So who's buying a powerball ticket today?

USMCBillsFan

Even my wife who sucks at math caught that one right away when we saw it yesterday. I hope people track down this Philipe Andolini guy and see what other gems he has to offer.

I guess I can at least feel better about the people on my facebook list though. The image only showed up because of people commenting about it being wrong.

I traced the post back to LIvesosa (whoever that is) and when people pointed out how terribly wrong the math was Livesosa said that it's most likely that this Philipe Andolini knew this and was making a point about poverty in our country you know because the poor in this country really have it tough.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I traced the post back to LIvesosa (whoever that is) and when people pointed out how terribly wrong the math was Livesosa said that it's most likely that this Philipe Andolini knew this and was making a point about poverty in our country you know because the poor in this country really have it tough.

I think it says more about people's willingness to pass on information without giving it even a second of their own thought. I suppose it's possible he did it on purpose, but...

His point being what? That if you just make up numbers all the world's problems magically melt away? What a !@#$ing moron.

His point being what? That if you just make up numbers all the world's problems magically melt away? What a !@#$ing moron.

I'm not sure but there is a pretty good level of absurdity when there are all these problems in the world we're giving away $1,500,000,000. Talk about zero world problems.

If the math was actually correct, it would be similar to this.... :lol:

I think we'll be alright. Mexicans don't watch the news. :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

Good enough advice, but I disagree about not taking the lump sum. It's a gamble not taking the money; the Lotto could fold and then what? Anything can happen in 20 years.

Good enough advice, but I disagree about not taking the lump sum. It's a gamble not taking the money; the Lotto could fold and then what? Anything can happen in 20 years.

I think his point was more along the lines are if you take the lump sum vs an annuity (which I assume is an option) you run the risk of spending it all too soon. However how on earth someone could spend that kind of money in their lifetime is beyond me. We're not talking a few million here. We're talking several hundred million. I would recommend (yeah, what the !@#$ do I know) you do is you at least put part of it into an annuity. Figure out how much you'd like to have a year of fixed income. Is it $200,000....$500,000.....$1,000,000? Depending on your age you'd not have to put a large percentage of that vast amount into an annuity to generate that kind of fixed annual income even for $1,000,000 a year. Personally I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest after creating my lifetime income. I don't need a big house. I'd like to have a few different ones in different parts of the world that would likely be expensive but that would probably leave me with a few hundred million left. It's beyond imagination.

Edited by Chef Jim

I think when there is a winner, it will end up being shared over 5 tickets. And at least one of those tickets will be an office pool of 20 people.

Yea that actually seems somewhat likely. Office pools are popping up like crazy and it's Powerball mania. Think it's up to 1.5B now. Unreal

If you win the whole prize no taxes etc...You could almost buy a B2 bomber

Yea that actually seems somewhat likely. Office pools are popping up like crazy and it's Powerball mania. Think it's up to 1.5B now. Unreal

If you win the whole prize no taxes etc...You could almost buy a B2 bomber

If I'm not already on some sort of watch list, I'm pretty sure pricing a B2 bomber on eBay would get me a visit from one of the alphabet soup agencies...

If I'm not already on some sort of watch list, I'm pretty sure pricing a B2 bomber on eBay would get me a visit from one of the alphabet soup agencies...

I think being "The (*^*&%^$^#who tried to buy on EBay one of the only 20 existing B-2 Bombers" only gets you a visit from NIMH.

But I know MiGs can be had pretty cheap (I've seen MiG-21s for about a half-million). Might be able to get an old Tu-22M3 Backfire for a good price. Or the HSV-2 Swift is available for sale and immediate delivery...that might make a nice yacht.

Got my ticket. Line at the gas station went outside. No place to park on lot either. If you need gas the next two days you're screwed.

Last week before the drawing I stopped at a gas station, line at the register was 8 deep. But no one was by the scratch off vending machine, which, can also process Powerball sales. I was in and out before the person at the cashier was even finished.

I think being "The (*^*&%^$^#who tried to buy on EBay one of the only 20 existing B-2 Bombers" only gets you a visit from NIMH.

But I know MiGs can be had pretty cheap (I've seen MiG-21s for about a half-million). Might be able to get an old Tu-22M3 Backfire for a good price. Or the HSV-2 Swift is available for sale and immediate delivery...that might make a nice yacht.

Lol a tupelov backfire. Only if the cruise missile is included. I couldn't imagine the maintenance costs to keep it airworthy and fueled.

I saw a mig29 for sale on the internet's the other day...thought that would be a fun toy you could realistically buy if you win Powerball. Incredible

I thought we were down to 19 B2s?

Either way, Powerball fever! Woot

Any predictions on final jackpot prize? Will it get to 1.75B?