Rex and Pettine back together?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seemed to do well with the zBills personnel and has worked under Ryan so....why not??? Something needs to be done.

Do you realize that this is Ryan's defense and he is the coordinator? Thurman is just an assistant like the LB coach. DL coach, DB coach......

One last time...

This won't happen. Rex runs the defense - he's the DC, despite what the coaching staff titles say. Thurman is just a place-holder.

Pettine left the Jets because he didn't want to be under Rex's system anymore. He won't come back to that.

Can we close this and every other "Hire Pettine" thread now?

One last time...

This won't happen. Rex runs the defense - he's the DC, despite what the coaching staff titles say. Thurman is just a place-holder.

Pettine left the Jets because he didn't want to be under Rex's system anymore. He won't come back to that.

Nice try but some just don't get it

One last time...

With all of these HC openings, I guarantee you that Pettine will get a job as a DC where he can install and run his own defense w/o being in the shadow of Rex.

One last time...

The whole point of him leaving the Jets was to get out from Rex's shadow and prove he could be successful on his own. There is absolutely no way he comes back to go back under Rex's shadow - it is exactly the opposite of what his professional and personal goals were. People who suggest him coming back simply don't understand the circumstances that led him to leaving Rex in the first place.

Edited by stevewin

I think it is high time for a banned word list. If your thread starter contains any of the banned words, the thread does not get started.

I'll start:

"Pettine"

"Pepper"

"Schwartz"

"Marrone"

I think it is high time for a banned word list. If your thread starter contains any of the banned words, the thread does not get started.

I'll start:

"Pettine"

"Pepper"

"Schwartz"

"Marrone"

It may be High Time for you, but the rest of us are back at work. These are all former/current/future Coaches in the League who all will likely be employed very soon. There will be threads about them and their teams.

It may be High Time for you, but the rest of us are back at work. These are all former/current/future Coaches in the League who all will likely be employed very soon. There will be threads about them and their teams.

No excrement, really? Golly did not think of that. {Insert eye roll}

It's more likely he comes back then Schwartz or Peppers. I doubt he gets a HC gig and there's no guarAntee he gets a DC gig too. I could see him agreeing to come back to work with Rex IF it's his best offer as it could allow him to show his stuff again as a DC to get consideration for another HC gig, he won't get one without going back to being a DC.

I would put my money on Thurman staying, if on the small chance Rex let's him go, I would put my money on Rob coming in as the next DC first

Everyone assumes Thurman is just a figurehead and Rex calls the D, but has this ever actually been confirmed? I know it's Rex's scheme, but Thurman must at least be running the day to day management and possible that he calls the shots on game day. I think people underestimate the DC role, even with a coach who has a heavy emphasis on that side of the call. It would not surprise me at all to learn that Rex has delegated this to Thurman. In that case, getting Pettine back could make a huge difference.