Mock Draft

john_bult

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nkemdiche over Ragland? hmmm

For me that would be 8 days a week. Nkemdiche is an absolute physical freak. His upside is enormous, like multiple time defensive player of the year enormous. His floor is low because he is a knucklehead. Ragland looked slow to me against top talent and plays behind 3 guys that may be off the board by the time that we pick. He is solid and has a high floor but I think that his upside is limited. They always compare him to Mosley but he feels more like Preston Brown to me (that isn't meant as an insult) and we already have one of those.

19: R1P19
ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
ALABAMA
49: R2P18
S VONN BELL
OHIO STATE
80: R3P17
WR WILL FULLER
NOTRE DAME
114: R4P19
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
144: R5P17
K ROBERTO AGUAYO
FLORIDA STATE
174: R6P17
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BRIGHAM YOUNG

Would have liked to get another Dlineman or Olineman, but Ragland - Bell would likely be plug and play starters, Fuller gives a deep threat at WR while Wilson is a bigger guy (and both felt like steals in those rounds). Took Aguayo in the 5th because he's a stud and I'm tired of missed extra points.

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE
OLE MISS
WR MICHAEL THOMAS
OHIO STATE
ILB TYLER MATAKEVICH
TEMPLE
TE NICK VANNETT
OHIO STATE
CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA
DE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE

This was using the CBS big board. I would have liked a midround OT but the value wasn't there. I took the high upside guy late in Fields. I figured 2 knucklehead DL will fit in with Rex but could be great. The return game needs a jolt and that happens with Jones as well as being a depth corner. Vannett and Thomas will be your #2 TE and your #2 WR. Matakevich is just a football player. I would be really happy with this draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE

OLE MISS

WR MICHAEL THOMAS

OHIO STATE

ILB TYLER MATAKEVICH

TEMPLE

TE NICK VANNETT

OHIO STATE

CB CYRUS JONES

ALABAMA

DE DEVONTE FIELDS

LOUISVILLE

Sold. I'd buy this. Love the 2nd wr for this offense.

For me that would be 8 days a week. Nkemdiche is an absolute physical freak. His upside is enormous, like multiple time defensive player of the year enormous. His floor is low because he is a knucklehead. Ragland looked slow to me against top talent and plays behind 3 guys that may be off the board by the time that we pick. He is solid and has a high floor but I think that his upside is limited. They always compare him to Mosley but he feels more like Preston Brown to me (that isn't meant as an insult) and we already have one of those.

Couldnt agree more about Nkemdiche and Ragland, I would also add Ragland is not good in coverage and comparing him to Mosley is laughable, they both went to Alabama and that is where the comparisons stop. JMO, the more I watch Ragland the more overrated he becomes in my eyes when looking at his stock right now, not as athletic as I hear and read, and his change of direction skills are not impressive, he's more Donta Hightower than C.J. Mosley as lazy Bama comps go. A good player but IMO in todays NFL downhill thumpers are 2nd round picks at best.

I used the Fanspeak Draft Simulator, and selected players. What do you think of the players selected and any changes?
Round 1: Myles Jack, UCLA OLB
Round 2: Adolphus Washington, Ohio State DT
Round 3: Rashard Higgins, Colorado State WR
Round 4: Daryl Worley, WVU CB
Round 5: Max Redfield, Notre Dame Safety
Round 6: Kevin Hogan, Stanford QB
The Bills do not have a 7th Round Pick.

I like it. Similar to what I would simulate, although I'd go with Ragland or J. Smith over Jack, but any of the 3 would be great. Lack of OL is difficult, but perhaps we get a pick somehow that allows us to grab an OL. I like that you didn't really "reach".

When was the last good ucla guy? I remember akeem ayers getting some hype coming out and I don't even know where he is now. Some schools just have guys that seem to flame out.

Anthony Barr

DT ROBERT NKEMDICHE
OLE MISS

SS VONN BELL
OHIO STATE
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA
TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON
OLB JOE SCHOBERT
WISCONSIN
ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY
AUBURN

I did one more because I am bored at work. I don't like it quite as much as the 1st.

When was the last good ucla guy? I remember akeem ayers getting some hype coming out and I don't even know where he is now. Some schools just have guys that seem to flame out.

Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr are tearing it up in Minny... :ph34r:

I think RT is our biggest need but don't see us using a first round pick on one. I think the first pick will be DL or LB but hopefully we can get a good starting caliber Rt in round 2

Honestly, outside of Tunsil, I'm not a huge fan of this OT class. Maybe have to pull the trigger on Taylor Decker at 19 if we want an upgrade of any kind.

Here are my picks:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
2: R2P18
OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
3: R3P17
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
4: R4P19
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
5: R5P17
S MAX REDFIELD
NOTRE DAME
6: R6P17
OLB CURT MAGGITT
TENNESSEE

Honestly, outside of Tunsil, I'm not a huge fan of this OT class. Maybe have to pull the trigger on Taylor Decker at 19 if we want an upgrade of any kind.

I am with you and as a Buckeye fan I am not that high on Decker. He is okay but I wouldn't be a fan of the pick. Judging by the board (and assuming Treadwell doesn't slip) it almost certainly has to be an impactful front 7 player.

I am with you and as a Buckeye fan I am not that high on Decker. He is okay but I wouldn't be a fan of the pick. Judging by the board (and assuming Treadwell doesn't slip) it almost certainly has to be an impactful front 7 player.

I want to dig into Decker some more but he might be my OT2 over Stanley. I think he's solid and dependable, which is a lot better than your average OL starter across the league.

After the consensus top 3, maybe Joe Haeg from NDSU in the 3rd. Parker Ehinger from Cincinnati might be a guy that interests me early Day 3. Not watched Shon Coleman yet but I don't see many Day 1 or even Year 1 options for the Bills.

Here are my picks:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
2: R2P18
OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
3: R3P17
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
4: R4P19
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
5: R5P17
S MAX REDFIELD
NOTRE DAME
6: R6P17
OLB CURT MAGGITT
TENNESSEE

DeRunnya Wilson somehow being there in the 4th round would be an absolute steal. Wonder what it's like to have a tall WR on the team.....

I'd be cool with Jaylon Smith even with the injury. He has the type of physical ability that could make him similar to Patrick Willis and would make the middle of our defense scary.

Don't want to go anywhere near Ragland, and thats not just because of the bowl season. Just don't see a 1st round talent with him.

They should be picking a QB in round 2 or 3.

That would be the worst idea ever. Don't quit your day job.

If this was a deeper and more talented QB class, I'd agree but this is a bad one.I don't want the 4th or 5th best QB in a weak draft class. Sounds like a stupid idea to me.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83