Eagles: Name Doug Pederson HC, Schwartz DC, & Reich OC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd rather have Graham than Mario? Because I won't.

It's amazing what a year does. Mario was a top 3 DE in a system that fit him. Now he's not as good as Brandon Graham?

that's what the film says. He is still a good run defender. But he has lost explosiveness and can't (or doesn't try to) get past his blockers even 1:1. So many times he was supposed to rush the passer, and appeared to be doing so, but couldn't get home. It isn't about what he used to be, it's what he is now. If they sign him then he could be a nice addition to what they already have but I'm not sure they'd trade Graham for him.

It's highly disappointing because I thought he would be productive until he was about 35 with how he took care of himself. Guess something changed as it was reported he wasn't even ready for TC this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that's what the film says. He is still a good run defender. But he has lost explosiveness and can't (or doesn't try to) get past his blockers even 1:1. So many times he was supposed to rush the passer, and appeared to be doing so, but couldn't get home. It isn't about what he used to be, it's what he is now. If they sign him then he could be a nice addition to what they already have but I'm not sure they'd trade Graham for him.

With all due respect, I disagree. We go from leading the NFL in sacks to our lowest total since 1970. That's a broken system and affected many players.

So team is going To luck out and get a pissed off Mario at discount. That sucks.

With all due respect, I disagree. We go from leading the NFL in sacks to our lowest total since 1970. That's a broken system and affected many players.

So team is going To luck out and get a pissed off Mario at discount. That sucks.

it wasn't just Mario and it wasnt not just the system. He played his own role in the drop in stats, both for himself and the unit as a whole. I never understood why he never took an ounce of accountability, when others like Dareus were able to say that they didn't realize they would need to work hard to make it work instead of assuming the D was going to be great. It should be shared accountability. Coaches come and go and schemes change all the time in the NFL especially when you aren't winning or a coach quits, lol. Players must adapt and coaches must adapt, and it's not easy. Neither side (Rex/scheme or Mario) are blameless. Edited by YoloinOhio

it wasn't just Mario and it wasnt not just the system. He played his own role in the drop in stats, both for himself and the unit as a whole. I never understood why he never took an ounce of accountability, when others like Dareus were able to say that they didn't realize they would need to work hard to make it work instead of assuming the D was going to be great. It should be shared accountability. Coaches come and go and schemes change all the time in the NFL especially when you aren't winning or a coach quits, lol. Players must adapt and coaches must adapt, and it's not easy. Neither side (Rex/scheme or Mario) are blameless.

Very fair. I just want once for a coach to use the talent they have instead of depending on their stupid system.

I really really like the Rex hire. But it amazes me how he broke a top 2 defense.

Very fair. I just want once for a coach to use the talent they have instead of depending on their stupid system.

I really really like the Rex hire. But it amazes me how he broke a top 2 defense.

i agree in that it makes me sick to see the defense go down as soon as we finally get an offense. I still think there is a chance with Rex/Roman but in hindsight, Hue/Schwartz may have been the right call. Still, would we have TT? Who would have been the QB? So many unknowns. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree in that it makes me sick to see the defense go down as soon as we finally get an offense. I still think there is a chance with Rex/Roman but in hindsight, Hue/Schwartz may have been the right call. Still, would we have TT? Who would have been the QB? So many unknowns.

Yeah and definitely wasn't worried about Schwartz leaving because of Rex's pedigree. That said, I think Hue is a better offensive mind than Roman (it's close though) so that probably was the better combo.

It was such a disappointing year. Playoffs or bye Rex next year.

He admitted that he called the 2nd half plays, but offered a series of lame excuses for why it took so long.

The Eagles' new head coach and former Chiefs' offensive coordinator was asked about the Chiefs' slow two-minute drill from Saturday. His explanation didn't make much sense.

@ProFootballTalk

Jim Schwartz on plans for Eagles D: We'll do what we're good at doing http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Y54

yeah...I kind of like this trait (We fu&ked up):

“Scheme-wise, I’m a system guy,” Schwartz said, via NJ.com. “I don’t like being labeled. In Buffalo, we didn’t do the same things we did in Detroit and we didn’t do the same things in Tennessee. We do what we’re good at doing.”

yeah...I kind of like this trait (We fu&ked up):

“Scheme-wise, I’m a system guy,” Schwartz said, via NJ.com. “I don’t like being labeled. In Buffalo, we didn’t do the same things we did in Detroit and we didn’t do the same things in Tennessee. We do what we’re good at doing.”

everyone says this when hired; Rex said this too.

I am sure you will see the results with Schwartz, just like we did here. Many players said it, he puts you in a position to make plays. Our coach, I haven't heard that from the players and I don't like the results I saw. If you believe that it was Rex trying to merge his D with Schwartz's and it was Schwartz's that was bad, I have a bridge to sell you....

Schwartz said when he was hired in buffalo that he was going to incorporate some of Pettine's scheme like everyone was clamoring for at the time. He never did.

Exactly. All coaches modify their system to a degree but they don't change their philosophy or what they believe in. The Eagles are going to run a defense that looks very similar to Buffalo's. We'll see how it works without the front four he had to work with here.

Exactly. All coaches modify their system to a degree but they don't change their philosophy or what they believe in. The Eagles are going to run a defense that looks very similar to Buffalo's. We'll see how it works without the front four he had to work with here.

This Eagles experiment on defense should be intriguing to watch at least. lest compare Jim's Bills to Jim's Eagles shall we?

BTW i was a JS fan and still am . but i do not wish for the past. Or wish him back here.

But I do,

Wish him luck.

Congrats!