2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wishing to put too much store in Combine workouts... Lynch confirmed many of the worries I have about him. Don't like the release, don't like the sketchy footwork and overall just do not think I would spent a 1st round pick on him. Someone will... but I am pretty sure they won't have their answer at Quarterback.

Without wishing to put too much store in Combine workouts... Lynch confirmed many of the worries I have about him. Don't like the release, don't like the sketchy footwork and overall just do not think I would spent a 1st round pick on him. Someone will... but I am pretty sure they won't have their answer at Quarterback.

A team like Arizona could take him in the 1st to let him develop behind Carson Palmer w/o any immediate pressure to see the field.

Completely agree. I haven't liked him from the beginning. Thought he was a developmental guy who should be taken past the 3Rd round. It must have been his measurables that skyrocketed him up the board. Maybe that says something about the rest of the class...

A team like Arizona could take him in the 1st to let him develop behind Carson Palmer w/o any immediate pressure to see the field.

Yea - that would give him a better chance. If he goes to somewhere like the Rams and is called upon to play early it could be a total mess.

Outside of Wentz I wouldn't touch any of these QBs with a 10 foot pole. I cannot believe people on here want a developmental QB from this draft class. These guys would not be an upgrade over EJ and that's a fact. I'm not saying EJ has been good but god forbid Taylor goes down, you'd trust someone like Dak Prescott over EJ Manuel? Don't see much of a difference. Sign a veteran FA QB and move on.

Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, Luke McCown would be some FA QB's i'd take a look at.

Outside of Wentz I wouldn't touch any of these QBs with a 10 foot pole. I cannot believe people on here want a developmental QB from this draft class. These guys would not be an upgrade over EJ and that's a fact. I'm not saying EJ has been good but god forbid Taylor goes down, you'd trust someone like Dak Prescott over EJ Manuel? Don't see much of a difference. Sign a veteran FA QB and move on.

So, you don't want the Bills to continue developing QBs?

They only have one legitimate starter and a backup who loses games.

I generally agree with this point. I hope that they play into the draft's reported strength and load up on defensive talent in the first 3 rounds unless a starting caliber RT is available.

EJ Manuel has played very poorly at times, but at other times competently - sometimes even in the same game. After his meltdown against J'vlle, he did have them ahead in the final minutes - the D couldn't hold the lead. I am not saying that I think Manuel is going to miraculously become good, but I think he still has as much or more talent than the guys in this draft beyond Wentz and Goff. Spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB who is just as inexperienced and likely to make similar mistakes instead of spending it on a defender who could be a major contributor would be a mistake in my opinion.

I generally agree with this point. I hope that they play into the draft's reported strength and load up on defensive talent in the first 3 rounds unless a starting caliber RT is available.

EJ Manuel has played very poorly at times, but at other times competently - sometimes even in the same game. After his meltdown against J'vlle, he did have them ahead in the final minutes - the D couldn't hold the lead. I am not saying that I think Manuel is going to miraculously become good, but I think he still has as much or more talent than the guys in this draft beyond Wentz and Goff. Spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB who is just as inexperienced and likely to make similar mistakes instead of spending it on a defender who could be a major contributor would be a mistake in my opinion.

Why apply that logic to QB and not defender? That 2nd or 3rd round guy could be a Cyrus K. or Ron Brooks...

Finding a QB who fits your system and developing him into a legitimate starter would be much more beneficial to the team.

So, you don't want the Bills to continue developing QBs?

They only have one legitimate starter and a backup who loses games.

Developing QBs that have promise. Of course. Why wouldn't I? Not every QB is capable of being molded into a legitimate starting QB in this league. I mean so many people here think that every QB coming out of college is capable of developing into an NFL starting QB. Sorry to tell you but that's not the case. This is one of the worst QB classes to come out in recent memory in my opinion.

Developing QBs that have promise. Of course. Why wouldn't I? Not every QB is capable of being molded into a legitimate starting QB in this league. I mean so many people here think that every QB coming out of college is capable of developing into an NFL starting QB. Sorry to tell you but that's not the case. This is one of the worst QB classes to come out in recent memory in my opinion.

Sure. You can have that opinion.

You think this class is worse than EJ's class?

That's how I view it.

Sure. You can have that opinion.

You think this class is worse than EJ's class?

So you wanna fix our backup QB situation with another bad QB? Thank god you're not running the team.

