy- so what you're saying is that it tasted exactly as You'd expect any Genny product to taste?

C'mon mannnn...Genny beer has that light, clean taste that is attributable to the water source used in their recipe...the headwaters of Onondaga Lake are what source this promising seasonal brew. It's just that this year's batch has that soft undercurrent of a fisher found in a trap in mid-October...almost like the aroma of dates and figs that have been dipped in a bottle of pickle juice. Come to think of it...it has hints of a plastic container full of rotting vegetables that someone might eat for lunch.

C'mon mannnn...Genny beer has that light, clean taste that is attributable to the water source used in their recipe...the headwaters of Onondaga Lake are what source this promising seasonal brew. It's just that this year's batch has that soft undercurrent of a fisher found in a trap in mid-October...almost like the aroma of dates and figs that have been dipped in a bottle of pickle juice. Come to think of it...it has hints of a plastic container full of rotting vegetables that someone might eat for lunch.

Dude.....go for it!!

http://www.insidejobs.com/careers/professional-beer-taster

Should I be a Professional Beer Taster?
You should have a high school degree or higher and share these traits:
  • Team Player: You're able to listen, communicate, and work with tons of different people. (ummmmmm, No)
  • Calm Under Pressure: You keep your cool when dealing with highly stressful situations. (ummmm, No)
  • Levelheaded: You hold your emotions in check, even in tough situations. (lol, lol, lol)

Should I be a Professional Beer Taster?

You should have a high school degree or higher and share these traits:
  • Team Player: You're able to listen, communicate, and work with tons of different people. (ummmmmm, No)
  • Calm Under Pressure: You keep your cool when dealing with highly stressful situations. (ummmm, No)
  • Levelheaded: You hold your emotions in check, even in tough situations. (lol, lol, lol)

But do any of those change after you've had a few?

But do any of those change after you've had a few?

Pretty much all of them change.... He becomes a self serving, arrogant, hot head who cares not for his clients.... Wait a second..... You should be a CO!

Genny, made from the muddy piss waters of the Onondaga...

I think I found their new slogan

Maybe that's why Genesee is coming out with their "Winter Planetary Selection" of beers....my favorite is "Mercury Copperhead Ale"

Ok man so you don't fit some of their requirements. I still say go for it. I mean didn't you have to be somewhat intelligent to be a lawyer and you got that gig right?

Ok man so you don't fit some of their requirements. I still say go for it. I mean didn't you have to be somewhat intelligent to be a lawyer and you got that gig right?

There's a difference between being intelligent and having a lot of bull ****. The NY Bar Exam had quite a few essays....:)

Just curious if there are any other consumers of the winter seasonal Genesee Bock Beer. I'm a buyer of large quantities each year. My favorite.

Lots of snark in this thread, sorry about that. There's no accounting for some here.

I personally haven't had a genny product in more years than you've been alive because I thought it tasted craptastic.

Well, I drank my share of Genesee Creamers in high school and there were no complaints. 16 ounce bottles ("Pounders"). Speaking of high school beer...any of you guys remember drinking Goebels Beer?

You drank nazi beer?

I think any product made by Genny is fantastic, I also would like to thank everyone here for their contributions! A special thanks ones out to the mods also, without your efforts this place would run amuck!!

If I didn't respect your wife and offspring so much...