Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

How often is lacanfora right? I seem to Remember him saying a lot of stuff about the bills that never comes true.

He's La Conjecture! Too many are quick to buy into his BS as he's been proven many times to be full of :censored:

La Can Fora doesn't know jack about the Bills and more often than not the opposite of what he says is true

We all heard this clown screw up with regard to the Bills before. I question who his sources are in Buffalo. Probably contacted UBBulls fan for his info!

Edited by The Thurmanator

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about Whaley. I do not think he is particularly well respected around the league. The best evidence is that the Pegulas were looking to hire a front office czar. I am sure they learned a lot during the process of buying the team, and if there was overwhelming agreement that Whaley was a strong GM, they would not have been looking to bring in a czar. Given the record in Buffalo over the last number of years and the dysfunction in the organization, I am not sure that Whaley would be able to find another GM opportunity.

I have been annoyed at Roman during the year, but it would be a huge mistake to not retain him and have to adjust to a new Offense again. Especially with the development of TT. There has been improvement offensively, and it is dumb to just change that like we did with our defense this year.

I disagree about Whaley. I do not think he is particularly well respected around the league. The best evidence is that the Pegulas were looking to hire a front office czar. I am sure they learned a lot during the process of buying the team, and if there was overwhelming agreement that Whaley was a strong GM, they would not have been looking to bring in a czar. Given the record in Buffalo over the last number of years and the dysfunction in the organization, I am not sure that Whaley would be able to find another GM opportunity.

Agreed. No doubt he would get a choice position in scouting though, just keep him away from QBs.

There should be no surprise if the supposedly Whaley job status is true. Whenever a team underachieves relative to its expectations their is going to be in-house back lashing. The GM is naturally going to take the position that the players he provided are not being used properly and the HC is going to take the position (directly or indirectly) that the players he were provided with were not suitable to what he wanted to do. The same tumultuous process is happening in Indy, Cleveland, Detroing and St. Louis. Losing is an outcome that is going to cause in internal conflict and result in staffing changes.

In my opinion the Rex Ryan hire was a disaster. What is starting to boil up here happened with much more intensity in Rex's last year in NY. I can't say for sure how influential Whaley was in the Rex hire. At this point it really doesn't matter. There is an obvious disconnect between Whaley's vision and Rex's vision on how a team should be constructed. That can't go on much longer.

If Whaley is disappointed it is not primarily because of how the offense is being run. The disappointment comes from the defensive side of the ball. It took a dramatic fall under the new HC. Now there is public talk that this defense has to go through a dramatic personnel change in the offseason to accommodate the HC's defensive philosophy. Do you think Whaley is happy about such a major overhaul on that side of the ball?

The Ryan hire was a foolish hire. The reverberations are starting to appear. When you hire a huckster to be your HC and give him a rich and long contract don't expect tranquility. Eventually there are going to be casualties. I hope it isn't Whaley but without a doubt he is vulnerable.

If Whaleys goes then how do you bring in a competent GM that had to be tied to Rex?

Sounds like a mess to me. If your going to get rid of one get rid of the other as well.

This franchise is so incompetent it's sad.

Good point! Sounds like the Jets all over. Perhaps this is the only way Rex is gone, if a new GM comes in. Therefore, I say no way Whaley is gone unless he quits.

The Polian flirtation shouldn't indicate that; all new owners are encouraged by the other 31 to hire a football czar if they've never owned an NFL team before

Whaley being respected within the NFL and the Pegulas wanting to hire a football czar are not necessarily intertwined. His trades, FA moves, and draft picks have more hits than misses so I'm not sure why he wouldn't garner respect around the league.

If Whaleys goes then how do you bring in a competent GM that has to be tied to Rex?

Sounds like a mess to me. If your going to get rid of one get rid of the other as well.

They won't.

If Whaleys goes then how do you bring in a competent GM that had to be tied to Rex?

The situation is definitely messy. I think Rex has at least 1 more year. Do you give DW a 1-year extension then, and blow it all up after 2016 if things still don't work out?

How much for Rex to paint his truck black and drive it outa town? Thurman can sit in the back.

Whaley is a bit of a stamering fool and every word seems like a struggle for him. When has signing a bunch of high priced free agents ever worked in the NFL. 0 chemistry. Tom Donahoe school of GM.

And although the man is a billionaire he seems a bit low functioning in any video clip ive seen him in. (Can we be honest). Tpegs that is.

And Ole Russ would push for isis to sing at halftime if he thought they would sell tickets.

Yes, but you probably need to give him 2 years and be willing to eat the extra year

Could be it then all comes down to if DW does in fact have other opportunities available to him around the league. Why would he sign a lame-duck contract, having to deal with a coach/coaching staff that he doesn't get along with? No-win situation for him. It'd be pretty wild if he pulled a Marrone 1 year later.

The situation is definitely messy. I think Rex has at least 1 more year. Do you give DW a 1-year extension then, and blow it all up after 2016 if things still don't work out?

I don't think it's about give Whaley a one year extension - it's would Whaley do that. I suspect that answer is hell no.

@viccarucci

#Bills owner Terry Pegula is taking outside #NFL consultation on what to do w personnel matters to fix a team that has gone backwards.

