#2 QB next year

HT02

It's pretty safe to assume the Taylor will be back as the Bills starting QB next season; I for one hope that EJ isn't our back-up going into the season. I would like the Bills to bring in someone who would represent a legitimate challenge to Taylor. Although he did a decent job this year, probably the best QB year we've had since Bledsoe, I'm not confident he is a top 10 QB.

My question is this, how do the Bills address the #2 QB next year:

Draft a QB? How high?

Sign a veteran back-up?

Go after a big name (maybe past his prime veteran like Drew Brees)?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor has been gradually establishing himself as a leader. Why bring in someone to directly challenge him?

Doesn't that just cause unneeded drama? He won the competition this year, is mastering the offense and the rest of the team is behind him.

Draft a young guy to develop, not challenge for the starting spot. They grabbed Dysert and will probably draft someone like Dak Prescott to groom. Not that that's who I would pick, but at see them doing it.

Sign Ryan Mallett for cheap seems like he's cleaned up his act. Has played very good for the Ravens these last couple of weeks. This can be a low risk high reward type of signing

Great example, that is exactly the type of guy I think would be a good fit.

I think Taylor has been gradually establishing himself as a leader. Why bring in someone to directly challenge him?

Doesn't that just cause unneeded drama? He won the competition this year, is mastering the offense and the rest of the team is behind him.

Draft a young guy to develop, not challenge for the starting spot. They grabbed Dysert and will probably draft someone like Dak Prescott to groom. Not that that's who I would pick, but at see them doing it.

A true champion gets better with competition he doesn't go away and mope. He deserves to be the "starter" going into camp agreed but one of the biggest mistakes the Bills have made over the years is not to have "plan B" ready in case. Whether is was Trent Edwards or Rob Johnson or EJ they would clear the roster to make certain they didn't feel pressure, I want a QB how thrives on pressure not shrinks from it.

I think I'm the only one who's perfectly ok with EJ as our backup. It's slim pickings for a better backup, EJ has experience, is still developing, a good team player, and will be in year two of Roman's complicated system. If we replace EJ, I'd hope we replace him with someone else who has had experience with the system.

Great example, that is exactly the type of guy I think would be a good fit.

A true champion gets better with competition he doesn't go away and mope. He deserves to be the "starter" going into camp agreed but one of the biggest mistakes the Bills have made over the years is not to have "plan B" ready in case. Whether is was Trent Edwards or Rob Johnson or EJ they would clear the roster to make certain they didn't feel pressure, I want a QB how thrives on pressure not shrinks from it.

Lol. It's not about Taylor's response, it's about the drama surrounding the situation. If Taylor's the guy, then he's the guy. Don't muddy it up in the locker room and with the media/fans. The difference with the QBs we've had in the past is that they weren't good. Taylor is. Edited by LeGOATski

I think I'm the only one who's perfectly ok with EJ as our backup. It's slim pickings for a better backup, EJ has experience, is still developing, a good team player, and will be in year two of Roman's complicated system. If we replace EJ, I'd hope we replace him with someone else who has had experience with the system.

I'm okay with EJ for 2016. Money might be tight, no sense in cutting him because we'd be paying him full salary and then paying another QB on top of that. Beyond 2016, different story.

I've read here that EJ and Tyrod are equally good as long as they throw less than 20 passes. So why don't we trade Tyrod , who would likely net us more in a trade, and keep EJ on the roster while planning to have him throw less than 20 passes per game. Win win situation all around.

Lol. It's not about Taylor's response, it's about the drama surrounding the situation. If Taylor's the guy, then he's the guy. Don't muddy it up in the locker room and with the media/fans. The difference with the QBs we've had in the past is that they weren't good. Taylor is.

If Taylor plays like a he did this year or better there won't be any drama lol

I will go with Chase Daniel, Matt Hasselbeck, Drew Stanton and Matt Moore to go along with a mid round rookie (Doughty from WKU). I think that Chase Daniel may be the perfect guy. He played in Payton's offense and then in Andy Reid's. I know that both teams were extremely high on him.

Sign a vet.

Draft a rookie.

Let the chips fall where they may.

I fear Taylor is going to play himself out of a starting gig, one way or another.

Based on......

Sign a vet.

Draft a rookie.

Let the chips fall where they may.

I fear Taylor is going to play himself out of a starting gig, one way or another.

I think he going to do what he has been doing......show steady improvement

but

We do need guys behind him that wont **** the bed if we ask them to throw a football. I am swiping someone elses idea but

- The backup QB from the Raiders

- Draft a QB in the 2nd to 3rd round.

I'm okay with EJ for 2016. Money might be tight, no sense in cutting him because we'd be paying him full salary and then paying another QB on top of that. Beyond 2016, different story.

I have seen more than enough of EJ, I hope he isn't on the team at all.

I'm ok w/EJ as backup too. He's as good as anyone we could get, knows the system, seems to like it in Buffalo and could still develop into a competent, but not stellar, QB.

If Taylor plays like a he did this year or better there won't be any drama lol

The Bills are great at creating drama. There will be drama.

It looks like Taylor and Sammy have established themselves. Build on that and develop a young guy behind him. Don't bring in someone to "legitimately challenge" the leader just for the sake of it.