Spotrac calculates Taylor's current value through 10 games

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting until he's a FA isn't smart. You at least need to franchise him to make sure you don't lose him/for nothing. But again as I said, I'd wait until mid-season next year and if he's still playing well, offer what Spotrac suggests.

I agree with re-signing him mid season 2016. Note that this pro-TT euphoria is after his best game as a Bill. He has earlier shown himself to be inconsistent and unable to consistently string together an entire game. More data is needed before pegging his value. There really is no pressure right now. I am willing to take the risk to having to pay more if he proves himself over 1.5 seasons . Call it the Fitz effect, but no reason to commit big dollars to him now or in the upcoming offseason.

As someone else stated, RWilson was not extended till after 2 consecutive Superbowl appearances and not even after the one he was victorious in.

When a QB is throwing for 300 yards

Its usually in a losing effort

Not sure there is enough data to support that position.

When a QB is throwing for 300 yards

Its usually in a losing effort

it often comes with a interceptions along with the yardage

it means they are stopping the other team from scoring

It ususally means the running game is not working......which is a imbalanced attack......which is not good

That often used to be the case. Not true at all anymore though.

I agree with re-signing him mid season 2016. Note that this pro-TT euphoria is after his best game as a Bill. He has earlier shown himself to be inconsistent and unable to consistently string together an entire game. More data is needed before pegging his value. There really is no pressure right now. I am willing to take the risk to having to pay more if he proves himself over 1.5 seasons . Call it the Fitz effect, but no reason to commit big dollars to him now or in the upcoming offseason.

As someone else stated, RWilson was not extended till after 2 consecutive Superbowl appearances and not even after the one he was victorious in.

This. And again, as I said earlier, if it's a matter of $2M/year and $15M guaranteed more (the difference between Wilson's and Tanneyhill's contracts) by waiting until midway through next season, I can live with that.

What about a Foles type deal- 2 years $27 mil, with $20 mil guaranteed?

This gives the Bills 3 years to see what they have and make sure Taylor can maintain at a high level. Meanwhile it gives Taylor's side the guarantee and also the chance to sign the BIG contract still.

Thoughts?

I believe Taylor thinks he's only going to get better. I would be surprised if he wants to sign a deal after this year unless its in the 20m a year category. I'm sure we could get a Kap type structure though.

You need to look at this from TT's view. Assume he plays well thru the next 4 games and 2016 pre-season, he is in the drivers seat for a new contract, If he plays thru all 2016 or even at half-way, I'm him I'm not signing anything I'm waiting for FA and test the market big time. I don't care how much $$$ TP throws at me, I'm going somewhere for more or equal money, more glamorous. Maybe Jerry Jones cuts ties with Romo and offers me $25m/year and I get to go to Dallas, sad to say better than Buffalo. Buffalo will have to roll the dice and sign him before the 2016 start IF they truly think he is the answer. And the Bills see TT way more than any TBD poster. They should be qualified to take some not all of the risk out of that decision.

Me? If he looks good and I think he will, sign him in August 2016 to the $20-$22m/year numbers tossed around here

The difference with these other QBs and their contracts is not only the experience, but the results. Kaepernick got to a SB and NFC title game. Even Foles made the playoffs. If the Bills make the playoffs under Taylor, his worth will greatly increase. He's not signing anything now, anyway. The offseason will be time for that. The top QBs are getting $20 mil per now. If Taylor doesn't get the Bills to the playoffs or a winning record at least, his contract won't reach that level. Don't forget that even Fitz's extension only bumped his salary up to 16th in the league, right in the middle of the pack. It wasn't a crazy deal for an established starter , which he was by then,