Tyrod vs Brady

JPicc2114

The Bills have one of the richest owners in the league and lately have been signing guys to huge contracts. They were the first team to give Taylor a chance, he is working with a very good OC for him, he has Sammy Watkins and Clay and others to throw to, he has a great running game with Shady McCoy, he has a players coach who loves him. This is an absolutely great situation for him to be in and he and his agent know it.

I agree. The reason he didn't sign with the Ravens was because he wanted a starting job. He has what he wants here, I am not sure another team would offer him the type of contract that would be able to pull him away.

That may change if we draft a qb, but we need to just in case anyway.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And if you wait till next season he may decide to test free agency.

And they can franchise him at that point

EJ single handedly cost us the Jax game. he sucks.

we would be better off eating his remaining $2.5 mil and cutting him after this season.

I don't know about single handedly as the defense didn't help much in that game and gave up the lead late

I doubt Whaley will wait that long but, sure, you could do that, wait until 4 games left in the 2016 regular season to talk about a new deal. And I could see Taylor being told by his agent to screw the Bills and hit the open market, especially if he's still playing this level. I suppose you could also franchise tag him. Players love that. <_<

So then, when do you offer him an extension and for how much?

4 Year Extension, $80M, $12M Signing Bonus, $50M Guaranteed. Based on incentives he makes between 12.5M and 20M per year from '17 to '20. This is assuming the negotiations happen this offseason, of course.

Meaning he'll in essence be getting a 5 year $81M deal (when you add in his $1M for the 2015 season)?

You definitely talk extension this off-season. Why should you treat Taylor any different from Marcel Dareus? I think BuffaloHokie13, above, has the numbers right.

Because Dareus had proven himself for 4 years prior?

Look, I understand what you're trying to get at here, but paying him $16M-$20M/year after just 14 games isn't smart. Maybe I'm gun-shy after Fitz, who didn't cost nearly that much, but those numbers are what Russel Wilson got and Taylor is no Wilson. He's averaging under 18 passes a game. Those are numbers I'd toss at him midway if he's shown improvement over this season and still putting up those average stats on more throws/game.

Meaning he'll in essence be getting a 5 year $81M deal (when you add in his $1M for the 2015 season)?

Look, I understand what you're trying to get at here, but paying him $16M-$20M/year after just 14 games isn't smart. Maybe I'm gun-shy after Fitz, who didn't cost nearly that much, but those numbers are what Russel Wilson got and Taylor is no Wilson. He's averaging under 18 passes a game. Those are numbers I'd toss at him midway if he's shown improvement over this season and still putting up those average stats on more throws/game.

He's averaging 27 passes a game. 18 completions.

did you see the Giants, Patriots(2x) Titans, KC games?

he was great yesterday...so was Blaine Gabbert. Not comparing...just give it more than 10 starts

I have seen enough. You either have it or you don't. TT has it. If you haven't seen it, you haven't been paying attention. Every QB in the league has some games that are better than others. I don't need 10 more starts. I have played and watched enough football in my lifetime to know that TT is an NFL caliber QB and a good one at that. If you don't agree that's fine. It''s just my opinion. I respect yours, I just respectfully disagree.

I actually checked this yesterday after seeing so much hate for Tyrod on the gameday thread, and this is the result:

post-12053-0-65018900-1449537849_thumb.png

I wasn't a statistics major, but even if Taylor's production dipped due to an increase in attempts, the drop in in production would have to be substantial to put him in the "average to below average" range. For example, even if his completion percentage dropped to 54% (a substantial drop), and his yards per attempt dropped to 7, Taylor would still be at 3,500 yards passing with 4 games to go. Then, if that pace continued, he would finish with 4,700 yards passing on the year.

I agree, the premise with this is too simplified to really be useful, but I think it should serve to at least shut up some of the naysayers about the guy's potential/ability. Not to mention, none of this takes into account his current rushing yards pace, which would be 500 yards over a full season (assuming he played in all 16 games).

Edited by DaBills51

Why would you want to let TT go into his final year (2016) unsigned?

What's the upside?

A deal I guess. But If TT turns out to be the next Brady we'll pay him or tag him or whatever it takes to keep him and the $ don't really matter since we finally have the answer at QB. T

If he turns out to be average no one will be chomping at the bit, and we'll pay him a reasonable salary.

We're only 3/4s through his first starting season, and he missed a couple of games, what's the rush to commit before we really see what he can do? You really wanna pay him less than he's worth and have him unhappy?

Doh!

Still though, those are Russell Wilson type contract numbers.

Actually they are Ryan tannehill numbers. The numbers I gave are between tanny and Wilson, but much closer to tanny. Wilson got 31M for his signing bonus alone and he got ~67m guaranteed. Tanny got 11.5M signing bonus and 45M guaranteed.

It's not your money so who cares? Whaley & Co. will spend what they can afford.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

For those who hate Tyrod:

TT - 176 for 271 passing 65% 2171 yards 8.01 YPA 17 TD 4 INT 104.3 QBR

318 yards rushing 3 TDs

Brady - 323 for 507 passing 63.7% 3912 yards 7.72 YPA 31 TD 6 INT 102.8 QBR

28 yards rushing 3 TDs

If Tyrod threw 507 times. His yardage and TDs would be right up there with Brady. He is equivalent in every other category. The only reason the Bills are 6-6 is because Rex Ryan is a terrible coach.

Extend him now. Because I guarantee you, there are other teams chomping at the bit to get him.

TT - 6-6

TB** - 10-2

</thread>

and I HATE TB**

You definitely talk extension this off-season. Why should you treat Taylor any different from Marcel Dareus? I think BuffaloHokie13, above, has the numbers right.

I agree. If he bombs badly, we won't be in contention anyway. Cut, eat the salary, rebuild. If he is legit and continues to improve, you are secure for the rest of his career.

TT - 6-6

TB** - 10-2

</thread>

and I HATE TB**

I agree. If he bombs badly, we won't be in contention anyway. Cut, eat the salary, rebuild. If he is legit and continues to improve, you are secure for the rest of his career.

Alright - time to go get some sleep. I just posted after I said someone else's comment should end the thread. I also credited TT with the losses under EJ, which is bad form and deserves severe flaming. I'll take my punishment quietly now. :oops: Not too slick!

Wilson had already been to two Superbowl's, and winning one of them, before he got his contract.