Right Wing Militants Seize Federal Building!

Oregon Standoff Reveals There Is No Adult Supervision of Federal Agencies in the West
Over the past two decades . . . government officials, and perhaps [others], entered into a literal, intentional conspiracy to deprive [the family members] not only of their [grazing] permits but also of their vested water rights. This behavior shocks the conscience.” These are not the words of the embattled Hammond family in Harney County, Ore., nor their noisy defenders who made headlines with their illegal occupation of a few buildings at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge — actions the Hammonds do not support — nor even conservatives who see another Sagebrush Rebellion spreading across the American West.
Instead, they are the thoughtful words of Nevada chief federal district-court judge Robert C. Jones in a painstakingly thorough 104-page decision in May 2013 following a 21-day trial held in 2012 in Reno. Judge Jones ruled in a lawsuit filed pro se by Wayne N. Hage, defending the estate of E. Wayne Hage, his father, against two huge federal land-management agencies — the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the U.S. Forest Service — and their employees, all represented by scores of lawyers from the Department of Justice, the Department of the Interior, and the Department of Agriculture. (The federal lawyers’ appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit was argued last month.) As National Review’s David French has chronicled, the Hammond travails over the decades mirror the fearful path trod by the late Wayne Hage and his family, except for the substitution in the Hammonds’ case of yet another federal land-management agency, the Fish and Wildlife Service, which runs the national wildlife refuge surrounding their ranch.
Unfortunately, federal agencies’ abuse of the citizenry is not uncommon

{snip}
That federal lawyers have “run amok,” much like the bureaucrats they defend, is evident, not just from my experience, but also from the fact that the Hammonds were charged, not with trespassing on 140 acres of federal property with the backfire they started to protect their land, but with terrorism! The Oregon district-court judge trying the case saw the outrage and the injustice but was reversed by a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit.
Meanwhile, where were senior officials at the U.S. Department of Justice and where were their overseers in Congress, which had ample opportunity to question the legal proceedings in Oregon during the confirmation of Attorney General Loretta Lynch? Silent as always!
No wonder fury builds at the injustice being done in the West

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry gator the IRS Gestapo will be sharpening their proverbial pencils right now.

Edit-

How would you compare these guys to say, occupy wall street or black lives matters?

There is a very significant difference between them.

Actually, I agree with your sentiment.

But I will say, these guys probably file 1040EZ forms.. not much to audit there.

The longer Bundy and his crew refuse to leave the more likely I see this ending badly.

If Obama orders the feds to crush these guys (which they likely would do with far superior firepower) I could see many Americans being appalled with the government's use of force against these guys.

Again to clarify my position, I agree with their protest message and grievances but at this point I do not agree with them staging a glorified sit in on federal property.

I think it will either end with them being slaughtered or eventually the feds will block access to them from supporters and just starve them into surrender. Either way I don't think the bundys are going to win the PR battle and the media will demonize them.

In a war no one remembers the martyrs when they lose. Winners write the history.

The longer Bundy and his crew refuse to leave the more likely I see this ending badly.

If Obama orders the feds to crush these guys (which they likely would do with far superior firepower) I could see many Americans being appalled with the government's use of force against these guys.

Meanwhile folks like gator and other statists will applaud the slaughter of upity proles who dare to challenge the central authority

Again to clarify my position, I agree with their protest message and grievances but at this point I do not agree with them staging a glorified sit in on federal property.

I think it will either end with them being slaughtered or eventually the feds will block access to them from supporters and just starve them into surrender. Either way I don't think the bundys are going to win the PR battle and the media will demonize them.

In a war no one remembers the martyrs when they lose. Winners write the history.

Nothing's going to happen. These bozos are guilty of trespassing, nothing more.

Unless some over-officious government (*^*&%^$^#decides that they should be charged with illegal possession oF weapons in a government building, in which case **** will get real stupid.

Nothing's going to happen. These bozos are guilty of trespassing, nothing more.

Unless some over-officious government (*^*&%^$^#decides that they should be charged with illegal possession oF weapons in a government building, in which case **** will get real stupid.

