Americans hate the Federal Government more than ever

Video Exposes Planned Parenthood’s Abortion Quotas
by Alexandra Desanctis

A new video released by pro-life group Live Action reveals that Planned Parenthood has long been imposing abortion quotas on its clinics nationwide, incentivizing its workers to convince women to terminate their pregnancies. In an interview with Live Action, a former Planned Parenthood manager and a former clinic nurse explain how these quotas were enforced by upper management.

According to Sue Thayer, former manager of the Planned Parenthood clinic in Storm Lake, Iowa, the organization’s executives would reward clinics that met their abortion targets with pizza parties or extra paid time off. Clinics that didn’t offer abortions were given quotas for abortion referrals made to other Planned Parenthood facilities.

“I trained my staff the way that I was trained, which was to really encourage women to choose abortion and to have it at Planned Parenthood because it counts towards our goal,” Thayer said.

“I felt like I was more of a salesman sometimes, to sell abortions,” said former Planned Parenthood nurse Marianne Anderson. “We were constantly told we have quotas to meet to stay open.”

{snip}

The House last week passed a bill to divert $500 million in government funding from Planned Parenthood to thousands of healthcare centers across the country that don’t perform abortion, and two senators introduced a similar version of the bill this week. While Congress was able to pass such a bill last year, it is likely to succeed this time around because President Donald Trump has already agreed to sign it.

Meanwhile, a recent Marist poll indicates that nearly two-thirds of Americans oppose the taxpayer funding of abortion. http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/communications/american-support-abortion-restriction.pdf

This latest video from Live Action substantiates the case to defund Planned Parenthood, as it confirms the group’s desire to profit from abortion at the expense of vulnerable women and children.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

There are thousands of women's clinics around the country that ACTUALLY treat women's health problems.

It's past time to defund Planned Parenthood

Okay Sue. It says data from the IRS and Pew Research. Do your own homework. Sorry I dont have an easy peasy hyperlink, but you can find it.

I had already done my homework. I was more interested what fake news site you retrieved that garbage from. In your chart of the Federal spending 34% is retirement benefits which including Social Security and federal employee pensions. Medicare is another 28%. Think Florida. In fact most of the money you think goes to the states in fact goes to individuals. Medicaid makes up another 16% of the total. Oh, and the states are not sending anything to the Federal government, those revenues are from individuals (~80%) and corporate (~ 20%). You are essentially making an idiotic argument blinded by your political religion.

Ironically the leftist that prop up this crap will also argue for a 'progressive' tax system. You know, the more you make the higher percentage you pay. This is supposedly to help the poor. Things like Medicaid. Then complain when money from a blue state taxpayer goes to a red state poor person.

Civil Servants Upset by Arrival of Trump.

Automation can replace bureaucrats and save taxpayers money

Feb 11, 2017 by John Sexton

Only 20 percent of government employees do strategic, cognitive work that requires human thinking

Not at my work... They all voted for Trump and rejoice on his every word.

For 30 years we always had 8x10 framed picture of Prez along side two Generals and our District Colonel. Now. Got a whole other row, with Sec. of Army and DoD. One giant pyramid with Trump scowling on top of pryamid. As... Directed to be displayed. Kind of impressive!

post-1877-0-10070800-1486936007_thumb.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

In 2003, I went to a meeting @ HQ. We were able to ask questions. Mine question was about automation of the nation's locks & dams. Back then there was a test where a General ran the Mel Price Lock & Dam (south of St.Louis) from Houston, Texas. Quite impressive! We are going on 16 years now. I am home today, I could probably run a 800' towboat with 10,000 tons through via my cellphone. It would probably suck if a pleasure boat got between the tow and wall... But we can save two men on shift and 10/13 people there. It would be very cool tech too!

Nothing became of pilot test. Maybe they will revive it now.

Ironic... Trump wants jobs back, but there is MORE manufacturing then there has ever been in the US. It is just automation that is killing the jobs.

Automation can replace bureaucrats and save taxpayers money

Feb 11, 2017 by John Sexton

“Only 20 percent of government employees do strategic, cognitive work that requires human thinking…”

It's significantly higher, in my experience. Probably closer to 80%. Certainly, over twenty years, far more than one out of every five civil servants I've worked with has done strategic, cognitive work.

