The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am rooting for Scott!

He is a rather "brooding" type of chracter, but I like the fact after he said his father had no confindence in him, he was his own man.  Then on his initial audition, he just blew me away.

243178[/snapback]

That's the guy I like too--especially since he's from Cleveland and I'm living in northern Ohio now. I'm just worried he won't get the votes from the millions of 13-year old girls who vote for the cutest boy.

I also will be pulling for Ozzie Smith's son (who looks exactly like his dad).

These aren't good pictures, but I think this girl is SMOKIN hot...

too bad she's 17... but hey, I live in the south now - it's ok.

it's only OK in the south if she's 17 AND she's your sister.

It is one thing to watch the show because your wife or significant other does. But to start a thread on it and actually have a link set up to the offical website....

243187[/snapback]

we Bills fans freely come out of the closet when it comes to American Idol!!! :)

Carrie Underwood....And she's 21.....I don't have to feel bad about certain thoughts.

243268[/snapback]

:) She is the girl i hope goes all the way.....well...i mean....yeah...it would be cool if she went all the way...but i mean on the show.

It should be pretty funny when the two rockers have to perform on "disco night". :doh:

243514[/snapback]

i want to see the look on their face when some fruit cake like that freak from Earth Wind and Fire is a guest judge, and he says something like, "I was really feeling you on that song".

Those rooting for Mikalah, she's got a great singing voice, and a talking voice like Fran Drescher. :lol:

But yeah.. she's hot! :doh:

I'm going for Anwar! A teacher, great dreds (reminds me of the good ricky!), and a great voice.

I can't believe I'm responding to this, but...

OK, the kid I'm rooting for is from my neighborhood -- Travis Tucker. I don't know him personally but I once saw him sing a duet with his father (who he mentions is his idol) and let me say, it was one of the most moving events I've ever witnessed. This young man can flat out sing. When he was in High School he was quite an all around kid, and I'm sure he still is.

Ok, that just shows plain old fashioned ignorance. Make fun of it if you want, but you can't debate that its one of the higest watched shows on TV. moron.

243534[/snapback]

Your calling me a moron because I don't watch American Idol???? :doh:

Also, there is such a thing as sarcasm, especially on this message board. Maybe after you have been here longer you may grasp that.....

Your calling me a moron because I don't watch American Idol???? :lol:

Also, there is such a thing as sarcasm, especially on this message board. Maybe after you have been here longer you may grasp that.....

243633[/snapback]

No no, I grasp sarcasm, but it would have been funny if it had been directed to something old and busted like ER, or something new, novel, and busted, like Joey. Hmm, me bethinks there's an NBC curse afloat.

I called you a moron, cause it's America, and I can call you a moron. Moron. :doh:

Anyone watch last night?

I thought the first chick that got cut.....was going to rip off a good line of profanity in her final "good bye" song.  She was peeeeeeee-o'd!

251638[/snapback]

That results show was awful--the format was so horrid, as they just played with the contestants' emotions. I like American Idol, but that is the last results show I will ever watch. That girl who got cut was right--the show pre-ordains its favorites and those who are not among them have no chance.

That results show was awful--the format was so horrid, as they just played with the contestants' emotions. I like American Idol, but that is the last results show I will ever watch. That girl who got cut was right--the show pre-ordains its favorites and those who are not among them have no chance.

251672[/snapback]

I honestly didn't think any of the four who were cut last night would have a legit shot at winning anyway. The whole group is pretty talented, but there are four or five who are in another class.

I agree with you about the format, though. It was pretty stupid to have six of them line up behind what's his name, and then have all six of them sit back down while suprise-fu*king the unsuspecting guy in front. I understand they want to build suspense, but I don't think we need to do things to invite an irate postal worker mentality in the contestants.

Billy has always been my favorite Idol.  Of course, since he's the only one I've ever seen/heard of, he's also my least favorite.

251680[/snapback]

Enough of your obscure farm references, AD

Your calling me a moron because I don't watch American Idol???? ;)

243633[/snapback]

I'd say you're probably being called a moron because you have proven yourself to be an internet cliche with your original posting. No matter what show is being discussed on a message board invariably someone will post something like your original post or something like "I can't believe people still watch this crap" or "This show sucks, I can't believe you'd waste your time." The point is you have your opinion and you're welcome to it, but why would you bother to post in a thread about a show that you dislike so much just to tell people that enjoy the show that you don't? I would say you're being an attention whore more than a moron, but who am I to quibble? BTW, I don't like American Idol either, but don't feel the need to rain on everyone else's parade about it.

