Trump Alone at the Top

Nope. And he unwittingly destroyed his chances in 2020, if not his career.

Oh, please. That's like looking at the Bills schedule in April and predicting wins and losses. Neither you nor anyone else on this entire planet knows what is going to happen in 2020, and whatever Cruz did last night, it most certainly was not done unwittingly.

Cruz went all in and stuck to his principles. You'd think that would be an admirable trait.

But no.

Fortunately for everyone who thinks Trump is a winning candidate, you don't need Cruz, do you? Of course not. Not when you've got a reality TV star counting on Alex Jones to take him out.

What a phucking schittshow this has become.

Oh, please. That's like looking at the Bills schedule in April and predicting wins and losses. Neither you nor anyone else on this entire planet knows what is going to happen in 2020, and whatever Cruz did last night, it most certainly was not done unwittingly.

Cruz went all in and stuck to his principles. You'd think that would be an admirable trait.

But no.

Fortunately for everyone who thinks Trump is a winning candidate, you don't need Cruz, do you? Of course not. Not when you've got a reality TV star counting on Alex Jones to take him out.

What year were you born?

Cruz just couldn't help himself, could he?

It was a win win for Trump and Cruz. Cruz is betting on Trump being a disaster so he will look prescient in 2020. Trump is thrilled to have a WWE style convention. He can come out with the doom and gloom tonight and sling mud at the same time.

It was not scripted as much as it was totally expected by all involved.

Edited by Observer

The amount of pure unadulterated BS in politics never ceases to amaze me. Jerry Falwell's son on stage at the convention said Trump "is the greatest visionary of our times". He said it with an straight face and people cheered. LOL :)

It's what plants crave!

There's not another way to solve it, Tom.

Your thinking is flawed. You think the partisans in Congress will come together when Trump runs wild? Both sides will just wait til they get another representative to become executive and give them even MORE leeway to combat the other side.

It's a vicious cycle. I'm surprised you have such faith in corrupt career politicians.

Who said anything about the politicians? You think I'm looking to Congress to solve the problems they helped create?

But no.

Pledging to support the Republican nominee...and then not following through is an admirable trait? You must have a different definition of "admirable." Not to mention "winning candidate" since Cruz would get annihilated in a general election. But I guess we'll see where ol' Ted is in 2020.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what he's going to say in a few minutes. How will he try to throw the race tonight? It's anyone's guess! Come on, come all and let's see the show!

I'm hoping he nails the speech just to make for some drama in the coming months.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what he's going to say in a few minutes. How will he try to throw the race tonight? It's anyone's guess! Come on, come all and let's see the show!

He'll do fine....................he's an entertainer...........this is what entertainers do.

I figure he'll say something really bad around Labor Day.

It's like a car wreck. I can't watch, I have to cover my eyes...but I'm still going to peek through my fingers.

I am actually concerned that, if I watch this speech, I might kill myself out of despair. That's not metaphor or hyperbole.

It's like a car wreck. I can't watch, I have to cover my eyes...but I'm still going to peek through my fingers.

I am actually concerned that, if I watch this speech, I might kill myself out of despair. That's not metaphor or hyperbole.

I've got my beers ready. My friends and I have a list of "buzzedwords" here and we all picked three. Mine are crooked, China,and criminal. The other words were win/winning, Mexico, wall, wonderful, millions, safe/safety, and amazing.

I see most of the networks must have been afraid of Peter Theil's speech, being too effective,, most of them kept talking over it.

EXCERPTS FROM DONALD TRUMP’S CONVENTION SPEECH. Key bit:

America is far less safe — and the world is far less stable — than when Obama made the decision to put Hillary Clinton in charge of America’s foreign policy.

I am certain it is a decision he truly regrets. Her bad instincts and her bad judgment — something pointed out by Bernie Sanders — are what caused many of the disasters unfolding today. …

But Hillary Clinton’s legacy does not have to be America’s legacy. The problems we face now — poverty and violence at home, war and destruction abroad — will last only as long as we continue relying on the same politicians who created them.

UPDATE: Full text here. Another excerpt:

Again, I will tell you the plain facts that have been edited out of your nightly news and your morning newspaper: Nearly Four in 10 African-American children are living in poverty, while 58% of African American youth are not employed. 2 million more Latinos are in poverty today than when the President took his oath of office less than eight years ago. Another 14 million people have left the workforce entirely.

Household incomes are down more than $4,000 since the year 2000. Our manufacturing trade deficit has reached an all-time high – nearly $800 billion in a single year. The budget is no better.

President Obama has doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing. Yet, what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in Third World condition, and forty-three million Americans are on food stamps.