Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

Can he come to us and cash paychecks with a mask on so we can win the division next year at 11-5?

he didn't do crap with the fish. Funny though I always thought he would have been with the Bills in some capacity.

To fnish his AFCE worked with every team record. Among others. IMO the Tuna is Rex with a brain. Cocky and at one time a

Pretty dam good coach.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh, ok. I'll give it a "close enough" for now. But if that is really the only case, I'm not so confident about bringing in the chin.

Reminds me of what we already tried with Levy.

You'll have Cowher chiming in on draft picks, and coaching. Before long, we have another "GM by committee" situation.

I'd rather just see a re-structure where the HC reports to the GM, and the GM reports to Pegula.

You can do that if you move DW to scouting and get a strong GM in here.

Id rather promote Whaley and watch him grow and develop in the role, than demote him and start rebuilding someone else's roster.

Which strong GM that's available are you thinking about?

I don't really have anyone in mind, but it doesn't appear that Pegs agrees with you. Maybe he will surprise me.

ALL GMS DO

Right? Remember all those years of saying we wish we had a GM who could/would make moves and sign players?

Remember "Ralph is Cheap"? I guess now it's "Doug spends too much". :wallbash:

I'd love to hire someone who can get us to 11-5 and playoffs without playing an integral role.

why bring him on if he didn't have anything to do with it?

Imagine if we brought Parcells in as President while Marrone was here?!? Those two together...

But speaking of Parcells... imagine if we did bring him in as czar. Wonder who his choice for coach would've been...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/while-running-the-dolphins-parcells-recommended-rex-ryan-to-the-jets/

Edited by DrDareustein

I will say that Cowher was a great coach, but a terrible gameday manager. I think he could squeeze a lot out of his players, but he was one of those guys that on gameday, he mismanaged timeouts and the clock and was generally clueless.

My sense is that in today's NFL, where it seems like sideline management and in-game adjustments are more important, he may not be as effective.

Good points, but there's also this: every account indicates that being a successful football HC is an all-encompasing job-and-a-half featuring nights on the office coach and scheduling time for a 1/2 hr chat with the family. It takes a driven, hungry individual to pull that off and like it. The Chin has had a much less demanding prime-time cushy gig for years now.

Are there any successful instances of "personality" former successful football guys (coaches or GMs or presidents) who have moved on into broadcasting and come back to active football to win success?

I would further limit him to scouting players on defence.

That's about the right speed IMO.

You definitely don't want him looking at QBs... probably a big reason why he never got the clout in the first place when Pegs took over.

You definitely don't want him looking at QBs... probably a big reason why he never got the clout in the first place when Pegs took over.

GMs miss on QBs all the time. Whaley even traded DOWN when he (and Buddy) was picking EJ.

Ozzie Newsome started building a defense and missed big time on his first QB, Kyle Boller, before getting it right a few years later.

Let the guy develop in the role. imo

Edited by DrDareustein

GMs miss on QBs all the time. Whaley even traded DOWN when he (and Buddy) was picking EJ.

Ozzie Newsome started building a defense and missed big time on his first QB, Kyle Boller, before getting it right a few years later.

Agreed, difference being that Ozzie didn't push Boller down Billick's throat.

He's bad at drafting for O in general.

WRs, O-line.

EJ was just the cherry on top.

Well maybe there is hope after all. Pegula is not stupid and probably is seeing the organization is a mess so the right way t build it is hire the guy who than hires the coach and rest of football staff like scouts etc. plus his son tweet about the defense yesterday shows that things are not going well for the RX Ryan show

How do you know Pegula is not stupid? You have never met him. He could be worse than Ralph for all we know.