Eagles: Name Doug Pederson HC, Schwartz DC, & Reich OC

Anyone wonder if the fact that the Eagles are playing the NFC North this year had any bearing on his decision? He knows those teams all too well and can look good, like he did in Buffalo, against them.

I think it's more that his scheme is fit for much of the defensive personnel already on the roster.

@beaner_426

@ChrisBurke_SI Where does Barwin fit?

@ChrisBurke_SI

Chris Burke Retweeted Pork Tornado

Probably as a pass-rushing DE. He should be able to handle that role in Schwartz's scheme. Back to the wide-nine.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more that his scheme is fit for much of the defensive personnel already on the roster.

@beaner_426

@ChrisBurke_SI Where does Barwin fit?

@ChrisBurke_SI

Chris Burke Retweeted Pork Tornado

Probably as a pass-rushing DE. He should be able to handle that role in Schwartz's scheme. Back to the wide-nine.

Probably. Playing the NFCN doesn't hurt either.

@RapSheet

#Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said some potential candidates were head coaches on other teams. Imagine Coughlin, Pagano, Payton(?) among them

@JClarkCSN

Jim Schwartz here for Doug Pederson's press conference. #Eagles

CZGv9McUAAE4s80.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

Eagles HC Doug Pederson officially announced that Jim Schwartz is the new defensive coordinator

@DZangaroCSN

Pederson says he hasn't decided on an OC yet. Interviewing a few people. #Eagles

Philly press already killing Pederson for clock management during the Chiefs final drive vs. NE in the divisional playoff round.

@RapSheet

Philly media is the best. Introductory press conference, #Eagles coach Doug Pederson gets asked "why did that drive take so long?"

Good for Schwartz but he has way less talent to work with.

@LesBowen

Pederson says Bradford would fit perfectly into what he wants to do. No OC decision yet. DC Jim Schwartz is here: http://ow.ly/i/g1QTQ

@MarcSesslerNFL

Doug Pederson calls Sam Bradford a 'tremendous' player. #Eagles

I must have watched a different Bradford. He was far from tremendous.

That said, he (or Andy Reid) did a good job with Alex Smith.

Good for Schwartz but he has way less talent to work with.

I must have watched a different Bradford. He was far from tremendous.

That said, he (or Andy Reid) did a good job with Alex Smith.

Compared to what we had, yes but thats still a VERY talented defense. Connor Barwin, Fletcher Cox, Demeco Ryan, Kiko Alonso, are some key pieces there.