2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched the topic and could not find mention of this...I found it VERY interesting, and to say I've not been a Hack guy would clearly be an understatement...

But...If you want to hear the pro-Hack side argued in the most detailed and in-depth way...This is your video...I only wish Brett Kollmann did this with every prospect in the Draft...Very good stuff from a Scouting standpoint...I really enjoyed it, even though I'm still not 100% sold on Hackenberg...At least not that he's a 1st Round Pick...

Also...I did notice something about Hackenberg...And this has nothing to do with his actual play so don't blow me up about this statement...But...For whatever reason, his mannerisms on the field...The way he moves, even stands, and throws...Remind me of Peyton Manning...

Anyway...

I searched the topic and could not find mention of this...I found it VERY interesting, and to say I've not been a Hack guy would clearly be an understatement...

But...If you want to hear the pro-Hack side argued in the most detailed and in-depth way...This is your video...I only wish Brett Kollmann did this with every prospect in the Draft...Very good stuff from a Scouting standpoint...I really enjoyed it, even though I'm still not 100% sold on Hackenberg...At least not that he's a 1st Round Pick...

Also...I did notice something about Hackenberg...And this has nothing to do with his actual play so don't blow me up about this statement...But...For whatever reason, his mannerisms on the field...The way he moves, even stands, and throws...Remind me of Peyton Manning...

Anyway...

He has some skills, and I wouldn't be disappointed if the Bills selected him (but I prefer Cook).

@theMMQB

Burning question on draft day: Should your team take a QB? @RobertKlemko has 32 answers http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/27/nfl-draft-quarterback-32-teams-picks

ChIRLMiWwAAS66M.jpg

BILLS

​Current QBs: Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel

Priority level: 4-5

Doug Whaley has made no bones about his desire to add a QB to the roster, and he made the odd choice to call Stanford’s Kevin Hogan the most pro-ready QB in the draft. Taylor is Buffalo’s starter, but there’s no telling if he’s the long-term solution. Plus, Manuel’s contract is up after this season. The Bills need insurance.

Errrrrrm.......yikes?

@OptimumScouting 32m32 minutes ago

After threatening call from Connor Cook's mom (story for another day),I've eased take. But dislike from teammates/MSU ppl/agents/NFL is real

not at all surprised to hear this. He has developed quite a reputation for not being well-liked by his teammates and to just overlook that is naive. Sure, all these people could be lying. But why? We have a guy this week calling into radio shows here saying their nephew plays at MSU and Cook treats his teammates like garbage and doesn't command the room in meetings as he should as a 3yr starting QB . Reports that he acted aloof and like he loves the idea of being a QB but not the work that goes into it

I always liked his play (before this past year) but I don't know you can just brush aside all the negative stuff and say it's just not important or not real.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I watch a ton of Big10 football and if anyone takes Christian Hackenburg ahead of Jake Ruddock, they are foolish. Ruddock had a great season under Jim Harbaugh. Review his bowl game against Florida. He was outstanding against a bunch of future NFLers. He is great at reading defenses and making pre-snap adjustments. That is part of what makes Tom Brady so good. I would take him in the 4th. As to other Big10 QBs, Ruddock outplayed Cook head-to-head, and Cardale Jones has a ton of ability but not has not yet demonstrated the film room discipline to make use of his talent.

not at all surprised to hear this. He has developed quite a reputation for not being well-liked by his teammates and to just overlook that is naive. Sure, all these people could be lying. But why? We have a guy this week calling into radio shows here saying their nephew plays at MSU and Cook treats his teammates like garbage and doesn't command the room in meetings as he should as a 3yr starting QB . Reports that he acted aloof and like he loves the idea of being a QB but not the work that goes into it

I always liked his play (before this past year) but I don't know you can just brush aside all the negative stuff and say it's just not important or not real.

I believe there is something too that. It was alarming a 3yr starting QB wasn't voted one of the captains last year. That speaks volumes to what his teammates thought of him.

I call BS, his teammates always defended him. If they didn't like him they have no reason to keep defending him.