The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

I think I'll just wait a couple week before saying my favorites. I do like BO but not for the next Idol. He has stage abilities that the others do not. The music teacher has a great voice but that song last night sucked.

I only like two of the girls and 3 of the men.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict...........

the bottom 3 tonight will be all girls. :w00t:

276946[/snapback]

You da man!

It was time for Lindsay to go....she was absolutely awful last night. I would have been heartbroken if Jessica had gotten the boot.....she's my new girlfriend :w00t:

You da man!

It was time for Lindsay to go....she was absolutely awful last night. I would have been heartbroken if Jessica had gotten the boot.....she's my new girlfriend  :w00t:

277484[/snapback]

I can't tell a lie... I saw a spoiler earlier today, just guessed the wrong one. :w00t:

I can't tell a lie... I saw a spoiler earlier today, just guessed the wrong one. :w00t:

277495[/snapback]

lol, I appreciate your honesty, but you've been okay in my book ever since our Bledsoe crusade :w00t:

You still da man!

Good call, to bad though, she was very easy on the eyes.  :w00t:

277492[/snapback]

I don't know what's wrong with me but she just doesn't light my fire anymore......on the other hand, Jessica gets hotter every week! :w00t:

I don't know what's wrong with me but she just doesn't light my fire anymore......on the other hand, Jessica gets hotter every week!  :w00t:

277505[/snapback]

I think Jessica needs to lay off the Krispy Kremes.

I think Jessica needs to lay off the Krispy Kremes.

277512[/snapback]

As long as those Krispy Kremes keep goin to her chest, it's cool with me bro! :w00t:

I guess Bo's not overrated considering what show he's on, cause I agree he's got more stage presence than almost all the other contestants. I just don't think he's much better than most front men for bands that play in bars across America. His style is just unique to the show.

276329[/snapback]

No way man. I am a player and have seen just about every major group in the last 25 years, and Bo has more command of his voice and a stage presence that rivals or surpasses the pros. I garauntee you that, if you buy CDs on a regular basis, that Bo can out-sing half of them. The guy is for real.

My standings as of now:

1.Anwar. Had an off night but still the favorite to win it all.

2.Nadia. Very strong performance.

3.Bo. Has been outstanding week after week.

4.Carrie. Another strong performance, staying consistent.

5.Scott. He deserves to go far in this competition.

6.Constantine. Solid performer, took a chance, and it paid off.

7.Anthony. Took a step back, but will still be a strong competitor.

8.Vonzell. Up and down performer, showed very well last night.

9.Mikalah. Sang a song best suited for her, but can she keep it going?

10.Jessica. Slowly getting better, but the competition is too strong.

11.Nikko. Came back and was not that good. Pick better songs.

Did Ozzie Smith pay off Mario to leave?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150702,00.html

The part that I found most curious was this:

"Unbeknownst to anyone, Mario is featured on an album that was originally released last May and had a re-release this week, according to Amazon.com. He sings several pop songs as the only guest vocalist on "Worlds of Change," by an Argentine flamenco and R&B guitarist named Cesar.....My guess is some enterprising record exec will pick up the whole thing from Los Angeles-based Darque Records and release it under Mario's name."

This is just pure speculation on my part, but if this album was recorded and then subsequently put on hold, maybe someone had the brilliant idea of having Mario do exactly what he's done, thus creating a market for what would otherwise be an unnoticed release. This way they can also take advantage of the timing of all this controversy instead of having to start from scratch and possibly missing the window of opportunity. Pretty smart, if that's the case.

Of course, I still wouldn't buy the album anyway, but a lot of other folks probably would.

"Unbeknownst to anyone, Mario is featured on an album that was originally released last May and had a re-release this week, according to Amazon.com. He sings several pop songs as the only guest vocalist on "Worlds of Change," by an Argentine flamenco and R&B guitarist named Cesar.....My guess is some enterprising record exec will pick up the whole thing from Los Angeles-based Darque Records and release it under Mario's name."

This is just pure speculation on my part, but if this album was recorded and then subsequently put on hold, maybe someone had the brilliant idea of having Mario do exactly what he's done, thus creating a market for what would otherwise be an unnoticed release. This way they can also take advantage of the timing of all this controversy instead of having to start from scratch and possibly missing the window of opportunity. Pretty smart, if that's the case.

Of course, I still wouldn't buy the album anyway, but a lot of other folks probably would.

278195[/snapback]

This album is why stealing certain music should be legal.

278195[/snapback]

I am no expert on the AI rules, but wouldn't this be a violation of the rules which could have disqualified him?

I am no expert on the AI rules, but wouldn't this be a violation of the rules which could have disqualified him?

278233[/snapback]

The article touched upon that somewhat.....it said that the AI rule is that you cannot have a 'current' recording deal. It was kind of vague, though.

I am no AI watcher, but i believe he actually quit the show this week, probably to beat the DQ, or as ajzepp speculates to hype the cd

278233[/snapback]

I am no AI watcher, but i believe he actually quit the show this week, probably to beat the DQ, or as ajzepp speculates to hype the cd

278237[/snapback]

My guess is that he was trying to beat the DQ.

278237[/snapback]

You know, if this entire thing was premeditated, it's pretty brilliant. Based on the fact that the kid has already been on Letterman and there is all this attention surrounding him, you'd have to say that if it in fact was the plan, then it's coming together better thanthey could have expected. I definitely give them an 'A' for effort, though clearly a disingenuous one at that.

I'm a transplanted Rochesterian who now resides in Fort Myers, Fl. The same town that Baby V comes from and I gotta tell ya, that's the real Baby V right there. Man, that girl can bring it! And on top of her obvious talent, that girl is the sweetest thing, always so happy and pleasant, just a joy to be around. I hope she wins the whole thing.

I'm a transplanted Rochesterian who now resides in Fort Myers, Fl. The same town that Baby V comes from and I gotta tell ya, that's the real Baby V right there. Man, that girl can bring it! And on top of her obvious talent, that girl is the sweetest thing, always so happy and pleasant, just a joy to be around. I hope she wins the whole thing.

283959[/snapback]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT?

What will she win? :lol:

Anthony....C- (he's fading quickly)

Vonzell...B (Stepped it up, I thought.....looked hot)

Anwar...B- (Disappointing start, but finished up well)

Mikala...D- ( :lol: )

Nadia...C- (Very disappointing.....bad song choice)

Jessica...B (you just can't rush that song)

Bo...B (So-so job, but the guy is still among the best in the competition)

Niko...A- (Nailed it.....)

Scott...B+ (I thought he did well.....he'll be top 6)

Constantine...C+ (eh.....)

Carrie...A+ (I loved that song growing up, and she nailed it...looked DAMN hot)