#2 QB next year

HT02

Not to mention that they save nothing by dumping EJ and replacing him. His contract is guaranteed. I would not be surprised at all to see them draft a QB early (rd2-4) and sign a scrap heap guy to come in and compete in camp with EJ and TT. Someone like TJ Yates or Ryan Lindley (just picking random names). If EJ is cut, I doubt it is done before camp cuts in August/Sept.

They just signed Dysert. He's probably that guy, unless he makes a big improvement.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only one who's perfectly ok with EJ as our backup. It's slim pickings for a better backup, EJ has experience, is still developing, a good team player, and will be in year two of Roman's complicated system. If we replace EJ, I'd hope we replace him with someone else who has had experience with the system.

I think EJ has a $10 million option next year if he is on the roster March 1st. He is going to get cut.

They just signed Dysert. He's probably that guy, unless he makes a big improvement.

Just as a sidebar on young QBs they are all great until they actually have to play. I remember people on here a few years ago were hoping to draft Dysert. There were threads on all of those guys. Now he is in the system and this is probably the first time that he has been mentioned.

Josh Mccown may be available - they're doing a total rebuild. Foles? He has shown some ability before. Gabbert? He looked better than ever before.

There are no good options for QB2...

I thought EJ was only on year 4... Meaning we have until may to say we arent picking up year 5 - and he plays out year 4 guaranteed. He's still ours for next year i believe.

Edited by dneveu

Keep EJ for 2016. Never know when you'll need to force an offsides - seriously, he's as good as anyone else that's legitimately available, has a whole pre-and-season in Roman's system and he's already paid for.

Draft one in 3rd round, have Tyrod show him how to be an NFL starting QB just like Flacco showed TT.

Josh Mccown may be available - they're doing a total rebuild. Foles? He has shown some ability before. Gabbert? He looked better than ever before.

There are no good options for QB2...

I thought EJ was only on year 4... Meaning we have until may to say we arent picking up year 5. He's still ours for next year i believe.

A developmental draft pick with high upside is my good option. Wentz, Prescott, Brisett. Mobile guys with size and ability. Some people have no hope for Prescott's throwing ability, but idk.

Oh okay, I guess I would keep him them & let him compete for the backup position with another QB that they bring in.

Yeah, and if the Bills are happy with him next year, I imagine they'd give him a new contract, not go with that insane option. Or, EJ will go elsewhere to try to get back to being a starter (wouldn't surprise me).

A developmental draft pick with high upside is my good option. Wentz, Prescott, Brisett. Mobile guys with size and ability. Some people have no hope for Prescott's throwing ability, but idk.

The thing with Dak is continuation of growth. It's very clear that he's working incredibly hard on his craft, he takes it very seriously.

Sounds a little like the guy that started 14 games this year, doesn't it?

I'd still like a vet back there who can play if TT is hurt. He already missed 2 games last year, and i'd like a guy back there who can compete. Not a guy we have to change the gameplan for.

Just as a sidebar on young QBs they are all great until they actually have to play. I remember people on here a few years ago were hoping to draft Dysert. There were threads on all of those guys. Now he is in the system and this is probably the first time that he has been mentioned.

You hit it Kirby. The leap between college and the pros at the QB position is almost unimaginable. Pro LB's run like most college CB's...anticipation and accuracy are at a premium in the pros -- a great college QB can be a see and throw guy. What I was most impressed with TT this year is that he evolved to an anticipation thrower the last half of the year rather than a see and throw guy (like EJ)....most college QBs are see and throw guys...honestly, the best anticipation QB I saw this year in College was #10 from Ole Miss....

Edited by JoeF