keeping sammy happy

dbflaBill

How much say do you think star players have in getting players to their team. Mackensie Alexander and Jayron Kearse both were teammates with Sammy at Clemson as well as grew up in the same area. Mackensie wont fall that far to the bills, but say he does what do you think the likely hood Sammy is praising trying to one or both to buffalo?

He knows them very well. Its a very close community where they come from. I agree if we're letting him pick but star players are often do at times have some minor say. But both players would help the team. They signed his brother, who also knows Alexander and Kearse well. He played really well for Philly, and IMO is better than McCelvin and much cheaper.

Edited by dbflaBill

I think Kearse is a realistic possibility because he is a good football player....not because Sammy would want him.

I think Sammy just wants to win

I think Kearse is a realistic possibility because he is a good football player....not because Sammy would want him.

I think Sammy just wants to win

I totally agree.. Alexander would be a great add but won't fall that far.

How much say do you think star players have in getting players to their team. Mackensie Alexander and Jayron Kearse both were teammates with Sammy at Clemson as well as grew up in the same area. Mackensie wont fall that far to the bills, but say he does what do you think the likely hood Sammy is praising trying to one or both to buffalo?

I don't think scouts listen to players on who to draft

I think players have more influence on each other during free agency

CBF

This.

I don't think scouts listen to players on who to draft

I don't think so either, but I don't think it's unheard of for scouts/coaches to ask current players questions about a former teammate's character or work ethic.

If anything they would simply ask his opinion assuming they are already interested in the player. Like an impromptu "Hey, we're interested in this guy and we understand you know him personally. Is there anything we should know, and what would you think if we picked him up?"

Most extreme case I can think of is Arizona drafting Tyrann Mathieu. They had a ton of input from Patrick Peterson on it.