2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

It would not surprise me at all if he's our pick at 19.

I could also see Detroit snapping him up 3 picks earlier--he fits their scheme perfectly

Same here. There's a lot to like about him.

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills could use some pass rushing punch, so how about Clemson's Kevin Dodd? I analyze the fit/if they'd do it: https://t.co/5ecz9UllAH

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. There's a lot to like about him.

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills could use some pass rushing punch, so how about Clemson's Kevin Dodd? I analyze the fit/if they'd do it: https://t.co/5ecz9UllAH

Dodd is definitely the guy I want most at #19...Even if Rankins or Robinson slide...The Bills need to get pressure on the passer and I think Dodd is just starting to realize his potential... B-)

Dodd is definitely the guy I want most at #19...Even if Rankins or Robinson slide...The Bills need to get pressure on the passer and I think Dodd is just starting to realize his potential... B-)

What I like most about Dodd is that he's played effectively in both even and odd fronts, and he's got a great motor.

He plays the run with passion, and as we saw last year--he can get after the QB.

I see him as the type that could play the 5T/4i on 1st/2nd downs, and kick all the way out to 9T when they go to a 4-man front. Rex loves that type of versatility.

That said, I'm starting to feel like he'll end up somewhere in the top 15--maybe to TB or even to LA to replace Chris Long.

Interesting for extra pick

19. (PROPOSED TRADE) Arizona Cardinals (from Buffalo Bills) – Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
29. (PROPOSED TRADE) Bills (from Cardinals) – Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Mississippi:

I could absolutely see a team like Arizona moving up for a QB--Denver too for that matter.

What I don't know, however, is that Buffalo will feel good about moving back. They may feel like they have their guy locked in at 19, and if he's there, they pull the trigger.

I like Vernon Butler. Versatile, with a high motor. I was hoping he would slip to #49, but now I think you have to take him in the first.

I too like Butler for those same reasons--if you want him, it's going to have to be at 19 (or after a trade-down)

Bills need a true nose tackle and an edge rusher. Is 19 too early for a NT?

Yes.

You can get a true NT later:

Kenny Clark in the 2nd

Austin Johnson in the 3rd

DJ Reader or Javon Hargrave in the 4th

Vincent Valentine in the 6th

On another note, really liking what I've seen of Tyrone Holmes from Montana.

Has a LB body, but seems to feel right at home at the classic 9T spot.

Could be an option as a situational pass rusher that may eventually be able to play snaps at Rush LB.

Here:

Hmmm

@lancezierlein

Hearing mixed reviews on Kevin Dodd, but S. Lawson isn't fairing as well. I believe Cody Whitehair will fall out of 1st and 6 OTs make it in

6 OTs? Wow.

Obviously Tunsil and Stanley are 2--gotta figure he's including Conklin and Decker as 2 others.

J. Spriggs has to be one of the others--guessing he's got Ifedi as a tackle? I have him as a guard a la Kelechi Osemele.

Lawson may drop to the 20's due to the shoulder. I think Dodd ends up top-15

Hmmm

@lancezierlein

Hearing mixed reviews on Kevin Dodd, but S. Lawson isn't fairing as well. I believe Cody Whitehair will fall out of 1st and 6 OTs make it in

Mixed reviews huh?

Certainly not from the Alabama tape...Analysis paralysis is in full swing I'm guessing... <_<

Bills need a true nose tackle and an edge rusher. Is 19 too early for a NT?

Even if a great one were thereNT specific. They are usually considered a package player that comes off the field in passing downs.

But i have read that there are some early DTs very strong against the run and disruptive.

Best pick at 19 would be a highly versatile player who can rush pass play effectively, imho

6 OTs? Wow.

Obviously Tunsil and Stanley are 2--gotta figure he's including Conklin and Decker as 2 others.

J. Spriggs has to be one of the others--guessing he's got Ifedi as a tackle? I have him as a guard a la Kelechi Osemele.

hope they all get picked before the Bills turn. Could drive down just the player Bills might covet ?

6 OTs? Wow.

ah... Could be the shoulder. Would love him at 19 if they feel ok about the shoulder long-term. Edited by YoloinOhio