Unrestricted Free Agents for 2016

Uffalo Ills

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free-agent bargains: Which players offer most value?
Which impending free agents offer plenty of production value for a potentially modest price tag? Around The NFL takes a close look at the players who are in the free-agency bargain bin.

Vernon Davis, tight end

The tight end will probably come at the veteran's minimum or something close to it after a disappearing act in 2015. This was not all Vernon Davis' doing, however. In-season trades, especially to teams running three different offenses that are, at times, quarterbacked by Peyton Manning, are extremely difficult to navigate. Davis was simply lost in the shuffle, and it happens to the best of them. While his production has been on the decline for two years now, he's not that far removed from a 13-touchdown season. In the right offense, he might be able to have a James Jones-type career resurgence. If nothing else, he will be a fine hybrid/slot tight end option still quick enough to cause mismatches against linebackers in coverage. -- Conor Orr

Mentioned him yesterday as a possibility for the Bills with Gray's departure.

What to know about NFL free agency in 2016

Who will cash in? How will unprecedented cap space impact the market? With free agency right around the corner, John Clayton and Kevin Seifert discuss the major storylines.

@AroundTheNFL

CclGVBTUYAA8wyn.jpg

@MikeMcCartney7

QB @KirkCousins8 has officially accepted the Franchise Tender from the @Redskins

He just did not fit into what Shannahan was doing here. Not sure why...i think Roddy has a little left in the tank but is not what the Bills need.

Roddy was always first class and dealt with his demotion about as good as he could.

@RapSheet

Three teams to watch for Roddy White, a new free agent: #Titans (Mularkey & Robiskie), #Bucs (Koetter), #Raiders (Musgrave).

@MikeMcCartney7

QB @KirkCousins8 has officially accepted the Franchise Tender from the @Redskins

@RapSheet

Three teams to watch for Roddy White, a new free agent: #Titans (Mularkey & Robiskie), #Bucs (Koetter), #Raiders (Musgrave).

I love how he signed that so quick and didn't try to hold out and risk some type of injury in the off season. I wonder after JPP if you see a lot of guys signing so they at least guarantee that cash.

Tucker is a great kicker who is also clutch. Can't blame the Ravens one bit.

@NFLonCBS

The Ravens have reportedly used their franchise tag on Justin Tucker. http://cbsprt.co/1S5ZOeW

CcJiz3-WwAAlGbT.jpg

The only team in the NFL that has a coach for the FG kicker!!! I think this will change now that the extra point has been moved back and kickers have everyone's attention.

@DraftDiamonds

Arian Foster has been cut by the Texans

God only knows! :lol:

@MikeMcCartney7

What a great RUN @ArianFoster had with the @HoustonTexans! Thanks to the Texans & I'm personally excited what lies ahead for Arian!

@RapSheet

Arian Foster had Achilles surgery on 11/1, and I'm told is healthy enough to sign now. But teams may wait until summer to see him really run

Arian Foster was told he'll be released by the Texans.