Robert Woods

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which team would that be?

A really bad team.

Maybe, but a team with a good QB that throws a lot. I don't think 80 is too rich for him if healthy on a balanced throwing team.

He had 65 as a second year guy, then played hurt. So I don't see 80 as out of the question.

This is definitely a plausible scenario, though Woods has always been a pretty team first guy going back through college. If the Bills make the playoffs this year, he might want to stick around to try to get a ring with Taylor, Sammy, and co. But I admit that's a less likely scenario than the one above.

The only problem is that the Bills will neither have the money nor the cap space to pay for a #2 WR...That money was spent on Clay.

Yeah, but now we don't have money to sign Gilmore, Tyrod or even Woods. Just like the Bills to sign (2) OL and let the QB walk. :nana:

/S

Right !

I know.

doomed

I think it is all gonna depend on what value a number 2 receiver on this team is for the bills

They might not think he is worth the offers he is gonna get elsewhere

Like Hogan did ?

remember when we thought Bills could not keep Glenn and Richie ? But money kept getting found ?

We could find that because we were not paying a QB. If TT gets paid and so does Gilmore, I don't see how this team can pay everyone.

On Offense, they have big contracts for Glenn, Clay and will have a huge contract for TT. Richie and Wood also have resonably big contract.

On Defense, they have big contracts for Dareus, Hughes and will be paying a huge contract for Gilmore. Kyle and Aaron Williams have reasonable sized contracts.

We could find that because we were not paying a QB. If TT gets paid and so does Gilmore, I don't see how this team can pay everyone.

On Offense, they have big contracts for Glenn, Clay and will have a huge contract for TT. Richie and Wood also have resonably big contract.

On Defense, they have big contracts for Dareus, Hughes and will be paying a huge contract for Gilmore. Kyle and Aaron Williams have reasonable sized contracts.

Robert may be the odd man out.

But keep an eye on the contracts of Eric Wood, Kyle Williams and Aaron Williams and Corey Graham next year.

Maybe, but a team with a good QB that throws a lot. I don't think 80 is too rich for him if healthy on a balanced throwing team.

He had 65 as a second year guy, then played hurt. So I don't see 80 as out of the question

If Robert Woods gets 80 receptions this season, the Bills won't make the playoffs.

Woods is solid, but honestly, i'd be happier with him in the slot. He's just not an elite number 2 like Emmanuel Sanders, Allens Hurns or even Eric Decker. And I think a lot of us here want every position on the team (especially the offense) too be elite. It might be unrealistic to expect more from him (he's got good hands and great blocking), but it'd be nice to see Watkins get single coverage from time to time because DBs would have to worry about all the targets on the field.

Woods is solid, but honestly, i'd be happier with him in the slot. He's just not an elite number 2 like Emmanuel Sanders, Allens Hurns or even Eric Decker. And I think a lot of us here want every position on the team (especially the offense) too be elite. It might be unrealistic to expect more from him (he's got good hands and great blocking), but it'd be nice to see Watkins get single coverage from time to time because DBs would have to worry about all the targets on the field.

That's not a realistic expectation of any NFL team, not in the salary cap era. There's not enough money to pay for "elite" (however you wish to define it) players at every spot. Front offices have to make choices.

Woods probably isn't an elite #2 anywhere else in the league, but in this system on this roster he might very well be an elite #2 in Buffalo. With how focused GRo is on both the running game and multiple TE sets, the Bills needs a guy like Woods who is a team first guy, able to play anywhere on the field, and isn't afraid to be physical. Last year was a disappointment for Woods, certainly, but playing with two groin tears isn't the easiest thing to do while being productive. He's got all the talent: runs great routes, has good hands, blocks, is tough as hell, goes over the middle and can push the vertical. He's not Sammy (who is?) but he's far and away the second best WR on the team and it's not even close.

I'm excited to see what Woods will bring this year now that he's healthy, playing for a contract year, has the same QB for the first time in his 4 year tenure, and is in the same system -- one which he is perfectly suited for. He might not be "elite", but he has the skill set to be very, very good this season.

And that might be all the Bills need out of their #2 guy with weapons like Watkins, McCoy, and Clay taking up a good chunk of targets.

That's not a realistic expectation of any NFL team, not in the salary cap era. There's not enough money to pay for "elite" (however you wish to define it) players at every spot. Front offices have to make choices.

Woods probably isn't an elite #2 anywhere else in the league, but in this system on this roster he might very well be an elite #2 in Buffalo. With how focused GRo is on both the running game and multiple TE sets, the Bills needs a guy like Woods who is a team first guy, able to play anywhere on the field, and isn't afraid to be physical. Last year was a disappointment for Woods, certainly, but playing with two groin tears isn't the easiest thing to do while being productive. He's got all the talent: runs great routes, has good hands, blocks, is tough as hell, goes over the middle and can push the vertical. He's not Sammy (who is?) but he's far and away the second best WR on the team and it's not even close.

I'm excited to see what Woods will bring this year now that he's healthy, playing for a contract year, has the same QB for the first time in his 4 year tenure, and is in the same system -- one which he is perfectly suited for. He might not be "elite", but he has the skill set to be very, very good this season.

And that might be all the Bills need out of their #2 guy with weapons like Watkins, McCoy, and Clay taking up a good chunk of targets.

and yet.. bills won't be able to pay him next year.

I was hurt when Whaley called him out, as Bills still looking for number 2.

Woods has worked his arse off for this team.

He was drafted as a number two.

Some teams like a one two punch outside. Whaley wanted a ONE in Capital letters in Sammy. So the two is kinda an after thought, like 3-4.

They brought in Clay too.

Am i wrong to feel the Bills have done him some disservice ?

I was hurt when Whaley called him out, as Bills still looking for number 2.

Am i wrong to feel the Bills have done him some disservice ?

Yes, IMO you are wrong to feel that way.

Bottom line is he has been given three years to make plays and he hasn't made them.

It's a walk year so we are likely to see his ceiling, which simply has to be higher than he has shown because he was absolutely not supposed to be JAG coming into the NFL as a polished and highly successful WR at USC. But in 3 seasons all he has been is JAG.