Trump Alone at the Top

I suppose I misread you. But you still have faith that A. the electorate will wake up and B. be able to do anything about it.

No I don't. I simply find it more likely that they will with Trump in office. But "more likely" is not the same as "likely."

Really...when have I ever demonstrated any faith in anybody?

I was cracking up over the same thing. :beer:

Mark Cuban: Trump's 'dream scenario' is to lose election, boost net worth

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/21/news/mark-cuban-donald-trump/

Oh, the same Mark Cuban who spent the lion's share of the $5 mil on Redacted, so that it could gross a whopping $65k? And that's only because it made more money in Spain than it did in the USA, that Mark Cuban?

The man is literally the exception to the rule in IT. And we are supposed to listen to him talking about net worth, in general, or specifically as it relates to anything involving politics? Redacted is his personal venture in combining his money with his politics. Great Job! But, we are supposed to listen to him talking about what Trump has done combining his money with his politics?

:lol: Results. I mean if there ever was an example of confusing effort, or cash, with results? Donald Trump spent less $ winning the first 15 states than Cuban spent on Redacted. Again, :lol:

Read those Hollywood numbers, Hollywood. Tell us what happened to Brian DePalma's career after all this. No, go ahead and look it up on IMDB. 5 years before he gets a chance to direct again, and, that one flops even worse. :lol: This is the guy who directed Scarface, and the first Mission:Impossible...but now he can't get a job as a director. Yeah. Mark Cuban, the great builder of teams.

Yeah, Mark Cuban, the arbiter of wisdom. :lol: No. The retard who happened to be in the right place at the right time, now running around pretending like he actually planned everything.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yeah. Because I'm a Republican. :lol:

LA's actually slightly misrepresenting my point of view. I've been lamenting the gradual evolution of the executive branch into an authoritarian branch for quite a while now - the electorate seems to think an authoritarian executive that works around Congress and ignores or alters the law is perfectly fine, as long as it's their guy who has the power. I happen to think that giving that power to Trump will adequately demonstrate to everybody - Republicans and Democrats - that the problem isn't who holds that authoritarian power, as much as that that authoritarian power exists to begin with.

So for me, a vote for Trump isn't a vote for "blowing it up," but a vote for a return to a constitutionally balanced government through the demonstration to the blindly partisan idiots of why constitutional checks and balances exist: namely, to minimize the damage that raging !@#$s like Trump can do. Trump's supporters are likely to be shocked by how quickly and thoroughly he's going to !@#$ them over along with everyone else.

You're a great believer in the concept of "falsifiability". What falsifies your theory, or should I say, hypothesis here?

I'm not taking you on, although I easily could. Rather: I want to know what you think the opposite of what you say looks like, and how it might happen.

I see an opportunity here. I see the same thing I saw with Obama: a real chance at a gamebreaker in governing, not merely campaigning. For those of you who don't know: a gamebreaker is an exploitation/tactic in a game, without hacking or anything nefarious, that causes the user to almost always win, entirely within the rules of the game. Gamebreakers usually cause the developers to "nerf"(change the game's program) features of the game that prevent further use of the exploit/tactic.

The difference is, we have no devs that can react to Trump's gamebreakers. Well, as I write this, I wonder if big donors/corporations/media are actually the devs in politics, and that they can, or, at least try. But, that is beside the point.

Trump has already used multiple gamebreakers. That much is obvious. There has been nothing anyone could do to stop him from winning. In terms of the analogy, we've even had the supposed devs try to devise and deploy cheats to stop Trump. All have failed.

Thus, I am curious if you can at least entertain the possibility of your scenario above being 100% wrong, and the polar opposite happening. Also, what would that opposite be? Separately, what would need to happen to prove the contrapositive of your theory correct, thereby proving your theory correct?

Oh, and I can feel LA's butthurt from here, after Cruz saw fit to give both Donald Trump yet another win, and, the "longest suicide note in history".

This was a speech trying to speak to the 7 out of 10 Americans who say we are on the wrong track and the half who say we are less safe today.

Reading the immediate responses of the media (NYT, WAPO, Politico) they are all using the word "DARK"

its just laughable how transparent they are.

It's because it was DARK.

Oh, the same Mark Cuban who spent the lion's share of the $5 mil on Redacted, so that it could gross a whopping $65k? And that's only because it made more money in Spain than it did in the USA, that Mark Cuban?

The man is literally the exception to the rule in IT. And we are supposed to listen to him talking about net worth, in general, or specifically as it relates to anything involving politics? Redacted is his personal venture in combining his money with his politics. Great Job! But, we are supposed to listen to him talking about what Trump has done combining his money with his politics?

:lol: Results. I mean if there ever was an example of confusing effort, or cash, with results? Donald Trump spent less $ winning the first 15 states than Cuban spent on Redacted. Again, :lol:

Read those Hollywood numbers, Hollywood. Tell us what happened to Brian DePalma's career after all this. No, go ahead and look it up on IMDB. 5 years before he gets a chance to direct again, and, that one flops even worse. :lol: This is the guy who directed Scarface, and the first Mission:Impossible...but now he can't get a job as a director. Yeah. Mark Cuban, the great builder of teams.

