Whaley pursuing re-signing both Incognito and Glenn

YoloinOhio

While it is never a sure thing that you can get guys signed who could demand big money on the open market, I like that he sounded pretty positive. Sometimes you can get a sense if they think they won't be able to get it done.

they will obviously be aided by the cap going up 10 mill

I think restructuring mario will also get some help or just flat out cutting him.

But I think they are going to restructure mario

this would be great! add another OL in the draft, but with these signings it could be a 2nd rounder. (like Glenn was).

Or Cyrus....

After every loss, this board blows up over how bad the O-line is. But these should be pretty easy signings.

Correct.

The best thing that they can hope for--that is if they're intent on getting him off the roster--is that there's a team that wants a 4-3 LE badly enough to give up a mid-round pick and sign him to a new contract.

That's possible, though not likely.

do the Raiders run a 4-3? I could see them having interest as they have a lot of young guys but could use a vet and have 72 mill in cap space or something next year. Tuck is probably done and aldon smith suspended until next November. I'm not sure what scheme they run but Mack and Mario would be a nice pair.

What a disaster. Doesn't he know he has to sign TT before this Sunday or we're going to lose him to FA in 2016? :o

I think TT will be free in 2017....he has a 2 year deal w Bills.....with the third in place if he fails to get 1/2 the snaps or something like that....but, he has sufficient snaps already this year to void year 3, I think. That give s them a year to get something done with TT.......which they should do imho.

I think we need to cut ties with Kyle Williams and Mario. We have too much young talent and i see this team being about 2-3 years from being playoff contenders. Draft all defense and o-line this year. DE, DT, LB, CB, S, OT all need to be addressed

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

My central point is that this is a more sophisticated and well rounded organization because the quality of staff. In my opinion the pivotal point was when Russ Brandon was given more authority by the previous owner and then steadily made the right moves that put this franchise on the right track.

Brandon made a very wise choice when he hired his Syracuse crony Marrone, and his is band of rank amateurs? Really???

:);)

Whaley was on wgr this morning and they asked him if he had any talks yet with RI's or Glenn's agents and said that he had, that the players were aware the Bills want to re sign them, had talked with their reps and will pick it up after the season. He said they were going to do pretty much do whatever they can go sign them.

This means little at this point imo. Remember, Whaley aggressively tried to re-sign Byrd and Spiller. Many people (not you) act as if Whaley knew enough to kick these guys to the curb, but this isn't the case. Edited by Bill from NYC

This means little at this point imo. Remember, Whaley aggressively tried to re-sign Byrd and Spiller. Many people (not you) act as if Whaley knew enough to kick these guys to the curb, but this isn't the case.

Let's not make this black and white. Yes, he is not perfect. His picking of EJ, which he surely had a strong voice in though Nix was technically the GM at the time, picking Kouandjio in the 2nd round and getting NOTHING out of, and to some extent trading up for Sammy in such a WR heavy class (though I maintain he is wildly talented, and time will yet show if he was worth it or not) were all questionable moves. But, he also had limits as to what he would pay these positions that he was willing to pay these non-premium positions, and when they wanted more, he maintained his clear thinking and DID NOT panic and overpay, thus allowing us payroll integrity.

I was pretty unsure about paying McCoy SOOO much money when we didn't want to pay Spiller half of it, but these last 4 games really has changed my mind. He has been terrific, and we likely wouldn't have been in most of those games if Spiller were playing instead of McCoy. And I'm not convinced that having Kiko on the roster would have made an equal boost to the D to keep us in games this year as much as McCoy has.

Gotta get both done. Adding another T, hopefully our first rounder, is the way to go.

I agree on resigning Glenn and Incognito.

A RT in the first would be a waste IMO, hopefully Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith would be available at LB when we pick, much better value and both would greatly enhance the defense and team as a whole, 3 down playmaking linebackers who can do it all. Then look at a Decker, Spriggs or Conklin in the 2nd round as a RT.

I agree on resigning Glenn and Incognito.

A RT in the first would be a waste IMO, hopefully Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith would be available at LB when we pick, much better value and both would greatly enhance the defense and team as a whole, 3 down playmaking linebackers who can do it all. Then look at a Decker, Spriggs or Conklin in the 2nd round as a RT.

i saw a lot of those three tackles and IMO the first two might be able to start right away at RT (though I don't really love either one) but Spriggs is a developmental guy at NFL OT. He would not be ready to start next year. Jmo.

i saw a lot of those three tackles and IMO the first two might be able to start right away at RT (though I don't really love either one) but Spriggs is a developmental guy at NFL OT. He would not be ready to start next year. Jmo.

From what I have seen of them I would agree, but would add that Spriggs IMO has the higher ceiling as he is more athletic (swing T, with LT potential) and has better lateral movement skills, but lacks physicality and strength right now, I dont see him fitting into power schemes early in his career, but pulling and zone blocking IMO he is the best of the 3. Day 1 starter? In the right scheme... Reminds me of Lane Johnson, but I'll buy developmental.

