We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have to guess, I know who B is. I really hate these comparison posts though. The thing is, when you don't have much data to go on, a QB can look like a lot of other QB first years. And some go on and improve and become great, and some don't.

And yeah, it's really annoying to read, but I know from experience it's hard to get data into these posts from other apps.

True, but it's not only that the numbers are similar. It's that Tom Brady with 1 more game, more attempts, and a SuperBowl winning team around him and better pass protecting O-line is actually OUTDONE by Tyrod Taylor in every conceivable stat save completion % ( by .2%) and longest pass play (91-63). I repeat, Taylor beats him in EVERY SINGLE OTHER MAJOR STAT with 33 fewer attempts! That doesn't seem like a fluke to me. He was better statistically on an offense that was supposed to struggle mightily, while being on a team that only survives by the skin of their defense (One that severely underperformed as you know.) There's something to that. This doesn't mean it will continue this way, nor does it mean he didn't have his struggles with 3 and outs and the like, but I find it highly inconceivable that all of a sudden Bills fans have become so spoiled after going through countless disasters at the position since General Kelly was at the helm, that they are already writing him off. What Taylor did last year didn't light the world on fire, but it's also by no means the norm for first year starters even these days, particularly in Buffalo. We must see how this plays out, PERIOD. This kid has something. The title of this thread sucks!
Edited by Billsfansince90

WTF is wrong with us?

Hey Bills fans - here's something that isn't broken. Why don't you Rubik's cubes try to fix it!?!

So many armchair simpletons that have never played a game of chess desperate to point out how the Bills spent money relative to the latest spending model.

Can we please stop the jugheaderry?

No more firing someone every year

A LA the Sox winning it all in 04

Edited by Thurmal34

True, but it's not only that the numbers are similar. It's that Tom Brady with 1 more game, more attempts, and a SuperBowl winning team around him and better pass protecting O-line is actually OUTDONE by Tyrod Taylor in every conceivable stat save completion % ( by .2%) and longest pass play (91-63). I repeat, Taylor beats him in EVERY SINGLE OTHER MAJOR STAT with 33 fewer attempts! That doesn't seem like a fluke to me. He was better statistically on an offense that was supposed to struggle mightily on and only survive by the skin of their defense (One that severely underperformed as you know.) There's something to that. This doesn't mean it will continue this way, nor does it mean he didn't have his struggles with 3 and outs and the like, but I find it highly inconceivable that all of a sudden Bills fans have become so spoiled after going through countless disasters at the position since General Kelly was at the helm, that they are already writing him off. What Taylor did last year didn't light the world on fire, but it's also by no means the norm for first year starters even these days, particularly in Buffalo. We must see how this plays out, PERIOD. This kid has something. The title of this thread sucks!

Exactly.

WTF is wrong with us?

Hey Bills fans - here's something that isn't broken. Why don't you Rubik's cubes try to fix it!?!

So many armchair simpletons that have never played a game of chess desperate to point out how the Bills spent money relative to the latest spending model.

Can we please stop the jugheaderry?

No more firing someone every year

A LA the Sox winning it all in 04

:lol::thumbsup:

I have no doubt they will draft a QB at some point. They don't want to pay to sign a decent vet in FA behind TT. They have to pay EJ the same whether he is here or not. But it's clear to me they don't think he's demonstrated he's good enough to not be challenged for the backup spot. The question isn't whether they draft a guy, it's where. I tend to think it will be round 4 or after. Possibly higher if someone they have a 1st or 2nd round grade drops. I do not think they will take a QB in round 1. I don't think the value will be there on the guys still left at 19.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have no doubt they will draft a QB at some point. They don't want to pay to sign a decent vet in FA behind TT. They have to pay EJ the same whether he is here or not. But it's clear to me they don't think he's demonstrated he's good enough to not be challenged for the backup spot. The question isn't whether they draft a guy, it's where. I tend to think it will be round 4 or after. Possibly higher if someone they have a 1st or 2nd round grade drops. I do not think they will take a QB in round 1. I don't think the value will be there on the guys still left at 19.

Perfectly stated! If someone like Wenz were to slip into the second round we would be enticed to pull the triigger. Otherwise, we draft someone like Doughty or Prescott down deeper in the draft.

Perfectly stated! If someone like Wenz were to slip into the second round we would be enticed to pull the triigger. Otherwise, we draft someone like Doughty or Prescott down deeper in the draft.

Don't sleep on Kevin Hogan or Cardale Jones either.

Didn't you used to say this same song and dance about "knowing nothing about player evaluation," a few years ago about a certain RB? One would think humility would be learned.

There is an extreme difference FireChan. I have not decided Taylors fate. I have not claimed Taylor will be some long time great QB solution. I have stated he has shown the potential and earned the opportunity to be the guy. Where as other people have fully decided he's NOT the guy. So again, anyone making a FINAL decision on arc of this kids career now is foolish. I mean anyone can guess on any player and say he will be great or he will be a bust...you have a 50/50 shot of being right. Thats not evaluating talent, thats guessing at the future and 50% of the time they could be right no matter how dumb the reasoning for their guess in the first place. And to decide Taylor will not be the guy based on the body of evidence he put up is dumb. Its also dumb to say he's definitely our future. What is true...the kid EARNED his shot next year as the unquestioned starter and has a lot of potential for a bright future.

If he slides more instead of trying to gut it out he will play more games and Manuel will play less. Thats a Win in my book. IDK why threads like this get so hostile? !@#$ arent we all rooting for the same team? damn......anyways besides his short comings on the field I really liked how Manuel showed character on that one play in the last game he was brought in to draw a penalty. Cant teach class and Manuel has it. Wish he cuda played better but I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. This is Tyord territory now, if he progresses, trusts the line to step up in the pocket to use the middle of the field more, then we have a QB. Then everyone on here can B word about something else we dont have thats keeping us out of the playoffs....

Agreed, next years his break out as long as we keep our left side of the line together and hopefully upgrade RT.

The Def missed tackles and the Offense had some stupid penalties that took some big plays off the board including TDs.....or was that the NE game? or both? cant remember but Tyrod was most def not the sole reason we lost that Giants game. Could he have played better? Yes. Could he have played worse? See the london game lol....now look at the Giants defense and the jets defense...then look at those same stats you posted for the wk 17 game and look how much our offense including Tyrod has progressed since week 4 to week 17. I know ur point is the Def wasnt to blame for that game but here is the silver lining in this years vomit.

There were two TD's called back in that game - at least one on a complete ghost holding call. Whole game changes if those hold up.

Tyler DunneVerified account@TyDunne Jan 29

Carson Wentz's QB coach said the #Bills visited campus to see him as much as any team in the league. There's been interest for a while.

Not only does the guy have upside, he spent four years in North DeFreakingkota.

john Murphy interviewed Jim Monos this past week, and he seemed to REALLY like him.

I can't imagine he's there @ 19, and definitely not @ 49. Another trade up scenario? :o

nah. They didn't know where he would end up scouting him all year. I'm sure they love a lot of guys they won't have a chance to draft. Just found it interesting that they visited him a lot, they may have taken him if TT didn't emerge or Wentz wasn't going to go so high. Edited by YoloinOhio