Dunne: Ten Things the Bills Should Do to Jump Start 2016

Bradham's situation is a tough call. Do you pay a street guy who is proven in a system like Rex's or do you pay Bradham with the hope that his ceiling is higher than them?

I loved watching him play last year. This year, not so much.

We HAVE to get someone who knows this D or it will be a repeat of this yr.

Rex will not simplify his defense and Buffalo will be looking for low cost options to fit his scheme as Dunne pointed out here. I'm just not sure they'll have the cap room without some maneuvering with a few other contracts.

You hope Glenn and Incognito are re-signed, but even with Mario's impending release it's hard to see how they'll have room for 3-4 or more defensive free agents. Rookies are not coming in and running this scheme to the degree Rex needs it.

Bradham's situation is a tough call. Do you pay a street guy who is proven in a system like Rex's or do you pay Bradham with the hope that his ceiling is higher than them?

I loved watching him play last year. This year, not so much.

I think the point is - It doesn't matter who we have where on defense. The Ryan (Now Ryans') scheme turned a high-ranking defense into a mediocre defense. Dunne hit the nail on the head - If Ryans don't listen to the players (players who have demonstrated their abilities) and form a defense that meets their abilities, I don't care if you find a defense made up of Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Cornelius Bennett, LT, Jack Lambert, (I think you catch my drift), they will fail again. The problem was not the players, it was the scheme!!! As I have said before, RR is an arrogant blowhard - his brother is no different.

Great article and write-up. I guess the only one I disagree with is Bradham. I don't think he had all that great of a year last year and can't imagine it gets any better next year. As far as simplifying the defense is concerned, we've already heard Rex allude to the fact that he would be listening to the players in the offseason and making adjustments to his schemes as appropriate. I don't think we're going to see a repeat of Marcel Dareus dropping back into pass coverage, like we saw in some occasions in almost every game this season. For me, it is also a foregone conclusion that the Bills are drafting defense in the first round and maybe again in the second. Without a renegotiation (which he said he wouldn't do), Mario Williams will be gone. There's almost zero probability that the team is willing to take a $19.9 million cap hit, in lieu of $7.0 million cap hit, for a guy with 5 sacks who's seemed to have lost his motor. Nice follow up on Clay 26CornerBlitz. I agree as well with that.