Americans hate the Federal Government more than ever

just bought a laptop tax free today. I can also buy a TV tax free, cuz ya know... gotta be able to see the cows and all in high def 3d surround sound 5.1 Dolby...

Tax free is a joke, I'll say it. Its a jokr that sales taxes exist.

I'll take that over income tax any day.

yes, for sure... But the headache and mindful of realizing you pay $9/gal of milk would be tough.

I simple flat tax is fine w me

I would rather eliminate the income tax all together. When people start paying $9 for a gallon of milk they'll understand how much they're really paying the government

I would rather eliminate the income tax all together. When people start paying $9 for a gallon of milk they'll understand how much they're really paying the government

Or eliminate employer withholding, and let everyone pay their income taxes directly every quarter or at the end of the year.

Or eliminate employer withholding, and let everyone pay their income taxes directly every quarter or at the end of the year.

I say this every time I write my checks for my 1099 income.

What I really hate it that we have both. You pay 20/30/40/50% tax on your income and then another 10% whenever you buy something. Plus all the other fees and taxes you pay along the way. It's insane.

Edited by Chef Jim

Many if not most people would simply spend it and not have enough in their checking account to pay up at the end of the quarter no less at the end of the year. They'd have to borrow the money or put it on a credit card - assuming they have one. Do you know that African Americans don't have access to the Internet, and don't know how to navigate their way around it even if they do? It's hard for them to get to the DMV too. They already don't have ID and it's a burden to them to get it. So they probably don't have checking accounts either and would have a very hard time figuring out how to write one - even if it is to the government. [/uCBerkleyStudentsAndProgressivesEverywhere]

Edited by Nanker

But then people wouldn't get that nice fat bonus from Uncle Sam every April. I know folks that plan shopping sprees around their refund :wallbash:

What I really hate it that we have both. You pay 20/30/40/50% tax on your income and then another 10% whenever you buy something. Plus all the other fees and taxes you pay along the way. It's insane.

And it all gets dumped into the general fund. The Government doesn't have to practice truth in advertising, if they did we would have a tax to pay for schools, a tax to pay for the military, a tax to fund welfare and abortions, whoops no way that one would ever pass at face value

Edited by /dev/null

Many if not most people would simply spend it and not have enough in their checking account to pay up at the end of the quarter no less at the end of the year. They'd have to borrow the money or put it on a credit card - assuming they have one. Do you know that African Americans don't have access to the Internet, and don't know how to navigate their way around it even if they do? It's hard for them to get to the DMV too. They already don't have ID and it's a burden to them to get it. So they probably don't have checking accounts either and would have a very hard time figuring out how to write one - even if it is to the government. [/uCBerkleyStudentsAndProgressivesEverywhere]

:lol:

And when the roads don't get fixed, the air is polluted and the military base that supported the local economy closes they will get that their taxes actually pay for somethings they really like. Oh ya, and when grandma is left to die because the care is too expensive they will remember how nice things were when we paid taxes

And when the roads don't get fixed, the air is polluted and the military base that supported the local economy closes they will get that their taxes actually pay for somethings they really like. Oh ya, and when grandma is left to die because the care is too expensive they will remember how nice things were when we paid taxes

Wow, you're right. I might start making my quarterly tax payments early just to make sure there are no interruptions in government services.

It is insane and nearly every taxing body seems to need a larger slice (growing percentage) of our dollars even with a growing economy over the years.

No one is talking about doing away with taxes. Good to see another year another dumb post.

Yeah... And I got vessels to lock through, floods to fight, and drinking water to keep clean... ;- ;-)

Ah... Who needs clean water to drink and clean beaches to swim in... I say flood Grammy and the town of 50,000 that sits down river. ;-) ;-)