They just don't do it particularly well, oft-times.

They just don't do it particularly well, oft-times.

"Close enough for gov't work!"

Is the old saying. I broke in with hydroghaphic survey. This was before GPS. The whole nine yards, level runs, baseline building, tagline and lead lines for sounding the water. We'd get to a 100th of an inch on shore and when we got in the boat, on the water, we could be within 20 feet when we took a sounding. Of course to the 10th when actually taking the reading. Did it really matter, I think GPS today is accurate to 30'. ??

Anyway... That's "automation." Multiple whole survey crews would spend their whole time, year, just in places like BFLo Harbor and all other points on the Great Lakes. Now, it takes two guys a day to "sweep" a harbor, uploaded and plotted to the charts. Road crews like I was on would be in harbors from Toldeo, Maumee Bay all the way to Watertown, Sackets Harbor.

Tech is automating things. At work now, we are down to the bare minimum of human bodies needed to run 24/7/365.

Is the old saying. I broke in with hydroghaphic survey. This was before GPS. The whole nine yards, level runs, baseline building, tagline and lead lines for sounding the water. We'd get to a 100th of an inch on shore and when we got in the boat, on the water, we could be within 20 feet when we took a sounding. Of course to the 10th when actually taking the reading. Did it really matter, I think GPS today is accurate to 30'. ??

Anyway... That's "automation." Multiple whole survey crews would spend their whole time, year, just in places like BFLo Harbor and all other points on the Great Lakes. Now, it takes two guys a day to "sweep" a harbor, uploaded and plotted to the charts. Road crews like I was on would be in harbors from Toldeo, Maumee Bay all the way to Watertown, Sackets Harbor.

Tech is automating things. At work now, we are down to the bare minimum of human bodies needed to run 24/7/365.

When you mention your job, I always picture a guy in a toll booth.

Current GPS available to the masses is accurate to 3 meters or less I think, but I'm sure you did some good work before GPS was widely available.

Current GPS available to the masses is accurate to 3 meters or less I think, but I'm sure you did some good work before GPS was widely available.

Wow, down to 9 feet now...damn that is close.

Don't ask me about the fiasco @ Rocky River (outside Cleveland)... But job got done and we were in ballpark. Heck, on the water everything was ballparked. It was tech @ time. Like launching bottle rockets from a missile base.

9 feet still beats 20' when calculating spoil (dredge) material. But, I wonder how sounding (depth reading) tech vs. Hand, eye and pencil compares compares to each other. It would be interesting to compare sounding data across both eras. But... So many other variables in play!

Well, I picture him as a knowledgable player in a system that moves the midwest's commercial products and provides recreational opportunities for many thousands each summer. When he steps away from the river, he shares his insights and opinions with all of us. He may get a bit stubborn at times, but never nasty.

You go, Eric.

Well, I picture him as a knowledgable player in a system that moves the midwest's commercial products and provides recreational opportunities for many thousands each summer. When he steps away from the river, he shares his insights and opinions with all of us. He may get a bit stubborn at times, but never nasty.

You go, Eric.

Never nasty? Uhhhhh wrong.

You go, Eric.

Maybe not, but he's always rambling, overwordy and incoherent.

• 2 weeks later...

TERRIFIC IDEA – From College Fix:

Kentucky State Senator Jared Carpenter has submitted a bill which would require the state’s students to pass a citizenship exam before graduating high school — the test similar to that taken by those looking to become naturalized citizens.

Students “would be given the opportunity to retake the test ‘as often as needed in order to pass,’ but would need to pass with a score of at least 60 percent,” WDRB.com reports.

Carpenter had filed a similar bill last year, but it went nowhere in the Democratic-majority House of Representatives.

If the bill passes, it would take effect the 2018-2019 school year.

Read the piece to get the text of the bill. The left will, of course, fight this tooth and nail, but it's long overdue. We have kids coming out of high school who don't know the basic provisions of the United States Constitution. They don't know their own rights. And, of course, they don't know their responsibilities.