Yeah, Mark Cuban, the arbiter of wisdom. :lol: No. The retard who happened to be in the right place at the right time, now running around pretending like he actually planned everything.

Cubans a retard ? Has an NBA championship and an uber successful tv show called Shark Tank.

You sound like a silly hater. Cubes is the ****. Net worth is only 3 Billion, yes with a B.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You're a great believer in the concept of "falsifiability". What falsifies your theory, or should I say, hypothesis here?

I'm not taking you on, although I easily could. Rather: I want to know what you think the opposite of what you say looks like, and how it might happen.

I see an opportunity here. I see the same thing I saw with Obama: a real chance at a gamebreaker in governing, not merely campaigning.

And how did that hopey changey thingie work out for you?

I'll toss in a disclaimer from my field too describe your love affair.

Past performance is not indicative of future results .....

But, but it's is there a big correlation.

Expecting trump to become an effective executive of a large organization despite a horrible history of doing that is a clear sign of delusion.

I thought Kasich as VP could have given Trump a win in Nov.

Clinton is ruthless with a lot of campaign money for commercials to tip the balance and win.

Trump isn't doing anything and he's even with her. He could nominate you, Alf, and people like 1Billsfan would be entertained and vote for him. His campaign is not about ideas, it's about fun. And we all know that fun is what will run the US.

The best candidate is Johnson--need him to get to 15% and get into the media dialog.

It's because it was DARK.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Winter is coming.

Fear energizes people to do stupid things.

Edited by Observer

His closing music should have been I am a real American.

With thumbs up all around. I thought for a second he was walking in with Ric flairs music.

That would have been awesome.

LA Times: Let's have a coup if Trump is elected!

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kirchick-trump-coup-20160719-snap-story.html

And there you have it.

Why ? He said he likes gays, isn't he "in" now

End of the convention with the balloons, confetti, and fireworks. Song over the loudspeaker is ether a very ironic choice or Trump rubbing it in....

You can't always get what you want

:lol:

His closing music should have been I am a real American.

Most definitely a bad choice.

It should have been this:

republicans are letting their freak flag fly

I think some liberals are feeling jealous about that

Nor could Trump. He had two ways to play it...especially with an advanced script...and he chose destruction.

I think we all know where I stand with Trump. Cruz has a right to feel the way he does, but this is Trump's coronation and Cruz knew what he was doing. If he didn't want to play ball, just stay home.

It was a win win for Trump and Cruz. Cruz is betting on Trump being a disaster so he will look prescient in 2020. Trump is thrilled to have a WWE style convention. He can come out with the doom and gloom tonight and sling mud at the same time.

It was not scripted as much as it was totally expected by all involved.

Maybe. That's the bet, Cruz hopes that Trump loses in a landslide (that's the only way it could work for him) and that Cruz gets to say "I told you so" and goes on from there. I don't know how it will play out, my guess is that people will look to the more traditional electability traits after this shitshow is done with.

As LA will point out (undoubtedly)

The Donald is no conservative..........................

he is going to have the government "fixing" everything......................

He is as many of has said for a while now a big, strong government proponent and only he can fix our problems.

On a side note, I'm glad that there was an inclusive message for the LGBT crowd.

He is as many of has said for a while now a big, strong government proponent and only he can fix our problems.

On a side note, I'm glad that there was an inclusive message for the LGBT crowd.

Still looking for trumpsters who own a calculator and can tell me how he can - introduce universal pre-K, help college grads with student loans, rebuild the depleted military, expand Medicare, leave social security intact, rebuild the country's infrastructure, blow up every trade deal and do it all by cutting taxes on everybody?

Well I don't believe he has a magic wand to fix all of that in that manner. However, a start would be to grow the !@#$ing economy which has been stagnating since it got blown the hell up back in 2008. It's clear that BO and his minions didn't have a !@#$ing clue on how to do it. I doubt the Liary does either, if she thinks her man knows so much about how to grow the economy. :wallbash:

Well I don't believe he has a magic wand to fix all of that in that manner. However, a start would be to grow the !@#$ing economy which has been stagnating since it got blown the hell up back in 2008. It's clear that BO and his minions didn't have a !@#$ing clue on how to do it. I doubt the Liary does either, if she thinks her man knows so much about how to grow the economy. :wallbash:

Do you have any ideas on the conditions and aspects that have lead to our current economic circumstance?

Unless voters do - and can identify a candidate that addresses a change in the circumstances that have produced the current status - we get the government you deserve.

You guys are predictably good at playing the victim card.

Every outlet spewing out the "dark" narrative. No this isn't coordinated much. They aren't even trying to hide the tyranny now.

Every outlet spewing out the "dark" narrative. No this isn't coordinated much. They aren't even trying to hide the tyranny now.

Conspiracy among every reporter & editor, or maybe because it was dark? Especially since the campaign itself compared it to Tricky Dick's speech in '68?