A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

12) Nice PBU by Butler. Saved us from a crushing loss.

Very lucky, terrible coverage in that situation.

The Bills were loose all game, you could tell. It's much easier to play, and coach, with no pressure on you.

On to next season, and time to concentrate on the Sabres :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to these posts after every game, but I don't feel the Bills are a bit of a trainwreck. This was a very injury-depleted team that didn't quit on their coach, that won its last two games and knocked a division rival out of the playoffs. They need a few players on D most notably linebackers and a good safety. All relatively easy off-season fixes now that we have a full compliment of draft picks.. The front office and ownership seem to be solid.

My idea of a trainwreck is 3 1/2 hours south of here in Cleveland.

Pooj, a good friend of mine is a jet fanatic and a smart guy/fan. He told me:

1) We were getting a very good coach in Pettine and we would be happy with him.

2) NEVER be fooled by Rex. He is just an inept blowhard.

Gotham Bill, Your comments on for the most part are spot on. I was in an LA airport and saw only portions of the game while waiting for my delayed flight. Side note: Older women who have had a number of procedures to look young have a tendency to look hideous as time goes by. Why do beautiful women have tattoos? I'm not a hipster and never will be! Troglodytes like me don't qualify to be in the category of "beautiful people."

Let me start off by forcefully disagreeing with you over TT's proclivity to run and his success in doing so. Right now he is relying on his legs because he is not being asked to go through his progressions. You can be enamored with his running this season but next season teams will be adjusting to his running tendency. If you want a model not to follow it's the Michael Vick approach approach to quarterbacking. His scintillating runs that made him a compelling player to watch also made him a prematurely battered qb. He excessively relied on his legs because he didn't put much effort into learning how to play qb. That was a shame because he was an unbelievable passer. Vick didn't have the discipline and sophistication (in life) to understand that football was a profession and was a process that entailed constant learning. Your constant exhortations for him to run will be met with my reflexive reactions to challenge you on this issue.

Pooj, a good friend of mine is a jet fanatic and a smart guy/fan. He told me:

2) NEVER be fooled by Rex. He is just an inept blowhard.

This is a subject matter that gets my blood boiling. Rex Ryan is an obnoxious self-promoting huckster and a fraud. He left the Jets in shambles, concluding with a four win season. The mature but stolid HC who followed him took over mostly the same team and had a ten win season, missing out on the playoffs on the last day. RR took over an upgraded Bills team and accomplished less with more talent than the prior dour HC who accomplished more with less talent.

He took a top ranked defense and made adjustments to it that minimized the best players' assets and accentuated their liabilities. Its bad enough that is he the dumbest HC in the game but his never ending need to draw attention to himself is in itself disgusting.

Bill, this was a playoff team. The opportunity to qualify for the playoffs this year was squandered by this ludicrous HC. Do you think that this clown HC is going to get smarter next year"? Do you think this clown HC is going to act more maturely next year? Do you think this clown HC going to instill more discipline and football intelligence to his team next when he, himself, doesn't have it?

What do you call a loser who talks like he is a winner? A fool! This organization gave him a rich five year contract. Explain that to me?

This is a subject matter that gets my blood boiling. Rex Ryan is an obnoxious self-promoting huckster and a fraud. He left the Jets in shambles, concluding with a four win season. The mature but stolid HC who followed him took over mostly the same team and had a ten win season, missing out on the playoffs on the last day. RR took over an upgraded Bills team and accomplished less with more talent than the prior dour HC who accomplished more with less talent.

Can people please stop repeating this myth? The 2015 Jets are not mostly the same team as the 2014 Jets.

Can people please stop repeating this myth? The 2015 Jets are not mostly the same team as the 2014 Jets.

No team is exactly the same from one year to the next. Rosters change to a degree for all teams, including the Bills. Rex Ryan was fired from the Jets after a four win season. That is a fact! Overall, Rex Ryan in his six year stint with the Jets had a losing record. That is a fact! The roster turnover for the Jets was not much different from the roster turnover that the Bills had.

Rex Ryan took over an upgraded roster compared to what the unlikable Marrone had. Doug Marrone had a better record than Rex had this season with a lesser team. So let's recap: Rex is fired from the Jets and it dramatically improves. Rex takes over an upgraded team Bills team and accomplishes less with more talent. To make things even more obvious Rex had an easier schedule facing a weak NFC East and AFC Central Divisions.

If you believe Ryan is a quality HC that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. If you believe that he did a fine coaching job this year with the Bills that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I have a starkly different opinion. I consider him to be not only the dumbest HC in the league but also the most obnoxious HC in the league.

If you want to be receptive to this blowhard's bullshiiiit that's your prerogative. I'm not and never will buy what this huckster has to offer. The Rex Ryan that this organization got is the authentic Rex Ryan. Check his record. That is what I find to be very sad and discouraging.

I'm not only one who has this jaundiced view of him. He left a trail of carnage from his sloppy work as a coach in NY. Without him and his tiresome carnival act the Jets are doing fine.

No team is exactly the same from one year to the next. Rosters change to a degree for all teams, including the Bills. Rex Ryan was fired from the Jets after a four win season. That is a fact! Overall, Rex Ryan in his six year stint with the Jets had a losing record. That is a fact! The roster turnover for the Jets was not much different from the roster turnover that the Bills had.

Rex Ryan took over an upgraded roster compared to what the unlikable Marrone had. Doug Marrone had a better record than Rex had this season with a lesser team. So let's recap: Rex is fired from the Jets and it dramatically improves. Rex takes over an upgraded team Bills team and accomplishes less with more talent. To make things even more obvious Rex had an easier schedule facing a weak NFC East and AFC Central Divisions.

