Bills Playoff Picture...extremely bleak, but hear me out...

Estro

We all know the Bills Playoff chance went kaboom last Sunday with the Bills loss, coupled with the Steelers and Chiefs wins. With that said just hear me out:

There are 2 things that can happen this Sunday that can give the Bills a small glimmer of hope:

1 - Beat the Redskins

2 - Broncos beat the Steelers

I don't have confidence in either, let alone, both of these outcomes happening, but for the sake of this post if both happen the Bills will have life going into the final week of the season. Why?

Because I think the Bills beat the Cowboys in week 16, and I'm quite confident in that. Just can't envision Matt Cassel coming into Ralph Wilson Stadium and winning. He is so bad.

I'm also confident that the Patriots can beat the Jets in NY in week 16. Not as confident as the Bills beating the Cowboys, but still like the Pats chances in that game.

........And if those 2 things do happen week 16, than the Bills will go into the 1PM game on Week 17 with a chance:

1- Beat the Jets

2- Johnny Manziel beats the Steelers in front of the home crowd in Cleveland

So the takeaway:

1- Bills win out

2- Steelers lose 2 games (DEN,@BAL,@CLE)

3- Jets lose 1 game (@DAL,NE)

No way the Bills can mathematically be eliminated heading into week 16 if they beat the Redskins.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the thread and tip my cap to you for believing. But this isn't a playoff team. It doesn't belong in the playoffs. I'll find no pleasure in watching the Bills back in and get destroyed by (enter team name here ___________) in the first round. We need to get so much better top to bottom to stand a chance -- and that won't happen in less than a month. I see nothing positive or symbolic about ending "the drought" with only two minutes of rain, though I know my opinion isn't a popular one and some believe it makes me less of a fan.

Edited by Felonious Monk

I appreciate the thread and tip my cap to you for believing. But this isn't a playoff team. It doesn't belong in the playoffs. I'll find no pleasure in watching the Bills back in and get destroyed by (enter team name here ___________) in the first round. We need to get so much better top to bottom to stand a chance -- and that won't happen in less than a month. I see nothing positive or symbolic about ending "the drought" with only two minutes of rain, though I know my opinion isn't a popular one and some believe it makes me less of a fan.

Any given Sunday, dude.

Any

Given

Sunday

I'd rather be disappointed with a first round playoff blowout than have no hope for a positive ending after this weekend. Therefore I will as always watch and root for my Bills and hope for losses by the Steelers, Cheifs and Jets! Hopefully Monday I still have hope!

We all know the Bills Playoff chance went kaboom last Sunday with the Bills loss, coupled with the Steelers and Chiefs wins. With that said just hear me out:

There are 2 things that can happen this Sunday that can give the Bills a small glimmer of hope:

1 - Beat the Redskins

I don't have confidence in either, let alone, both of these outcomes happening, but for the sake of this post if both happen the Bills will have life going into the final week of the season. Why?

Because I think the Bills beat the Cowboys in week 16, and I'm quite confident in that. Just can't envision Matt Cassel coming into Ralph Wilson Stadium and winning. He is so bad.

I'm also confident that the Patriots can beat the Jets in NY in week 16. Not as confident as the Bills beating the Cowboys, but still like the Pats chances in that game.

........And if those 2 things do happen week 16, than the Bills will go into the 1PM game on Week 17 with a chance:

1- Beat the Jets

So the takeaway:

1- Bills win out

No way the Bills can mathematically be eliminated heading into week 16 if they beat the Redskins.

like your optimism but we aint making it, might as well improve our draft stock

I agree with all of you guys that we're not making it. There's no confidence from me with our 5% chance probability to make it. I'm actually pretty confident the Bills lose this week and officially eliminate themselves. With all that said I just wanted to share the fact that we aren't totally dead yet, and in a league where an injury can change a teams fortune fast.....you just never know.

Well played on the John Murphy crack too. Has anyone else found him hard to listen to on his nightly show this season? I know you can't bite the hand that feeds you but damn it makes for a very boring and unrealistic show. He actually argued with a caller who tried to make the point that the Bills always lose games they need to have these last 15 years. John took issue with the callers point and asked for examples of important games they've lost recently......and then pointed out that the Bills just won a big game vs. Houston. The caller was too gun shy to start rattling off the dozens of games that any level headed Bills fan could've dug up......but his point was proven again vs. the Eagles. I'd guess Murph's favorite ice cream is vanilla, just a hunch

Edited by Estro

1 - Beat the Redskins

1- Beat the Jets

So the takeaway:

1- Bills win out

A reason to watch and hope. Thank You! :thumbsup:

Being sensible or logical is not a part of the definition of a "fan." :doh:

GO BILLS !!!!! :w00t: