Trump Alone at the Top

proxy.jpg?t=HBhqaHR0cDovL25hdGlvbi5mb3hu

Washington Post Begins Massive Investigation of Trump

By PAUL BEDARD | WASHINGTON EXAMINER

The Washington Post has built a sizable army of reporters to dig into every facet of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's life under orders of new owner Jeff Bezos, the Amazon founder and Democratic Party donor.

Post Associate Editor Bob Woodward revealed Wednesday that the Post has assigned 20 staffers to Trump. In addition the paper plans a book.

"There's a lot we don't know," he told the National Association of Realtors convention in Washington. "We have 20 people working on Trump, we're going to do a book, we're doing articles about every phase of his life," he added.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/woodward-20-wapo-reporters-dig-dirt-on-trump-every-phase-of-his-life/article/2591021

Why wait until now?

...Oh, that's right. You don't want to discredit the man until he's finished doing the dirty work for the DNC.

Why wait until now?

...Oh, that's right. You don't want to discredit the man until he's finished doing the dirty work for the DNC.

Not that it matters anyway. They're not going to find anything so outrageous that his supporters will change their minds - he's lived his life publicly for decades. The "let's try to smear Trump" train left the station months ago.

Edited by Azalin

Not that it matters anyway. They're not going to find anything so outrageous that his supporters will change their minds - he's lived his life publicly for decades. The "let's try to smear Trump" train left the station months ago.

Not quite, the media will begin covering Trump in a more serious and urgent light, whereas before it was more entertainment/circus sort of coverage.

Not quite, the media will begin covering Trump in a more serious and urgent light, whereas before it was more entertainment/circus sort of coverage.

I agree. I was only addressing what I believe to be the futility in the "let's dig up some dirt" approach that Bezos wants to take.

I agree. I was only addressing what I believe to be the futility in the "let's dig up some dirt" approach that Bezos wants to take.

Sure, but I'm just pointing out that the "serious" inquiry by the corporate media didn't start until after Trump cleared the field for Hillary. Now, as predicted, they can move from entertainment to "serious journalism" when it comes to the Donald.

The coronation moves into the next phase...

Exactly. When they get done with Trump, everyone will be begging for the simpler days when they all flew to Washington to read Palin's emails. Every stinkbomb and video clip of this moron will be pushed viral, and Trump will be spending the entire election explaining things in between whining about unfair treatment, probably right before he calls Hillary a "whore."

But hey...he's a long-standing conservative Republican, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Edited by LABillzFan

Donald Trump departed DC following his meeting with Paul Ryan today, and Wolf Blitzer kept his viewers on top of the latest breaking events:

"There's Donald Trump's plane at Reagan National Airport and we'll continue to monitor the takeoff of that plane."

Seriously,CNN? A live shot of Trump's plane?

This. Is CNN.

This should be fun to watch: Trump's Butler Hates Negroes, Calls 'Killery' Clinton A C**T.

Fortunately, Trump is a Democrat so this probably won't get much play. :thumbsup:

I have no problem with most (not all) of what he the former butler said. Frankly more in this country should be outraged by what is going on and should express it even if that expression is somewhat distasteful.

I know that's not your point here and yes the left will not have to look hard for stuff like this to bring down Trump.

I have no problem with most (not all) of what he the former butler said. Frankly more in this country should be outraged by what is going on and should express it even if that expression is somewhat distasteful.

I know that's not your point here and yes the left will not have to look hard for stuff like this to bring down Trump.

It doesn't matter what you think because you think for yourself and are therefore in the minority.

It only matters what the left thinks because they will get that message to their people, and that message will be repeated over and over and over until every elected Republican is asked to go on record as denouncing the racist, hateful, condescending 'butler' to the elitist 1%er Republican Presidential Candidate who gets endorsements from grand wizards.

Well done, Trumpster Divers. Well done.

It doesn't matter what you think because you think for yourself and are therefore in the minority.

It only matters what the left thinks because they will get that message to their people, and that message will be repeated over and over and over until every elected Republican is asked to go on record as denouncing the racist, hateful, condescending 'butler' to the elitist 1%er Republican Presidential Candidate who gets endorsements from grand wizards.