If you believe Ryan is a quality HC that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. If you believe that he did a fine coaching job this year with the Bills that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I have a starkly different opinion. I consider him to be not only the dumbest HC in the league but also the most obnoxious HC in the league.

If you want to be receptive to this blowhard's bullshiiiit that's your prerogative. I'm not and never will buy what this huckster has to offer. The Rex Ryan that this organization got is the authentic Rex Ryan. Check his record. That is what I find to be very sad and discouraging.

I'm not only one who has this jaundiced view of him. He left a trail of carnage from his sloppy work as a coach in NY. Without him and his tiresome carnival act the Jets are doing fine.

Yeay, Rex is a blowhard. Blow me down with that news flash.

How about addressing the crux of your argument that the Jets are mostly the same team in 2015 as they were in 2014.

Yes that's right, the 2014 Jets had Brandon Marshall, Revis and Cromartie....oh wait no they didn't. And the 2015 Jets had Gino Smith as their starting QB for most of the season......oh wait no they didn't.

And they went from the very worst secondary in the league to one of the very best, even if Cromartie did not have a great year.

I look forward to these posts after every game, but I don't feel the Bills are a bit of a trainwreck. This was a very injury-depleted team that didn't quit on their coach, that won its last two games and knocked a division rival out of the playoffs. They need a few players on D most notably linebackers and a good safety. All relatively easy off-season fixes now that we have a full compliment of draft picks.. The front office and ownership seem to be solid.

My idea of a trainwreck is 3 1/2 hours south of here in Cleveland.

I agree...Cleveland is in shambles and this was after several on this forum were pulling for Pettine to become our head coach after one good season as a DC. They have a real mess on their hands now and I don't believe that having the #2 pick is going to revive them next season.

Thanks for all of your insight, Bill....hope that you have a healthy 2016.

Look forward to reading your post in Week One!

Edited by Bacchus44

And they went from the very worst secondary in the league to one of the very best, even if Cromartie did not have a great year.

The Jets reworked their roster in the offseason as did every team in the league did. They participated in the same draft and free agency, as did every team in the league, including the Bills. Fitz was their qb addition and Taylor was our qb addition.

The fact of the matter is that RR had a six year stint with the Jets. Overall he had a losing record. He took over a roster that had a very good defensive unit and its offense was bolstered by the addition of Taylor, Clay, McCoy and Incognito. If you want to make the judgment that he did a good coaching job with the Bills then go ahead and make that claim. I'm saying otherwise.

Every year it is the same thing. The apologists not only make excuses why the Bills lose but they compound their delusion by making excuses why other teams win. If you believe that Rex Ryan coached well this season then that is an opinion I very much disagree with. Coaching matters. Maybe not to you but to me it was very evident with this boisterous personality pacing along the sidelines.

Edited by JohnC

7) Let's talk about effort: How about the clutch 3rd and 2 run by Karlos? That kid is as strong as an ox, has good speed, and is a player who is very easy to be a fan of. I really do hope he stays healthy next year because he is quite the weapon.

Several key 3d down plays I loved. How about the 3d and 4 run by Taylor on the last scoring drive? Boobie destroyed the defender in the hole.

12) I know it was a nice hit but we are VERY lucky that Thompkins dropped that pass.

I didn't see a clear replay until this morning, but boy is this right. Thompkins had it in his hands -- that easily could have been a TD.

1) Watkins is making a strong case to be considered one of the top receivers in the NFL. Revis couldn't do much to stop him now could he? 11 receptions for 136 yds. was amazing under the circumstances.

2) Did anybody notice that the Jets were unable to goad Incognito into a fight and/or penalty? Later, Tyrod pulled Mills away from a fight. When did this team become disciplined? Today, during game 16? Unbelievable.

3) I hope my friend John C is reading this. Tyrod HAS to be a running quarterback, at least for now and the near future. He is SUCH a good and clutch runner it would be criminal to hold him back.

4) I want to be happy like Todd Bowles. I mean this. It would be cool to be like him and live my life with the same smile, no matter what is happening. I wonder if he is on meds. Or, does he have the world's greatest therapist?

5) You folks know that I am fond of Corey Graham as a player, but how did he drop what would have been a pick-6 in the first quarter?

6) Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know.

Feels like it might be alright.

While Lady Lullaby sings plainly for you,

Love still, rings true.

Midnight on a carousel ride,

Reaching for the gold ring, down inside.

Never could reach,

It just slips away,

But I try!

7) Let's talk about effort: How about the clutch 3rd and 2 run by Karlos? That kid is as strong as an ox, has good speed, and is a player who is very easy to be a fan of. I really do hope he stays healthy next year because he is quite the weapon.

8) Did you see the players after Mario had the sack? They looked as if they were thrilled to see him trying. Then again, I might read into this stuff a bit too much.

9) I am not sold on Rex Ryan as a coach. Far from it but let's give credit where it's due. He coached a fine game today.

10) What caused the pick by Lawson right after the deuce? Wait, I know.....PASS RUSH!!! Dareus rushed him, crushed him, and made him throw early. Why on earth did we have to wait for game 16 to see this?

11) This kid Salas has some heart, no?

12) I know it was a nice hit but we are VERY lucky that Thompkins dropped that pass.

13) Well, here we are again. Our season is over and we missed the playoffs yet again. Still, there is a lot to talk about this off season. The Bills are a bit of a train wreck, but I for one think we can turn it around with some luck, work, and a big dose of common sense.

14) Thanks everybody for the wonderful dialogue about this team that we care so much about. There is no better place to talk about the Bills. Next year, my last post of the season will be about a post season game. Be well everyone and God bless.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the little things and this could've been my favorite moment of the game. Tyrod getting in Mills' face and telling him to get the F away. Showed great maturity and leadership from Tyrod. Something Eli should've done when Beckham was causing trouble.

Tyrod is our future for the next couple year.