Gil Brandt ranks Ron Darby #3 rookie pro bowler

PromoTheRobot

d

DROY should be a lock for him

It should be, but given KC's run there may be some voters who may perceive Peters as more deserving. It shouldn't make a difference, but voters are a fickle bunch.

I cant see anyone better

CBF

Me neither. And any objective evaluation of his and other rookie defensive players would bear that out, I think.

GO BILLS!!!

I would definitely argue Darby #2 over Gurley who's only had 3 good games really. Cooper and Darby are close. Darby should be a lock for DROY and is very much in the running for overall ROY. I would also rank Karlos over Gurley thus far, even though the media will never because of the high profile of Gurley and the fact Karlos plays behind McCoy. But Karlos to me has had the better year...both have missed time, but Karlos has been by far the most productive RB on a per snap basis and I would guess he's amongst the league leaders in that as well.

right now, i'd rank em:

#1 - gurley is ranked 4th amongst RB's for yards. will probably be the only rookie who makes Pro Bowl.

#2 - darby is ranked 2nd or 3rd amongst CB's in pass breakups

#3 - cooper is ranked 26th amongst WR's for catches and 16th for yards.

More praise for Darby's performance:

@NFL_CFB

5 rookies that most exceeded expectations this season (via @MoveTheSticks) --> http://bit.ly/1P5q59V

CWSr3N-UYAAZnsn.jpg
Bills CB Ronald Darby

Pick: Round 2, pick 50
College: Florida State
I know Darby was a second-round pick, but I don't think anyone envisioned that he would be this good in his first professional season. Darby has an outstanding skill set, but he was very raw coming out of Florida State. The expectation was that this would be a learning year and hopefully he would emerge in Year 2 or 3. Instead, he's been outstanding right out of the gate. He's started 13 games and collected 2 interceptions to go along with 21 passes defended. He looks like a Pro Bowl-caliber cornerback right now.

I would definitely argue Darby #2 over Gurley who's only had 3 good games really. Cooper and Darby are close. Darby should be a lock for DROY and is very much in the running for overall ROY. I would also rank Karlos over Gurley thus far, even though the media will never because of the high profile of Gurley and the fact Karlos plays behind McCoy. But Karlos to me has had the better year...both have missed time, but Karlos has been by far the most productive RB on a per snap basis and I would guess he's amongst the league leaders in that as well.

Not really. Gurley played 3 more games and has 3 times the yardage. A backup RB isn't going to beat out a feature back for ROY.

He's above Gurley, who didn't even break 90 yards for a 5-game stretch. Cooper arguably is above him, but not by much.

I don't think failing to break 90 is much of a detriment (90*16=1,440). In one of those games he had 89 and in two of those games the Rams were blown out and Gurley got 9 carries.

He took over the RB job at the start of October and is now in the top 4 in every major rushing category. He's been fantastic.

Laughable post. Please, point out which two of these five were not good games by Gurley:

Opp/Att/Yards/TD

AZ - 19 - 146 - 0

GB - 30 - 159 - 0

CLE - 19 - 128 - 2

SF - 20 - 133 - 1

DET - 16 - 140 - 2