Patriots fans "Cautiously Optimistic" about facing Broncos

Vinaccia

It seems as though Patriots fans in a poll are cautiously optimistic about beating the Broncos but are not confident enough to think that its a sure win. I can't disagree with them but I really wish the Bills had their success and were in their position. This link contains the poll and some statistics discussed about the Patriots v. Broncos:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/how-do-you-like-the-pats-chance-mile-high-poll.1127365/

Yesterday, it was apparent Manning after a couple of months healing, can be somewhat accurate and still makes good decisions, but he has no power left in his arm so anything beyond 20 yards is out of the picture. I certainly hope the Broncos win, but expect the Pats to win.

As much as I'm pulling for the Cardinals to win it all, it doesn't look like anyone will beat the Panthers. They were so dominating in the first half yesterday. I guess if the Pats win, it would be awesome to see them get absolutely demolished in the SB. As bad as the ?Broncos against the Seahawks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/01/17/tom-brady-peyton-manning-rivalry-patriots-broncos/78945198/

Number 3 in the link above is interesting. May not be too relevant (different team, different year), but goes against the narrative of Peyton choking vs the Cheats*. I also think the key to beating NE* any time is to get them away from home (and the locker room bugs that it appears many teams believe exist, the extra helmet frequency found during Spygate, etc).

Kind of glad we get one more Brady-Manning tilt. Understand why Pats* fans think they may win, but hope the Broncos can spoil their coronation....

I hope the Brady-Manning duel turns out to be close, but with the Pats winning.

Then I hope the Panthers destroy them and Cam dances all over the field in front of them, embarrassing the Pats and signifying the end of both Brady and Manning for good. First down hip-hop dances for everyone!

Edited by Captain_Quint

I hope the Brady-Manning duel turns out to be close, but with the Pats winning.

Then I hope the Panthers destroy them and Cam dances all over the field in front of them, embarrassing the Pats and signifying the end of both Brady and Manning for good. First down hip-hop dances for everyone!

I still want the Bills to be the ones dancing and signifying the end of the Pats*. It is ok with me if they lose a close game to the Broncos, Panthers or Cardinals. I want the blowout to be ours.

As far as this week, I can see the Broncos D giving the Pats a hard time all day. I have to believe they will pressure the crap out of Brady, unlike the docile Chiefs on Saturday. I don't know about how much they will score against the Pats* D. I think if the NE* is really cautiously optimistic that is about right. The whole AFC has looked bad to me in the playoffs. I do think either NFC team is at an advantage of either AFC team but anything can happen in one game.

I can't see the Broncos beating the Pats. I hope that I am wrong but I just don't see it.

Peyton is a shell of what he once was. There is little arm strength left. He still is brilliant in knowing how to dissect a defense but he can't execute the way he wants to because he now throws a floater ball. He never really had a cannon arm and instead relied on his accuracy and smarts.

Peyton has been a pillar in this league. He has always conducted himself with class and dignity. Normally my inclination is that a player has a right to play as long as he can, even in a diminished role. But in this case I wish he would leave the game at the end of this year so that he will be less battered and then plagued with long-term infirmities.

An interesting question with Peyton and his post-football career is what is he going to do next? Will he join a franchise and work in the front office? Or will he become involved with the media. There was some talk that the Titans would be interested in having him work within their organization.

Peyton Manning is the type of person who almost everyone respects and wishes him well in whatever endeavor he gets involved in.

I'm rooting for the Pats to win the SB. It isn't so much that I favor that franchise but I think it would be an appropriate response for the way the commissioner handled the inflated-deflated ball issue. (I'm confident my position is a distinct minority position.)

There were rumors that he would have some front office position with the Titans which would include a percentage of ownership of the team.

That was what I was referring to. The best example of a former player being involved with a franchise and having influential authority in running the franchise is John Elway in Denver. He oversees the football operation and makes the major hires. He has done a good job. John Elway has also been a stunning success in the auto business sector. He isn't a PR performer post career---he worked hard to learn how the business worked and got actively involved. He's a hard worker, smart and tough.

I don't think the Broncos will win. Like others have said, the Patriots are finally healthy at WR and it makes a world of difference now for Brady. The Pats also have an underrated defense - no superstars really but they play well as a unit.

Only way I see Broncos winning is if they catch a couple of breaks on tipped balls for turnovers or win big on special teams.