I'd say you're probably being called a moron because you have proven yourself to be an internet cliche with your original posting.  No matter what show is being discussed on a message board invariably someone will post something like your original post or something like "I can't believe people still watch this crap" or "This show sucks, I can't believe you'd waste your time."  The point is you have your opinion and you're welcome to it, but why would you bother to post in a thread about a show that you dislike so much just to tell people that enjoy the show that you don't?  I would say you're being an attention whore more than a moron, but who am I to quibble?  BTW, I don't like American Idol either, but don't feel the need to rain on everyone else's parade about it.

251689[/snapback]

Being called a 'moron' by a troll doesn't really count, though.

Hey, Fong......where were you when there were like three of us trying to fend off the fury coming from the rest of the TBDers about soccer??

I'd say you're probably being called a moron because you have proven yourself to be an internet cliche with your original posting.  No matter what show is being discussed on a message board invariably someone will post something like your original post or something like "I can't believe people still watch this crap" or "This show sucks, I can't believe you'd waste your time."  The point is you have your opinion and you're welcome to it, but why would you bother to post in a thread about a show that you dislike so much just to tell people that enjoy the show that you don't?  I would say you're being an attention whore more than a moron, but who am I to quibble?  BTW, I don't like American Idol either, but don't feel the need to rain on everyone else's parade about it.

251689[/snapback]

C'mon Fong, how many times have you seen me go out of my way to post something like this??? Jez, try to be sarcastic and you get slammed. And how many LAMP do you see me post??? Thought so....

Hey, Fong......where were you when there were like three of us trying to fend off the fury coming from the rest of the TBDers about soccer??

251694[/snapback]

Fair enough, call me a Troll, you'll be the attention whore. Now everybody's happy. Oh, and if you hate the show so much, why are you still in this forum?

251694[/snapback]

Yeah, a freaking DOLPHINS troll at that.... ;);)

251694[/snapback]

I've been busy as hell lately. In addition to running the drafting department of a land surveying company we're trying to start up a construction company. I have passed my Class A contractors license exam, we've started on four houses, and we're about to do another 20. We also are in talks with a guy in NYC to build a hell of a lot more. The biggest challenge I've faced is getting the software set up to keep all this straight. I've had a lull this month so I've posted more than I have been. During the season I hardly got a chance at all. So I'm sure that was way more information than you wanted to know.

C'mon Fong, how many times have you seen me go out of my way to post something like this??? Jez, try to be sarcastic and you get slammed. And how many LAMP do you see me post???  Thought so....

251702[/snapback]

Yeah I know. You just struck a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

Fair enough, call me a Troll, you'll be the attention whore. Now everybody's happy. Oh, and if you hate the show so much, why are you still in this forum?

251703[/snapback]

You are a troll. You try to come off like you are such a classy kinda troll, yet you go around calling long time posters here morons ignorant, or whatever else. Or you go for the high road and refer to someone as having a sixth grade education. (By the way, I'd put my academic resume up against yours any day, bro.) You're nothing but an antagonistic hypocrite.

And who said I hated American Idol?

PS. Just so you know.....there is a difference between a typo and just plain bad grammar.

You are a troll. You try to come off like you are such a classy kinda troll, yet you go around calling long time posters here morons, or ignorant, or whatever. Or you go for the high road and refer to someone as having a sixth grade education. (By the way, I'd put my academic resume up against yours any day, bro.) You're nothing but an antagonistic hypocrite.

And who said I hated American Idol?

251718[/snapback]

Ward Churchill probably has an impressive academic resume - but putting frosting on a piece of crap doesn't make it cake. That's not a dig at you, but one at the idea that a piece of paper somehow makes a man intelligent or worthy of lauding.

I've been busy as hell lately.  In addition to running the drafting department of a land surveying company we're trying to start up a construction company.  I have passed my Class A contractors license exam, we've started on four houses, and we're about to do another 20.  We also are in talks with a guy in NYC to build a hell of a lot more.  The biggest challenge I've faced is getting the software set up to keep all this straight.  I've had a lull this month so I've posted more than I have been.  During the season I hardly got a chance at all.  So I'm sure that was way more information than you wanted to know.

251712[/snapback]

OKay, well I'll let ya slide THIS time.......but next time the few of us who actually appreciate soccer get overrun with criticism, I hope you'll put in your $.02 lol

By the way, congrats on the career success!

Ward Churchill probably has an impressive academic resume - but putting frosting on a piece of crap doesn't make it cake.  That's not a dig at you, but one at the idea that a piece of paper somehow makes a man intelligent or worthy of lauding.

251722[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more........Actually the main reason I defended myself in that manner was because of a psychological theory that implies our tendency to offensively criticize in others what we lack in ourselves. Chances are, either myself or Pahonix has the equivalent of a sixth grade education.