For one I didn't want the Bills to draft a QB then either. I didn't want Geno and sure as hell didn't want EJ and I was right. That was also a horrible draft class and I'm still not buying into this Wentz/Luck comparison. If the Bills take another QB early in this draft it's another missed opportunity to put another starter on the field at another needed position. We're still extremely weak at LB, D-line and Safety and that needs to be addressed as well and we still need help on o-line and WR. Outside of Hughes Dareus, our front 4 went from being a strength to weakness and this is such a defensive heavy draft, we can fix all of our defensive issues in one draft. If the Bills wanna take a QB in the 7th round, go ahead but what's the point?

I'd rather stop with the Losmans, the Edwards, the Manuels and just get it right the next time. Being forced to draft a QB because a team has to is quite possibly the worst thing a team can do IMO. Yes it's the most important position on the team but it's also the most difficult to develop and evaluate. It's all luck, and pairing the right QB with the right HC in the right system. Develop the other positions first so the right QB you bring in already has all the right pieces around him. If you keep drafting the wrong guys, you end up in situations like the Dolphins and Bills for the last 15+ yrs where you bring in a different QB every 2-3 years and waste a career like an Eric Moulds. Build the line, fix the defense, and worry about a QB when the time is right. Draft the RIGHT guy at QB, not because you're forced to. I feel that so many teams get tunnel vision and feel the need to draft the next Peyton Manning that they forget that there are other ways of winning the 'ship.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

So you wanna fix our backup QB situation with another bad QB? Thank god you're not running the team.

For one I didn't want the Bills to draft a QB then either. I didn't want Geno and sure as hell didn't want EJ and I was right. That was also a horrible draft class and I'm still not buying into this Wentz/Luck comparison. If the Bills take another QB early in this draft it's another missed opportunity to put another starter on the field at another needed position. We're still extremely weak at LB, D-line and Safety and that needs to be addressed as well. Outside of Hughes Dareus, our front 4 went from being a strength to weakness and this is such a defensive heavy draft, we can fix all of our defensive issues in one draft. If the Bills wanna take a QB in the 7th round, go ahead but what's the point?

I'd rather stop with the Losmans, the Edwards, the Manuels and just get it right the next time. Being forced to draft a QB because a team has to is quite possibly the worst thing a team can do IMO. Yes it's the most important position on the team but it's also the most difficult to develop and evaluate. It's all luck, and pairing the right QB with the right HC in the right system. Develop the other positions first so the right QB you bring in already has all the right pieces around him. If you keep drafting the wrong guys, you end up in situations like the Dolphins and Bills for the last 15+ yrs where you bring in a different QB every 2-3 years and waste a career like an Eric Moulds. Build the line, fix the defense, and worry about a QB when the time is right. Draft the RIGHT guy at QB, not because you're forced to.

You're right, but the Bills aren't being forced to. This is the perfect time to develop a talented prospect they like...because they don't need to force it.

Why apply that logic to QB and not defender? That 2nd or 3rd round guy could be a Cyrus K. or Ron Brooks...

Finding a QB who fits your system and developing him into a legitimate starter would be much more beneficial to the team.

Did you not read my post out of ignorance?

Like I said. This is one of the deepest defensive classes and defensive heavy draft. Do you need me to emphasize that more?

Great defensive draft class. Weak QB class...Great defensive class. Weak QB class. Do the math.

If this was a strong QB class, let's pick one up in the 1st! We should be playing to the draft's strengths. Not forcing the situation.

You're right, but the Bills aren't being forced to. This is the perfect time to develop a talented prospect they like...because they don't need to force it.

I am right so why not get better at the other positions. Again. Tunnel vision. So you just wanna draft a QB every year and just hope he develops into a good QB? Dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Did you not read my post out of ignorance?

Like I said. This is one of the deepest defensive classes and defensive heavy draft. Do you need me to emphasize that more?

Great defensive draft class. Weak QB class...Great defensive class. Weak QB class. Do the math.

If this was a strong QB class, let's pick one up in the 1st! We should be playing to the draft's strengths. Not forcing the situation.

I am right so why not get better at the other positions. Again. Tunnel vision. So you just wanna draft a QB every year and just hope he develops into a good QB? Dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Drafting defense in the 1st is fine. I thought we were talking about taking a developmental guy?

The Bills haven't drafted a QB in 3 years.

You're a hard person to talk to. Just building straw men and getting easily offended.

Drafting defense in the 1st is fine. I thought we were talking about taking a developmental guy?

The Bills haven't drafted a QB in 3 years.

You're a hard person to talk to. Just building straw men and getting easily offended.

YOU'RE talking about taking a developmental guy that doesn't exist. We can probably find better defensive talent in the 4th and 5th round than we can find a QBin the late first of this year's draft. Safety, LB, DT, DE, WR, K, OT, OG are all positions I would take before I even think about taking a developmental QB in this year's draft. I'd rather take a kicker like Roberto Aguayo in the 4th than waste one on a QB this year.