Full Version of the First Super Bowl Is Assembled

TSNBDSC

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25445687/super-bowl-i-between-packers-chiefs-recreated-replayed-by-nfl-films

It was never called the Superbowl then and they partially upgraded the film like they did the Wizard of Oz.

In an exhaustive process that took months to complete, NFL Films searched its enormous archives of footage and were able to locate all 145 plays from Super Bowl I from more than a couple dozen disparate sources. Once all the plays were located, NFL Films was able to put the plays in order and stich them together while fully restoring, re-mastering, and color correcting the footage. Finally, audio from the NBC Sports radio broadcast featuring announcers Jim Simpson and George Ratterman was layered on top of the footage to complete the broadcast.

Cool

The game originally aired on both NBC and CBS but all the tapes of the game "were either lost or recorded over."

I love how stuff like this was run pretty much the same way you ran your VHS collection at home back in the day. "I don't have another blank tape. Eh...who's ever gonna watch this old game again?"

The NFL should make all previously aired games available to stream especially in the offseason when most of us are itching to watch some football

id like to go back and relive those early 90's seasons some of which i still have on VHS but no VCR....but i keep them anyway

The NFL should make all previously aired games available to stream especially in the offseason when most of us are itching to watch some football

id like to go back and relive those early 90's seasons some of which i still have on VHS but no VCR....but i keep them anyway

Thank you for your input. As always, providing access to the fans is among our highest priorities. The NFL may consider a package to allow certain games to be viewed which would be available on demand through your current cable provider.

The '66 League Title Games featured Lombardi's Pack in their 2nd straight Championship game @ the Cowboys with the Pack prevailing 34-27 when safety Tom Brown intercepted Dallas QB Don Meredith in the end zone at the end. Hanks Stram's Kansas City Chiefs traveled to AFL the 2-time Defending AFL Champion Buffalo Bills. A fumbled opening kickoff set the Chiefs up deep in Bills territory and Dawson capped it with a TD strike to TE Fred Arbanas (who was legally blind in one eye). Buffalo tied it when Jack Kemp hit Elbert Dubenion for a 69 yrd score. Otis Taylor put the Chiefs back up with a 29 yrd TD catch. Buffalo responded by driving the field to a 1st Down at the KC 12 yrd line. But the next play turned out to be the most crucial play of the game when Kemp's next pass was picked off in the End Zone by safety Johnny Robinson and returned 72 yrds setting up a FG and a 17-7 halftime score. Neither team moved the ball in the 3rd quarter but the Chiefs put the game away with back to back TD drives at the start of the 4th to win 31-7 and advance to the AFL/NFL Championship Game vs. the Packers.

KC would also play in and win SBIV -the last game between the 2 Leagues as they merged in 1970. Buffalo wouldn't reurn to the Playoffs until '75 as a WC team at the eventual SB winning Steelers.

ahh, the memories!

Long Incomplete, a Full Version of the First Super Bowl Is Assembled for Broadcast

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/long-incomplete-a-full-version-of-the-first-super-bowl-is-assembled-for-broadcast/ar-CCkSnB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPDHP

Stayin :thumbsup:

That is crazy, I assumed it was always there. Are there any other missing SBs?

Nothing on Fox yet about it; rumor is that Fox is planning on playing Heidi, uncut with additionally "director cut" scenes added.

:lol::lol:

Thank you for your input. As always, providing access to the fans is among our highest priorities. The NFL may consider a package to allow certain games to be viewed which would be available on demand through your current cable provider.

and we make more money $$$

I was at the AFL championship game that year. After seeing what KC did to us In that game, I thought they would fare much better against GB.

Wrong.

:D

hey would could have been the only team to lose 5 SBs <_<

So is this being rebroadcast on CBS or NFL Network?

Ray Scott?

I was at the AFL championship game that year. After seeing what KC did to us In that game, I thought they would fare much better against GB.

Wrong.

Me too. Damn Mike Garrett and Johnny Robinson

Ray Scott?

Me too. Damn Mike Garrett and Johnny Robinson

I can still see in my minds eye Garrett sweeping left...way too successfully.

Were you at the Chiefs game here in '65?

Sadly memorable because their FB tore his knee up in that game (Mack Lee Hill) and he died

2 days later immediately following the surgery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Lee_Hill#Death

Wrong.

I was alive then but too young to form an opinion. My first Bills memory - a couple years later - is of Mini Max Andersen taking a hit and swallowing his tongue.

It's too bad the Bills won the AFL Championship the two years before the first SB but not that year. We were very close to playing in the first SB.

I was alive then but too young to form an opinion. My first Bills memory - a couple years later - is of Mini Max Andersen taking a hit and swallowing his tongue.

It's too bad the Bills won the AFL Championship the two years before the first SB but not that year. We were very close to playing in the first SB.

Hondo it was the next year as the AFL championship games were played in December, so the first SB was the following year in January 1967 with the Chiefs. It's too bad as the Chiefs beat us in the AFL Championship the previous week.

I understand and agree with your comment though. We had a heck of defense from what i could see and what my Dad told me.

I thought the presentation sucked! 2 different Dias' of has-beens and never-were's routinely breaking into the telecast to evaluate a game so different than what they know was lame and boring. Couldn't see it through to completion because of this.

I'll take the original NFL Films edited version every day over this, which Steve Sabol admitted was biased against the AFL