@viccarucci

Pegula hearing from outside #NFL sources that #Bills need to move on from Manuel, upgrade backup QB & draft future QB. Bad news for Whaley.

Strange - how do supposed personnel issues paint Whaley in a bad light. Sure, he hasnt hit on all of them but we have been suffering for the past 3 years from some dysfunctional coaching. And supposedly the coaching choices have been Russ (Marrone) and Pegula (RR).

In any case, I am suspecting that Whaley may choose to not re-up his contract because frankly, his roster building has been seriously undermined by coaching choices seemingly out of his control.

@viccarucci

#Bills owner Terry Pegula is taking outside #NFL consultation on what to do w personnel matters to fix a team that has gone backwards.

@viccarucci

Pegula hearing from outside #NFL sources that #Bills need to move on from Manuel, upgrade backup QB & draft future QB. Bad news for Whaley.

Perhaps he could visit the board here and do a townhall session. Probably will get better advice :D

@viccarucci

@viccarucci

Thanks Vic! Great news on the first, no sh#@ on the second.

‏@viccarucci

‏@viccarucci

There's the rub of drafting a QB in the 1st round. If he is a flop, then a GM's runway gets shortened significantly. It could even derail one's career, which perhaps explains why some Bills FO types would never even consider it.

Of course, Whaley can always push the decision off on Buddy Gump. Sort of.

In a vacuum, I would understand that the hiring of a football czar may not have been tied to Whaley's performance as GM, but since Whaley has not been extended (his contract reportedly expires at the end of this year), I believe that there may be a connection.

There's the rub of drafting a QB in the 1st round. If he is a flop, then a GM's runway gets shortened significantly. It could even derail one's career, which perhaps explains why some Bills FO types would never even consider it.

He can push off the pick on Buddy sort of, but he owns all of the last 2 years.

‏@viccarucci

‏@viccarucci

He needs someone to tell him that?

I firmly believe it was Buddy who was bound and determined to get the Bills a "Franchise" QB before he departed as GM and we got EJM at #16 in the 2013 draft. It obviously hasn't worked out and the search continues while they take a wait and see with Tyrod based on the MMQB piece.

He needs someone to tell him that?

Obviously not based on the MMQB Tyrod piece. It's clear as day what the plan should be.

Surprising that he would want to get rid of Roman? Don't get that at all. I know he wants more targets for Sammy but Roman isn't out there throwing the ball.

its not about that, its about the run first, 2 tight end formations and um can i say zero crossing pattern plays and almost no screen game to speak of.

Strange - how do supposed personnel issues paint Whaley in a bad light. Sure, he hasnt hit on all of them but we have been suffering for the past 3 years from some dysfunctional coaching. And supposedly the coaching choices have been Russ (Marrone) and Pegula (RR).

In any case, I am suspecting that Whaley may choose to not re-up his contract because frankly, his roster building has been seriously undermined by coaching choices seemingly out of his control.

Perhaps he could visit the board here and do a townhall session. Probably will get better advice :D

The bolded just underscores a point. A good GM doesn't build a "great roster" in total isolation. This is a team sport. The roster must be built to work as components of an overall design that includes the coaches—the guys that put together the game plans, etc. It is a long road of futility to just build a collection of shiny parts. 3 new mufflers, a pair of mag rims, curb feelers, and fuzzy dice might up the "bling" factor, but they don't make a functioning car.

Could be it then all comes down to if DW does in fact have other opportunities available to him around the league. Why would he sign a lame-duck contract, having to deal with a coach/coaching staff that he doesn't get along with? No-win situation for him. It'd be pretty wild if he pulled a Marrone 1 year later.

That's why he'd have to get at least a 2 year extension. No way he signs a one year deal.

@viccarucci

@viccarucci

Brilliant- there are so many competent backup QB's available. Maybe once Romo is healthy we can take one of Dallas' , Moore and Cassel looked great last night. Draft a future QB- no crap- every team does that, it's just that it doesn't often work out. Are these geniuses recommending anything about improving our defense?

He can push off the pick on Buddy sort of, but he owns all of the last 2 years.

So he owns the first winning record in a decade? This year the team is likely headed for 8-8 if not 9-7 again. Even if they end 7-9 he would be .500 for the last 2 years. You're right though let's run him out of town he's terrible...

@viccarucci

Future of Doug Whaley has #Bills GM up in the air as Terry Pegula listens to outside advice: http://bit.ly/1Zj4teY

The fact Ryan is the head coach, with four years left on his contract after this season, is not viewed as an impediment in the Bills' ability to attract other people to run the football operation, the source said.

"You just need to get Rex someone who is there to get him what he needs for the team to be successful above anything else," the source said. "This is two head coaches that" Whaley "has had problems with. That's not a coincidence."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

the 2015 roster has far better offensive talent than the 2014 team, and Darby improved an already talented defensive unit.

I think the front office and coaches worked well in getting and keeping who they wanted. I see no problem here, other than an attempt to utilize the defensive talent in a manner that lessens their value. if the report was centered on a disagreement regarding that, I'd take it seriously.. the fact that it's centered around how many targets our receiver gets, makes it nonsense.