Well done, Trumpster Divers. Well done.

Oh no! Don't tell me the slow decay will happen faster!

Edited by FireChan

Responding to something above. (LABill) Sorry for short answer, but I have stated above even farther that Democrats will win big if Trump wins. I could easily see a Democratic prez, house and Senate in 2020 if Trump actually won. Sure, Hillary might lose her place in history or whatever, but the Democratic Party would be fine, IMO

Sure, but I'm just pointing out that the "serious" inquiry by the corporate media didn't start until after Trump cleared the field for Hillary. Now, as predicted, they can move from entertainment to "serious journalism" when it comes to the Donald.

The coronation moves into the next phase...

They had better slow down until after the official nomination at the convention. They wouldn't want to end the entertainment portion too soon.

They had better slow down until after the official nomination at the convention. They wouldn't want to end the entertainment portion too soon.

Very true. It's what, three to four new stories per day?

Very true. It's what, three to four new stories per day?

Well it's all a matter of hitting on THE story, whatever that turns out to be. I'm sure they're being careful about holding back the really good stuff and not screwing up Trump getting the nomination. If they are premature, they could really mess things up and have to run against whatever crafts the mainstream GOP decides can win....but can't. I'm equally sure that post nomination, they will unleash everything, and even make up some ##$% a la the first 40 seconds of the clip below if necessary. You don't need to watch after 40 seconds but it is a fun clip.

Lap dog Comey will chime in with excuses for the grave spitter while the parents of the fallen heroes will be relegated to going to their own graves having been called liars by a future president. There is no doubt that another R nominee would have been subjected to similar and shut down on Facebook, but Trump will make it so easy. I do think that the media and both parties are STILL underestimating the disdain that real people, conservative, liberal, moderate, black, white, gay and straight have for them and that this actually gives Trump some hope....if he really wants to win. That is how he got where he is and that is how Sanders wins every primary's vote count.....even though he loses the delegate count. The Dems are just a few years ahead of the R's in how to fix an election and the R's are getting burned by Trump. The Bushes, Kasich's et al deserve to be burned, but they deserved it so much that it created an opportunity for Trump.

Trump or no Trump, the fact that Hillary is still in the running and favored to win is sad for the country. It is iron clad proof that those in power can do anything they want and just tell everyone else to piss off. What she did with her server and what she did to those families should absolutely have her cast off, but even if it doesn't there is no excuse for the electorate voting for her. It is like the country taking cyanide wrt to our system and saying "do whatever you want as long as you then tell us it is ok....we'll believe you".

I'm even considering making up some $%^&:

Trump Proves Super PACs Can’t Buy Elections, But Free Media Can

The Federalist, by Daniel Payne

Original Article

Since early 2010, the litmus test for holding office as a Democrat has turned in no small part on opposing Citizens United v. FEC. It is difficult to overstate how strongly liberals oppose Citizens United, and indeed it is a chief plank for each of the two candidates for the Democratic nomination for president. Bernie Sanders has vowed to overturn it; Hillary Clinton has done the same. Since the only practical political path to overturning Citizens United would be to pass a constitutional amendment rewriting the First Amendment, this is mostly bluster. But it is telling bluster.

Citizens United, of course, is the Supreme Court decision that struck down limits on independent political expenditures by corporations and unions. Citizens United is basic First Amendment stuff, free speech 101: as Justice Anthony Kennedy’s majority opinion points out, while government is perfectly within its established rights to govern speech with disclosure and disclaimer regulations, “it may not suppress that speech altogether.” Of course it may not: liberating free speech from government suppression is one of the animating principles of the First Amendment.

Democrats see it differently: in their eyes, unlimited political expenditures, even from parties independent of the candidates for whom they advocate, run the risk of corrupting our politics. Many liberals seem confused about the decision itself, thinking that Citizens United removed limits on donations directly to campaigns. It did not. But in either case, there is great anxiety that the Supreme Court decision has paved the way for rich individuals and corporations to “buy elections.”

(Whom has Sanders accused of trying to buy elections? “Billionaires,” “Wealthy families,” “The very wealthy,” “The Koch Brothers,” “the rich,” “one family,” “people.” One worries there aren’t enough elections to go around!)

More at the link: