Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

Didn't you know? Everything is Russ Brandon's fault.

Out of curiosity, care to point out one positive thing that has happened to the Bills on the field since Russ Brandons career began with the Bills? And please don't give me the old company line that he's a great marketer. He's selling tickets and merchandise to the most popular and profitable sports league in the world. It is not difficult to sell tickets and merchandise in that type of business environment......and even if you thought it was, the Bills led the league in blackouts due to non sellouts, so apparently he's not even great at 'moving inventory" as Russ would say.

I love how this guy gets a pass after each and every failed Bills season. Let me remind you this is the man that was acting GM when we drafted Aaron Maybin. This is the man that hired Marv Levy to come in as GM. The man that led the search to bring in Buddy Nix which led us to the drafting of EJ Manuel. The man who pushed to sign TO to help sell tickets. The man that led the charge in leaving no stone unturned and coming back with Doug Marrone as HC. The man who oversaw the contract negotiations with Marrone that allowed him to have an opt out clause after 2 years with no offsets, coating Pegula $4 million. The man that led the charge in the hiring of Rex Ryan and warned Pegula not to let Rex out of the building. And also the man that oversaw the negotiations that gave Rex a 5 year $27.5 million deal, forcing Rex as the leader of this franchise for at least 1 more year despite his obvious inadequacies as a HC in today's NFL.

So once again I ask all of the Russ Brandon apologists to give me one example of a Bills success on the field under his leadership? The guys a total incompetent and he proves it year after year......and 2016 will be no different. The sooner the Pegula's realize Russ should not be leaned on for any type of advice the better off this franchise will be.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, care to point out one positive thingredients that has happened to the Bills on the field since Russ Brandons career began with the Bills? And please don't give me the old company line that he's a great marketer. He's selling tickets and merchandise to the most popular and profitable sports league in the world. It is not difficult to sell tickets and merchandise in that type of business environment......and even if you thought it was, the bills led the league in blackouts due to non sellouts, so apparently he's not even great at 'moving inventory" as Russ would say.

I love how this guy gets a pass after each and every failed Bills season. Let me remind you this is the man that was acting GM when we drafted Aaron Maybin. This is the man that hired Marv Levy to come in as GM. The man that led the search to bring in Buddy Nixon which led us to the drafting of EJ Manuel. The man who pushed to sign TO to help sell tickets. The man that led the charge in leaving no stone unturned and coming back with Douglas Marron as HC. The man who overstaw the contact negotiations with Marrone that allowed him to have an opt out clause after 2 years with no offsets. The man that led the charge in the hiring of Rex Ryan and warned Pegula not to let Rex out of the building. And also the man that oversaw the negotiations that gave Rex a 5 year $27.5 million deal, forcing Rex as the leader of this franchise for at least 1 more year despite his obvious inadequacies as a HC in today's NFL.

So once again I ask all of the Russ Brandon apologists to give me one example of a Bills success under his leadership? The guys a total incompetent add he proves it year after year......and 2016 will be no dofferent. The sooner the Pegula's realize Russ should not be leaned on for any type of advice the better off this franchise will be.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Absolute lack of accountability. I truly thought when the Pegula's came in, retaining Russ Brandon was out of the question. Now that he has leached even more out of them and is President of the Sabres, I am almost impressed by his schmoozing ability. A world class networker, if you will. I'm not even sure how you could competently be the President of both teams. Figure head positions like that are usually reserved for incredibly wealthy/successful people.

In no way do I think every single failure of the Bills is linked to Russ Brandon, plenty of coaches and players have let us down...but we have missed the playoffs continually and he's been heavily involved almost the whole time.

Not if I put you on ignore. :nana: I've not been timid about posting my thoughts about this head coach since week two of this season and a whole lot more fans were defending him back then. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181760-carucci-disconnect-exists-between-dl-and-scheme/page-16

I've never seen anyone defend one of the very worst head coaches this team has had with so much energy and passion. Almost like you are being paid by the team or by one of the individuals employed by the team...almost.

If I was being paid by the team, I'd be doing a lousy job.

I LOVE When fans think that it's a wild conspiracy theory that Russ Brandon is deeply involved with the decisions of this team.

He has been heavily involved in the hiring of all the recent coaches (I believe he straight up hired Doug Marrone) and he has a seat right at the table on draft day. He's making calls to GM's on draft day and is way too involved in football decisions. This is not debatable, and all of you that think he rescinded power when the Pegula's took over are absolute suckers. You think a guy that's very comfortable being heavily involved making personnel decisions is just going to hand in his badge when he doesn't have to? It's ridiculous.

He's never been part of a winning organization, and most of the marketing that you all praise is awful, especially the Toronto deal. It's not hard to sell to this market. We love football. Now he's the President of the sabres? The guy eats at Tempo every week and is literally sponsored by a suit salesmen. He's full sleaze.

