If Chad Kelly declares, should Bills try and take him?

Big Turk

Not saying I am unhappy with Taylor because I think he has done some really nice things, but I don't know if he can ever truly become the type of QB we need...maybe he can and maybe he can't--the jury is still out. My main concern with him is that he has looked absolutely dreadful in end of game situations where we have a chance to win/tie the game. I'm not expecting him to lead a comeback every time, but I mean a few first downs would be nice every now and then...

How ironic would it be if Chad Kelly declared for the draft and is picked by the Bills, and he ends up leading them back to the playoffs for the first time in however many years? Doubtfully next year as I think Tyrod deservedly enters the season as the unquestioned starter, but I think its hard to commit big money to Taylor if his performance doesn't warrant it.

Just wanted some others thoughts on if Kelly declared for the draft if the Bills should take him if he is there, or make a move up the board a few spots if necessary?

I think it would be a good get with what he has done so far in college but i hope he stays so he can get more experience & comes out the following year then we should grab him !!

Of course every one here would think it was the second coming & the kid would be so scrutinized at every turn the pressure would be unreal because Bills fans are on again off again as far as liking a player more than most any team in the league.

If you want proof just write a post about Flutie one of the best QB's in a Bills uni that we have ever had & the last QB to take us to the play offs & there are more Bills fans that though he sucked & that says a lot about Bills fans in general !! :doh:

Sure, he's shown he's "good enough" to at least take a mid-late round shot at.

Agreed that the pressure and the fans would be crazy, but that could be easily tempered by the FO and coaches addressing it head on and reiterating that he's a project, "nobody is expecting him to fill Jim's shoes", etc. And bonus that Tyrod will be our QB next year, and hopefully the next few years beyond that (meaning he plays well enough next year to earn a contract).

Cardale... Hogan... Kelly... Take SOMEBODY... Whatever's left of TT after Sunday's game won't be enough to win 11 or 12 games next season... We need a deliveryman and a big receiver... Of course, a legit OC would be nice, but without those two big pieces, we'll be in the same predicament next year...And the year after.. And the year after that..

• 2 weeks later...

Chad announced today he is returning to ole miss for 2016 season

Smart decision, although I understand the temptation, especially in such a weak QB draft. I'm guessing he was informed that he wasn't projected to go in the first two rounds. If he stays on the same trajectory and can smooth out some of his mechanical issues, I think he stands a good chance of getting into the first round next year.

GO BILLS!!!