2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favourite Cardale piece I've read. It was written before the 2015 season about that 3 game stint on the way to a National title. I think it's pretty fair and I'm not necessarily pro or anti-Cardale. I think, to a large degree, he's the same player now as when the piece was written.

http://www.footballsavages.com/cardale-jones-and-accepting-the-role-of-an-offense-in-evaluatio

I feel bad he went back to ohio state, I thought he would have been a better quarterback at this point if he would have gotten professional coaching. Although I have to think Roman may like what he sees in him. It will be interesting to see where he goes after the teams get finished evaluating him, but our scouts and coaching staff may have him ranked higher than most.

I feel bad he went back to ohio state, I thought he would have been a better quarterback at this point if he would have gotten professional coaching. Although I have to think Roman may like what he sees in him. It will be interesting to see where he goes after the teams get finished evaluating him, but our scouts and coaching staff may have him ranked higher than most.

he had a brilliant QB coach/OC last year and then he left to take a HC job. That sucked and impacted his development, but he is not nearly as raw at reading defenses as some people assume because of the offense he played in. The film is so limited - but he has every physical trait you want and has displayed a good deal of the mental side to take a chance on developing him in the NFL. Edited by YoloinOhio

he had a brilliant QB coach/OC last year and then he left to take a HC job. That sucked and impacted his development, but he is not nearly as raw at reading defenses as some people assume because of the offense he played in. The film is so limited - but he has every physical trait you want and has displayed a good deal of the mental side to take a chance on developing him in the NFL.

My biggest issues with him are experience and accuracy. He can't really help half of that, either. If Wentz is a risk with a 23 game sample size, Cardale is twice the risk. Circumstances are understandable but they have to be treated universally.

I'm undecided on Cardale. I can see the pros and cons to his game. All said and done, he came out as a 6th rounder for me. I just think he's got a long way to go and I'd be reluctant to invest much into him. The piece I linked, I think Derrik was right about him. The overreaction to his 3 game stint was riduclous but some of it has now gone too far the other way. Wouldn't love it, wouldn't hate it.

I just think that, like most QB's in this class, he's a long term guy. The league isn't churning out starters enough with these picks to make me think he'll get the time he needs.

This is my favourite Cardale piece I've read. It was written before the 2015 season about that 3 game stint on the way to a National title. I think it's pretty fair and I'm not necessarily pro or anti-Cardale. I think, to a large degree, he's the same player now as when the piece was written.

http://www.footballsavages.com/cardale-jones-and-accepting-the-role-of-an-offense-in-evaluation/

fantastic read

My biggest issues with him are experience and accuracy. He can't really help half of that, either. If Wentz is a risk with a 23 game sample size, Cardale is twice the risk. Circumstances are understandable but they have to be treated universally.

I'm undecided on Cardale. I can see the pros and cons to his game. All said and done, he came out as a 6th rounder for me. I just think he's got a long way to go and I'd be reluctant to invest much into him. The piece I linked, I think Derrik was right about him. The overreaction to his 3 game stint was riduclous but some of it has now gone too far the other way. Wouldn't love it, wouldn't hate it.

I just think that, like most QB's in this class, he's a long term guy. The league isn't churning out starters enough with these picks to make me think he'll get the time he needs.

makes a lot of sense. I think Roman is the right OC for him with his scheme, and would love to take him late, but think someone will take him earlier. Edited by YoloinOhio

makes a lot of sense. I think Roman is the right OC for him with his scheme, and would love to take him late, but think someone will take him earlier.

You see the crap Joe B was getting for his tweet about Cardale? It's a shame that I had to unfollow Emory but he's so professionally black, it clouds his judgement.

You see the crap Joe B was getting for his tweet about Cardale? It's a shame that I had to unfollow Emory but he's so professionally black, it clouds his judgement.

i follow Emory Hunt but not Joe B. So I saw it anyway and wasn't sure if Hunt was just defending Cardale for whatever reason or really didn't think Joe b knew what he was talking about. I agree with you that people went too far last year on him after 3 games (he did the right thing coming back) and too far the other way this year. Edited by YoloinOhio

i follow Emory Hunt but not Joe B. So I saw it anyway and wasn't sure if Hunt was just defending Cardale for whatever reason or really didn't think Joe b knew what he was talking about.

Let's just say that if that tweet was about Paxton Lynch, Emory doesn't care.

No way I'm writing about Cardale, Brissett, Boykin etc. this year.

Let's just say that if that tweet was about Paxton Lynch, Emory doesn't care.

No way I'm writing about Cardale, Brissett, Boykin etc. this year.

I just saw it. It wasn't that bad. There has long been the stereotype that black Qbs aren't as smart as white Qbs. There are still people who knock Newton for it.

As for Jones, the best thing that could happen to him is to get picked in the 3rd or later by a good offensive coaching staff. I honestly believe that Tyrod Taylor was developed better than EJ Manuel. The high draft pick qb has way too much, unreasonable pressure. We should pick a qb in the 3rd round or later every 2 years.

I just saw it. It wasn't that bad. There has long been the stereotype that black Qbs aren't as smart as white Qbs. There are still people who knock Newton for it.

As for Jones, the best thing that could happen to him is to get picked in the 3rd or later by a good offensive coaching staff. I honestly believe that Tyrod Taylor was developed better than EJ Manuel. The high draft pick qb has way too much, unreasonable pressure. We should pick a qb in the 3rd round or later every 2 years.

The best way to counter it isn't to accuse everyone white of being racist. Wasn't so much the initial comment as much as the snarky tweets afterwards.

I agree on the circumstances for Cardale. He just needs time to develop without pressure and away from the spotlight. Tom Herman showed that you can cater to his skill set effectively and if there's a guy in the class that doesn't lack for confidence, it's Cardale. I'm willing to buy in on him as a competitor.

I predict that Bruce Arians will take him and develop him behind Carson Palmer...

That would be a perfect situation for him. They tried that with Logan Thomas too.

I honk people underestimate how much coaching staff and a veteran qb matters to young Qbs. Taylor didn't play in Baltimore but had Flacco, Kubiak, & Camreon. Slightly better than Hackett and Kolb. ;)

If there was a guy with our 1st round pick they believed in as a franchise guy, they should take him. I like Taylor but I'm not a giant fan of smaller guys who depend on their feet so much. Too much risk. But I don't love any qb in this draft and won't draft one before the 3rd.

I could see someone like Indy taking him too. They need a long term backup for Luck and Hasselbeast is 74 this year.

Although Grigson isn't smart enough to groom him and turn him into picks in 2-3 years time.

Grigson gonna take a WR again in the first since he already got that new contract. Luck SOL again without an OL.

Actually, I predict he will take Elliott and I would love that fit.

Edited by YoloinOhio

im going to say Arizona takes him in the 3rd.

Jones? I agree, he won't be making it to the 4th round. He has the highest ceiling out of any QB in this draft. He was a benefit of circumstance last year and a victim of it this year. If he gets drafted into a good situation (Arizona, Dallas, New Orleans) id bet on him becoming a top 10 quarterback in the next 3 years.

He would be a good fit here but I'm not sure how high they will be willing to draft a QB. If we took him in the 3rd I'd be pumped.