Trump Alone at the Top

Trump is only 2 pts back in the latest Quinnipiac poll, even though he's spent just about nothing compared to Clinton.

6 points according to most polls and the RCP average. The Fox polling is usually the best and has him at 6.

And in the battleground states, he's getting shellacked. It's early but it ain't looking pretty.

Hillary is a flat criminal but she controls her soundbytes.

Trump on Twitter: "Why is President Obama allowed to use Air Force One on the campaign trail with Crooked Hillary? …

A fair question, you know the Clinton campaign is not re-imbursing anyone

Trump on Twitter: "Why is President Obama allowed to use Air Force One on the campaign trail with Crooked Hillary? …

A fair question, you know the Clinton campaign is not re-imbursing anyone

1) The president is always flown by the Air Force (Marine helos excepted). For reasons of security and communications.

2) ANY Air Force plane the president flies on is Air Force One. A Marine helo is Marine one. A Navy plane is Navy One (only done once to my knowledge - when Bush flew to the Lincoln).

Unless Trump REALLY thinks that the president shouldn't be available for presidential business when he's on the campaign trail, he's basically bitching about a naming convention.

1) The president is always flown by the Air Force (Marine helos excepted). For reasons of security and communications.

2) ANY Air Force plane the president flies on is Air Force One. A Marine helo is Marine one. A Navy plane is Navy One (only done once to my knowledge - when Bush flew to the Lincoln).

Unless Trump REALLY thinks that the president shouldn't be available for presidential business when he's on the campaign trail, he's basically bitching about a naming convention.

I can't speak for Donald, but why does the president (any president) get to fly around on the the tax payers dime to campaign for anyone?

Stay in DC and do your job.

Of course. I expect nothing different.

The question is.................Is he pretending that he is on POTUS/ government business ?

and that he just happened upon a Hillary rally ?

or is he simply using government assets to help the dem candidate ?

That's a fair enough question.

Much more importantly............the fact that Obama is campaigning with Hillary guarantees that there will not be any E-Mail indictment .

Edited by B-Man

The fact that a sitting president campaigns for a candidate who is under investigation by the FBI for damaging our country,AND, the current attorney General just happened to have a secret meeting with salt candidate whos under investigations husband who is conveniently former president......tells you everything you need to know.

The system is broken. Period. The political elite do as they please with no repercussions and laws to not apply to them. Even more pathetic is tens of millions of American idiots will vote for her just because she has a V and a D next to her name, enables this criminal behavior and treason.

Our country is doomed to fail if these actions are permissible and given a pass.

The fact that a sitting president campaigns for a candidate who is under investigation by the FBI for damaging our country,AND, the current attorney General just happened to have a secret meeting with salt candidate whos under investigations husband who is conveniently former president......tells you everything you need to know.

The system is broken. Period. The political elite do as they please with no repercussions and laws to not apply to them. Even more pathetic is tens of millions of American idiots will vote for her just because she has a V and a D next to her name, enables this criminal behavior and treason.

Our country is doomed to fail if these actions are permissible and given a pass.

No longer under investigation. Little B word Comey did what he was told to do.

Hard to argue with that. Its why a candidate like Trump seems attractive to some people. He is the exact opposite of the political elite

No the problem is that he's an insubstantial Oompa-Loompa mother!@#$er who's less a real person than he is a brand.

Well, this is kind of a no-win election. I'd rather vote for an empty suit who'll be so despised he can't accomplish anything than a criminal who i know will make the world a far worse place.

WELL, YES:

Screen-Shot-2016-07-06-at-4.28.56-PM-600

from Dave Weigel: Trump, Saddam and why people mistrust the media.

The point is that Trump has been saying, for quite some time, that the United States should not have gone to war in Iraq, and that it should side with dictators as long as they “kill terrorists.” The Republican primary electorate endorsed that view. Clinton, as a senator and then as secretary of state, took another view, and backed the use of American power to remove both Hussein and Libya’s Moammar Gaddafi. There’s video of Clinton gleefully saying “We came, we saw, he died” upon learning that Gaddafi had been torn apart by his own people. This has never been treated like a gaffe; but Trump’s “Saddam killed terrorists” riff suddenly is.

By consistently covering Trump’s argument over time, and by following up on it, media outlets did their job to inform voters. That was why Tuesday night’s collective Captain Renault moment was so strange, and so demonstrative of why many media consumers are skeptical of what they’re hearing.

Instead of a debate on the facts — should Hussein have been removed? Did he “kill terrorists,” in a contradiction of what Americans were told before the war? — there was manufactured
outrage, straight from a rival campaign.

Think of them as Democratic operatives with bylines, and you will not go far wrong.

Trump is the idiot's idiot. He toys with the idea of quitting if elected.

WTF?

Presented in a recent interview with a scenario, floating around the political ether, in which the presumptive Republican nominee proves all the naysayers wrong, beats Hillary Clinton and wins the presidency, only to forgo the office as the ultimate walk-off winner, Mr. Trump flashed a mischievous smile.
“I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens,” he said, minutes before leaving his Trump Tower office to fly to a campaign rally in New Hampshire.

If he makes Scott Walker his running mate and promises to quit after the election, I'm all in!

If he promises to quit if he wins, he can nominate my left sock.

If he attends the presidential debates as suggested today, 2 of them are long format (15 minutes per topic!!). He was a targically silent figure when the debates turned substantive in the home forum of the Republican debates. Can you imagine him staring at a mic for 7 minutes and trying to talk sensibly?

Edited by Observer

If he promises to quit if he wins, he can nominate my left sock.

If he attends the presidential debates as suggested today, 2 of them are long format (15 minutes per topic!!). He was a targically silent figure when the debates turned substantive in the home forum of the Republican debates. Can you imagine him staring at a mic for 7 minutes and trying to talk sensibly?

He can speak for 7 minutes on a topic but expect a lot of repetition.