Conklin has the power and reminds me a little of Bulaga, but his balance and lateral skills are not LT material and need to be addressed, but he IMO is by far the strongest and most powerful of the 3. I think he's a day 1 starter at RT as he is.

Decker IMO is a mixture of Spriggs and Conklin, more athletic than Conklin, but not as much as Spriggs, more powerful than Spriggs, but not as much as Conklin. He plays high, despite being capable of bending in pass pro, I could see him being a day 1 guy.

IMO none of them are 1st round worthy RT's.

From what I have seen of them I would agree, but would add that Spriggs IMO has the higher ceiling as he is more athletic (swing T, with LT potential) and has better lateral movement skills, but lacks physicality and strength right now, I dont see him fitting into power schemes early in his career, but pulling and zone blocking IMO he is the best of the 3. Day 1 starter? In the right scheme... Reminds me of Lane Johnson, but I'll buy developmental.

Conklin has the power and reminds me a little of Bulaga, but his balance and lateral skills are not LT material and need to be addressed, but he IMO is by far the strongest and most powerful of the 3. I think he's a day 1 starter at RT as he is.

Decker IMO is a mixture of Spriggs and Conklin, more athletic than Conklin, but not as much as Spriggs, more powerful than Spriggs, but not as much as Conklin. He plays high, despite being capable of bending in pass pro, I could see him being a day 1 guy.

IMO none of them are 1st round worthy RT's.

I know Decker as a person and he will knock the interviews out of the park. He's as squeaky clean as it gets, smart, charisma, etc. That might help him. For Conklin, the fact he has been in the pro style offense could help him.

I know Decker as a person and he will knock the interviews out of the park. He's as squeaky clean as it gets, smart, charisma, etc. That might help him. For Conklin, the fact he has been in the pro style offense could help him.

Everything I have read on him points that way, nice to hear the same coming from a direct contact. It would help his cause for me, and history says maybe Whaley too. I agree about Conklin, and conversely Spriggs coming from the spread and not having the strength of Decker or Conklin will hurt him a little, but the NFL loves athleticism...

What are your objective thoughts on Decker as a prospect?

Everything I have read on him points that way, nice to hear the same coming from a direct contact. It would help his cause for me, and history says maybe Whaley too. I agree about Conklin, and conversely Spriggs coming from the spread and not having the strength of Decker or Conklin will hurt him a little, but the NFL loves athleticism...

What are your objective thoughts on Decker as a prospect?

i think Decker is overrated as a prospect. I don't think he is a bad player at all... He's been very well-coached and has good technique. Doesn't hold or get stupid penalties. But he is far from a dominant player. He gets beat way more than he should for as much hype as he gets. He does seem to rise to the level of competition and play his best in big games - maybe a culture issue on the team as a whole. I don't like seeing a guy who is supposed to be a 1st rd pick give up 3 sacks vs freaking Minnesota.

That said, I think he's worlds better than his predecessor at LT Jack Mewhort, who went in the second round.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i think Decker is overrated as a prospect. I don't think he is a bad player at all... He's been very well-coached and has good technique. Doesn't hold or get stupid penalties. But he is far from a dominant player. He gets beat way more than he should for as much hype as he gets. He does seem to rise to the level of competition and play his best in big games - maybe a culture issue on the team as a whole. I don't like seeing a guy who is supposed to be a 1st rd pick give up 3 sacks vs freaking Minnesota.

That said, I think he's worlds better than his predecessor at LT Jack Mewhort, who went in the second round.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I would tend to agree he and Conklin are over rated at this point, and find it hard to believe many have them as top 10-20 type prospects, or even LT prospects. I have not watched a lot of him, but I think your assessment is spot on from what I have seen over the last two years. I have the Minnesota game on my list to watch and will move it up now.

Interesting, I had Mewhort as an 3rd round guy and have Decker as a 2nd currently, good stuff ;).

I think TT will be free in 2017....he has a 2 year deal w Bills.....with the third in place if he fails to get 1/2 the snaps or something like that....but, he has sufficient snaps already this year to void year 3, I think. That give s them a year to get something done with TT.......which they should do imho.

You are correct. 2016 is Taylor's contract year. And Nanker's mocking alarm aside, why would you want him going into next season unsigned?

Brandon made a very wise choice when he hired his Syracuse crony Marrone, and his is band of rank amateurs? Really???

:);)

This means little at this point imo. Remember, Whaley aggressively tried to re-sign Byrd and Spiller. Many people (not you) act as if Whaley knew enough to kick these guys to the curb, but this isn't the case.

Bill, You can criticize Marrone but he left this team with a 9-7 record. He came aboard to a team that was basically an expansion caliber team that was in a rebuilding mode. You may disagree with my point of view but this team was on an upswing with him as the HC.

The point of my original post is that this franchise is not now being run as a backwater franchise as it was under the prior owner. The transition started with Brandon.

I liked the link although the nasal response was a tad irritating. :w00t:

Edited by JohnC