What will get you excited for next season?

Virgil

People talking about the Bills having a second "non-losing season"...lol

Personally, I see 8-8 as a non-winning season. Since the actual goal is to have more W's than L's.

Two non-losing seasons in a row is about changing the culture. It's not everything, but it's also not nothing. Certainly you can understand that.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex being better is a combination of #1 and #5. If he has a DC that can run that show and allow him to be just the HC, that's a big difference to me. Then, with #5, being a coach that doesn't motivate his opposing teams, I hope him to be better.

I'm not saying Rex is the answer. His past 5 years would lead me to believe that he's not. But we are stuck with him this year so I'm asking what would be the best of a bad situation.R

Rex has won in the past so its not impossible but like you I am less optimistic than I was a year ago. If he got his act together he would be a fun coach to have.

Two non-losing seasons in a row is about changing the culture. It's not everything, but it's also not nothing. Certainly you can understand that.

Come on. It is nothing and you know it. Rex came in boasting about "we're going" then fails to even achieve the lofty record of his predecessor with a team that was more talented.

This season was a huge failure on almost every level. No amount of excuse making changes that. It's not the end of the world, and TT showing he can play in this league was a very big plus. But please stop with the 8-8 is a good thing.

Come on. It is nothing and you know it. Rex came in boasting about "we're going" then fails to even achieve the lofty record of his predecessor with a team that was more talented.

This season was a huge failure on almost every level. No amount of excuse making changes that. It's not the end of the world, and TT showing he can play in this league was a very big plus. But please stop with the 8-8 is a good thing.

We can agree to disagree.

I don't think I'm going to be excited again until we are coming off a playoff season. I'm tired of getting my hopes up over this hire, that hire, this signing, how we finished from a previous season (although I really wasn't as hopeful as most other people were last offseason). I guess the only thing that would maybe make me feel a little better is (and I know this isn't going to happen) if we hired Jim Schwartz back and both Rex and Rob promised they would let him handle the defense 100% and if because of that we decided to keep Mario. Sorry, I'm not buying the excuses about more injuries in 2015 than 2014 or that Rex's defense needs more time before it starts working. We were better off with Schwartz calling the defense.

The only, only thing that will get me excited for next season is they retool the entire defense for Rex's scheme. That means cuts, trades, draft pick and free agents, whichever way they need to to get the right front seven and safeties.

I don't want any excuses left on the table. I want to see the mastermind get everything he needs so that he either delivers or is a clear cut termination.

That can include cutting all the defensive Williams, trading Dareus, dropping Nigel and Preston...I don't care. But next year needs to be a playoff or get out kinda year...

Combine that with another Harvin sort of WR and lets go.

I hate to say it but i'd much rather have Marrone/Schwartz than the Ryans

Nah...at least the Ryans are entertaining. Marrone doesn't know crap about offense and the Schwartz D, while stat-worthy, came up very small in crucial situations.