Is the building even used for anything anymore? The whole presentation of this story is out of whack - "federal building" conjures images of large, multi-level structure like the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, and is being presented as if this is a takeover of anything but an empty cabin. For the record, I think taking anything over (or 'occupying' if you prefer) in the name of protest is wrong, but if I was a member of the current administration, I'd just let them stay there and encourage the news media to keep covering the occupation. It would show how pointless their occupation is, making them look pretty stupid to the public at large and not endangering anyone in the process. The last thing I'd do is create a bunch of anti-government martyrs by making a Waco or a Ruby Ridge out of this.

Is the building even used for anything anymore? The whole presentation of this story is out of whack - "federal building" conjures images of large, multi-level structure like the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, and is being presented as if this is a takeover of anything but an empty cabin. For the record, I think taking anything over (or 'occupying' if you prefer) in the name of protest is wrong, but if I was a member of the current administration, I'd just let them stay there and encourage the news media to keep covering the occupation. It would show how pointless their occupation is, making them look pretty stupid to the public at large and not endangering anyone in the process. The last thing I'd do is create a bunch of anti-government martyrs by making a Waco or a Ruby Ridge out of this.

It's widely reported that it's "closed," but I don't know if that's permanently, or seasonally. I've been assuming that it's a typical seasonal closing.

And really, the smart thing is to just ignore them (just send a park ranger over once a day to say hello and see if there's anything they need.) But given that 1) they are violating federal law by bringing guns on to a federal facility, and 2) the current level of stupidity surrounding gun legislation and regulation in the country, it's not outside the realm of possibility that some raging pinhead somewhere in government would be stupid enough to try to make a gun control example out of this.

Where's the outrage over the calling for their deaths?

http://conservativetribune.com/dems-horrified-oregon-standoff/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=TheNewResistance&utm_content=2016-01-10&utm_campaign=manualpost

The way one member of the liberal mainstream media establishment chose to respond to the crisis in Burns, Oregon, where armed militia members commandeered the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in support of rancher Dwight Hammond and his son, Steven, spoke volumes about not just the media’s bias, but its hypocrisy as well.

Jonathan Chait, a liberal blowhard at New York magazine, would like to see the militiamen involved in the Oregon standoff gunned down like animals

On Sunday, reporter Ian Kullgren revealed on Twitter that he had talked to lead militiaman Ryan Bundy and that Bundy had told him “they’re willing to kill and be killed if necessary.”

“Do we get to vote on this?” Chait tweeted back in reply. “Because I’m voting for #2.”

Ammon Bundy's mother has asked supporters to send supplies to the grown men and women who took over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. The list has some 80 items and includes,according to the Associated Press, slippers (small, medium and large), hay, money, tampons, pads, eggs—"needed badly"—and French vanilla creamer.

No need to go without the necessities when "standing up for the Constitution."

The spectacle erupted just after occupiers arrived for a morning news briefing with a wicker basket full of surveillance cameras they removed Friday from a transformer station outside Burns. LaVoy Finicum, a spokeman for the occupiers, claimed the cameras had been installed by the FBI.

"This in my opinion is unreasonable search," said Finicum, referencing the Fourth Amendment as he invited the agency to "come pick them up."

Oh there rights to trespass are being trampled all over

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_occupiers_remo.html

Their

Guys poach and then use arson to cover it up....sorry, jail time. Nutjobs take over government building because they want to take federal land away from the rest of the American citizenry...sorry, jail time. Still trying to figure out why they have not blockaded the roads and shut down water and power, I guess when they're tired of eating gummy dicks they'll come out.

Guys poach and then use arson to cover it up....sorry, jail time. Nutjobs take over government building because they want to take federal land away from the rest of the American citizenry...sorry, jail time. Still trying to figure out why they have not blockaded the roads and shut down water and power, I guess when they're tired of eating gummy dicks they'll come out.

blzrul..............you may want to consider changing your screen name to "Bliss"

EmilysQuotes.Com-African-Proverb-ignoran

blzrul..............you may want to consider changing your screen name to "Bliss"

Thank you for your kind, well-thought-out and constructive contribution to the discussion. You demonstrate your superior brainpower by, instead of offering a counterpoint, posting something you deem to be a comeuppance. Pathetic little creature. If you wanted gummy dicks, just ask. You don't need to act out to get attention. But since you are, you have to stay at the children's table while adults discuss things.