Sully Blasts McCoy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“It is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.

The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Well since you took the time to comment about it, you care, obviously.

And I'm sure a lot of his teammates weren't thrilled about watching him make out with the Eagles logo after he spent all week begging them to have his back for this game.

And since McCoy is still butthurt about being traded to Buffalo, and would obviously rather still be playing in Philly, Bills fans should care. But for some reason, fans like you will continue to play if off like it's no big deal, or just make excuses for him while he continues with his childish little temper tantrums.

I think you are onto something here. I also think it was poor taste to stay behind and have an after party with some of his old philly teammates instead of flying home on the charter flight with the rest of his team. You could say this stuff doesn't matter but it is just another clue that this is not a very tight knit team & unfortunately it shows on gameday. They don't play as a team. It is up to Rex to change that culture & get the me guys out of here. Shady is a very talented running back, he is also a very selfish running back. That has been his knock even was at Pitt. My friend graduated from Pitt & follows that program very closely. He wasn't thrilled with the Shady trade & it had nothing to do with his on field production.

Sully, like all opinion writers, had several iterations of his Monday column written before the game even started. All depended on which way the wind blew before putting the finishing touched on the one he selected.

GO BILLS!!!

I think you are onto something here. I also think it was poor taste to stay behind and have an after party with some of his old philly teammates instead of flying home on the charter flight with the rest of his team. You could say this stuff doesn't matter but it is just another clue that this is not a very tight knit team & unfortunately it shows on gameday. They don't play as a team. It is up to Rex to change that culture & get the me guys out of here. Shady is a very talented running back, he is also a very selfish running back. That has been his knock even was at Pitt. My friend graduated from Pitt & follows that program very closely. He wasn't thrilled with the Shady trade & it had nothing to do with his on field production.

Reports are that he never appeared at the party. Even if he did, it's no big deal as Monday was the players' day off. People hang on to the silliest stuff and try to make it into some big controversy when it means absolutely nothing.

Reports are that he never appeared at the party. Even if he did, it's no big deal as Monday was the players' day off. People hang on to the silliest stuff and try to make it into some big controversy when it means absolutely nothing.

Don't agree at all. It is a big deal. Not a team player all about me.

Don't agree at all. It is a big deal. Not a team player all about me.

The party was pre-planned and it was obviously okay with Rex with the team being off the next day. Who cares? Just another reason for people to B word about something that in the overall scheme of things doesn't mean jack.

provided bulletin board material all week to get opposing team fired up to stop him.

kissed the eagles logo

hugged the eagles owner

played like chit in 2nd half

stiffed shaking hands after game

stiffed answering media questions

did not fly home on team plane with his current teammates.

stayed behind to party with old teammates.

who side is he on ?.....his own.

To all you fans backing McCoy's behavior, read the Darryl Talley interview, and then think about McCoy's behavior and his decision to stay in Philly to party with his old teammates.

Maybe people and players have changed a lot in the 20 years that past since the Bills Super Bowl Teams? I just done agree with how McCoy could: bring up old bad blood about the trade with Kelly, hug the owner before the game, kiss the Eagle on the field, storm off the field after the loss, and then not fly home with his team (and in support of his team).

After the game is the time for hugs and hello's. After the game, especially a loss, is when you see what people are really made of.

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat ... clearly these are things that do not resonate like they used too.

I just can't help but think that no mater how talented this current Bills team is, they lack the real leadership needed to be winners.

provided bulletin board material all week to get opposing team fired up to stop him.

kissed the eagles logo

hugged the eagles owner

played like chit in 2nd half

stiffed shaking hands after game

stiffed answering media questions

did not fly home on team plane with his current teammates.

stayed behind to party with old teammates.

who side is he on ?.....his own.

scare.gifscare.gifscare.gif

I've never understood the idea that an athlete must talk to the media after a game. I've never heard of one, but does the NFL or a team have a rule that a player must talk to the media after a game? It may be in the athletes best interest to talk, but if they don't want to I don't see any reason that they should.

I've never understood the idea that an athlete must talk to the media after a game. I've never heard of one, but does the NFL or a team have a rule that a player must talk to the media after a game? It may be in the athletes best interest to talk, but if they don't want to I don't see any reason that they should.

Yes

The league’s media policy is clear: “Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules. Star players, or other players with unusually heavy media demands, must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to their required post-game media availability. . . . Each club will open its locker room during the normal practice week (based on a Sunday game) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to all accredited media for player interviews for a minimum of 45 minutes.” ​

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/like-it-or-not-nfls-media-policy-is-clear/

So because he was asked how TT would do in Philly's offense and he responded that he would kill it means he's obsessed? that's a seriously pathetic reach

It's far from a "pathetic reach". Maybe I didn't state my point well. What I meant is that it means he doesn't think too highly of our offense. If TT could "kill it" in Philly, why isn't our coaching staff putting him in a postion to do the same here? I think it shows that some people aren't buying into Roman's offense. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

It's far from a "pathetic reach". Maybe I didn't state my point well. What I meant is that it means he doesn't think too highly of our offense. If TT could "kill it" in Philly, why isn't our coaching staff putting him in a postion to do the same here? I think it shows that some people aren't buying into Roman's offense.

You just further proved how much you're reaching. There was no mention of anything about our offense. he was asked a question about Philly's offense and TT. Any inference beyond that is strictly in the readers head.