Tyrod Taylor had a quietly spectacular day

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who has made a lot of excuses for bad Bills Qbs, holy crap have we set our standards low. On what planet is under 200 yards, 0 tds, and 16 points spectacular?

Taylor has had some good moments this year but yesterday was not a good NFL qb display.

My thoughts exactly. OP has to try to find something positive out of this crap season.

16 points is a loss normally. Bring on 7 more wins next year at this pace.

Who knows if he is a "franchise" quarterback.

However, he's clearly shown enough that he should be the starter going into next season, and deserves an extension.

There are plenty of positions on this team that need MUCH more improvement than the QB.

I thought we were all supposed to admit that Taylor sucks?

WGR just had interesting stat on taylors throws

220 attempts to sidelines

120 attempts to middle of field

He probably struggles to see the middle of the field. That's also the area of the field you throw the most INTs. And the middle of field is probably where Woods and Clay operate best.

If it was, then t was a terrible decision because Hogan was in front of him, the only person going to catch that under thrown ball was the defender trailing the receiver.

Other than that, he had a terrific day.

But he has one big problem to work on: 1) Figure out how to throw over the middle. And despite your theory Promo, I think it is more he can't, so we don;t send guys across there.

That Int had all the earmarks of a panicked play due to horrendous clock management and looking to leave enough time for the fg. This team runs a horrible 2 minute offense. I never get that they have a sense of urgency.

Taylor certainly doesn't suck. But I think he gets a lot more slack than past Bills qb.

How many of those QB' were top 10 in completion pct and YPC?

That Int had all the earmarks of a panicked play due to horrendous clock management and looking to leave enough time for the fg. This team runs a horrible 2 minute offense. I never get that they have a sense of urgency.

How many of those QB' were top 10 in completion pct and YPC?

He certainly has had his moments. But the point production isn't that much better and he has the best group around him since the Bledsoe days. He's great in a close game but do you see him rally is when we are down double digits? At this point of his career, I don't.

Bills had a timeout left so your theory is incorrect. Also you said two things that don't make sense. They "panicked" but showed "no sense of urgency." :doh: Edited by PromoTheRobot

Guess this means we've officially moved on from EJM. :lol:

I can't imagine Roman has called 38 designed QB runs in the past 4 weeks for TT. Today alone Tyrod ran 14 times (!) for 67 yards.

Sure, some of that is the poor pass protection given he was sacked 3 times. But I've got to believe some of the runs were the result of not seeing the field and making throws when they were there.

One-read QBs who tuck it and run don't last long in the NFL.

3 of the runs were kneel downs, fwiw. He really rean it 11 times for 70 yards, not 14 for 67.

Taylor certainly doesn't suck. But I think he gets a lot more slack than past Bills qb.

He gets more slack because he's a lot better. He probably would have had a completion near the goal line or for a td in the middle of the field if nick o'leary hadn't slipped, btw.

I keep asking over and over what was wrong with the clock management and no one every explains it. They didn't want to leave any time for Dallas. The INT was on 3rd down. There would have been 2 sec left for a FG if needed.That's nuts. Bills had a timeout left.

If I remember correctly there were only 7 seconds left before the int which you can easily burn on one play.

My thoughts exactly. OP has to try to find something positive out of this crap season.

16 points is a loss normally. Bring on 7 more wins next year at this pace.

They easily could have had more if they didn't run out the clock. Also, they missed an xp, they fumbled in fg range, and taylor threw an int at the goal line. Anyway, point scoring hasn't been the bills issue this season, really.

As for throwing for less than 200 yards (not directed at you), come on--that is not how you evaluate a qb. It's yards per attempt, and he averaged a gaudy 10 ypa yesterday. The Bills put up over 400 yards against a good defense.

7 wins after 15 games.

Team sport. Sheesh. And as for taylor, he has played in 13 games.

They easily could have had more if they didn't run out the clock. Also, they missed an xp, they fumbled in fg range, and taylor threw an int at the goal line. Anyway, point scoring hasn't been the bills issue this season, really.

As for throwing for less than 200 yards (not directed at you), come on--that is not how you evaluate a qb. It's yards per attempt, and he averaged a gaudy 10 ypa yesterday. The Bills put up over 400 yards against a good defense.

Team sport. Sheesh. And as for taylor, he has played in 13 games.

Agreed about the team sport thing. I had how Qbs have W-L records when only 5 can win games by themselves.

That said, we have one W against a team with a winning record.

7 wins after 15 games.

7 wins in 13 games with a **** show defense and a team decimated by injuries.

While I'm tired of the injury excuse, it is legitimate. The defense though, is inexcusable. Our offense is better than in recent years, one would assume that our defense should have been relatively on par with the last couple of years, and with that assumption a decent overall team.

Against the Jets we could be missing, due to injury*:

RB1, WR2, WR3, WR5, TE1, RT1, RG1, DT1, DT2, DT4, DE4, CB1, CB2, SS1

(Only included players who rotate in regularly in the ideal situation)