Bills-pic-of-day.jpg

russ-delegate-714.jpg

BnKgp7-IYAASZZi.jpg

tempCM6_6476--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

You've been told this before.

It's the EXACT same structure that Seattle has, and their financial guy (the team president) is in the draft room making calls as well.

Of course, last time you ignored that and said it wasn't the same (even though it is), as evidenced by this rant

Edited by thebandit27

Out of curiosity, care to point out one positive thing that has happened to the Bills on the field since Russ Brandons career began with the Bills? And please don't give me the old company line that he's a great marketer. He's selling tickets and merchandise to the most popular and profitable sports league in the world. It is not difficult to sell tickets and merchandise in that type of business environment......and even if you thought it was, the Bills led the league in blackouts due to non sellouts, so apparently he's not even great at 'moving inventory" as Russ would say.

I love how this guy gets a pass after each and every failed Bills season. Let me remind you this is the man that was acting GM when we drafted Aaron Maybin. This is the man that hired Marv Levy to come in as GM. The man that led the search to bring in Buddy Nix which led us to the drafting of EJ Manuel. The man who pushed to sign TO to help sell tickets. The man that led the charge in leaving no stone unturned and coming back with Doug Marrone as HC. The man who oversaw the contract negotiations with Marrone that allowed him to have an opt out clause after 2 years with no offsets, coating Pegula $4 million. The man that led the charge in the hiring of Rex Ryan and warned Pegula not to let Rex out of the building. And also the man that oversaw the negotiations that gave Rex a 5 year $27.5 million deal, forcing Rex as the leader of this franchise for at least 1 more year despite his obvious inadequacies as a HC in today's NFL.

So once again I ask all of the Russ Brandon apologists to give me one example of a Bills success on the field under his leadership? The guys a total incompetent and he proves it year after year......and 2016 will be no different. The sooner the Pegula's realize Russ should not be leaned on for any type of advice the better off this franchise will be.

pdhQpi8.png

No coaches - or players - would want to work for an organization that blows things up every year.

I haven't been happy with Rex's coaching this year.

And I'm still on the fence with DW.

Yet, if I owned the Bills - for the sake of stability - I wouldn't change the HC or GM either.

I do hope we see some upgrades in the coaching staff and roster, though.

You've been told this before.

It's the EXACT same structure that Seattle has, and their financial guy (the team president) is in the draft room making calls as well.

Of course, last time you ignored that and said it wasn't the same (even though it is), as evidenced by this rant

Yes, you told me last time that Seattle also has a Team President in the war room. Apparently that guy is better at his job.

Pegula may be on to something. The Pittsburgh model of stability has shown quite effective. No reason to make sweeping changes for the sake of change and not have a more viable plan to move forward.

Comparing the Bills model to Pittsburghs model doesn't work when Russ Brandon has a seat atop the Bills brass. The Rooney family does not rely on a proven failure when it comes to making important decisions like hiring general managers and head coaches. The Rooney family also understands that if you can't pass the football you can not succeed. The Bills top brass has been convinced they can win with a run and stop the run philosophy. Their philosophy is very flawed.

Before the Bills can even think about mimicking the Steelers franchise they have to understand what it takes to sustain success in the NFL. If that comes first.....Continuity will follow. With the philosophy the Bills currently have continuity has no chance because 6, 7 and 8 win seasons don't get 3rd 4th and 5th chances.

Edited by Estro

The Russ Brandon hate stems from one thing and one thing alone: some fans' desire to place blame for the last 16 years on one single person.

Ralph is gone

Nix is gone

Most of the coaches and players are gone

The GMs are mostly gone

The entire scouting department has been revamped

The entire front office is gone

Since Russ remains, he gets to be THE GUY responsible, because otherwise we might have to accept that different regimes failed for different reasons

Yes, you told me last time that Seattle also has a Team President in the war room. Apparently that guy is better at his job.

Or the fact that a financial guy is in the war room means absolutely nothing

Pegula may be on to something. The Pittsburgh model of stability has shown quite effective. No reason to make sweeping changes for the sake of change and not have a more viable plan to move forward.

Should the Eagles have followed the "Pittsburgh model"? "Continuity" for the sake of "continuity" can be a very damaging thing.

Edited by Saint Doug

The Russ Brandon hate stems from one thing and one thing alone: some fans' desire to place blame for the last 16 years on one single person.

Ralph is gone

Nix is gone

The GMs are mostly gone

Since Russ remains, he gets to be THE GUY responsible, because otherwise we might have to accept that different regimes failed for different reasons

Once he's gone, it'll be time to start blaming the logo.

Ralph is gone

Nix is gone

The GMs are mostly gone

I can't speak for everyone, but I have had these feelings for going on a decade.

Of course, when the boss publicly confirms your job is safe, he only needs to do so because it wasn’t completely secure to begin with...

. . . or to quiet down those pushing the anti Rex and Doug Whaley narratives.