I still think Rex can still get the job donel

The loss last week still stings but the reality of the matter is the Chiefs were at home and have been playing good football as of late. It's not like we're getting blown out of the water in our losses or have had no chances to win any of those games, it's been essentially failures to perform or unfortunate calls that have cost us good chances to win the game.

I for one think Rex has the team in a position where they know they must perform now or the season is over, in a desperate spot. Teams that play the best under pressure usually find ways to win. The Titans game was a nail-biter & it really showed our determination.

I expect us to get JJ Watt to over-pursue this week and we're going to throw lots of screens away from him. We will do well this week and the upcoming weeks, imho.

Go Bills !!

Oh, oh honey no. I am an optimist. But. You drank too much koolaid!!

The loss last week still stings but the reality of the matter is the Chiefs were at home and have been playing good football as of late. It's not like we're getting blown out of the water in our losses or have had no chances to win any of those games, it's been essentially failures to perform or unfortunate calls that have cost us good chances to win the game.

I for one think Rex has the team in a position where they know they must perform now or the season is over, in a desperate spot. Teams that play the best under pressure usually find ways to win. The Titans game was a nail-biter & it really showed our determination.

I expect us to get JJ Watt to over-pursue this week and we're going to throw lots of screens away from him. We will do well this week and the upcoming weeks, imho.

Go Bills !!

Until he stops Mario and Dareus from dropping in to coverage and back to rushing the QB like Pats* game this team is going nowhere.

If we played all these teams earlier in the year when healthy, we'd won the games or be favorites in every one of them like we are going to be now. We even have the Jets at home to finish them off ourselves, so it's more than possible.

There's no venison here and I'm not dreaming, we're going to torch the Texans. I doubt the Texans even get more than 13 points total, we'll be there by halftime or earlier.

Maybe so on defense. But, we will need to score 14 then and that will be hard for us!

Go Bills!!

I just think they had so much opportunity to win last week. If this team was ready to make the run we need they win that game. The Chiefs really are not that good.

This team holds no tie-breakers after KC loss (more importantly after Jax loss)... would need 10 wins to get in. I don't see it happening especially with our o-line injuries. This team was performing slightly above average when healthy, and now they have to play catch-up with added injuries. The upcoming loss to Houston this week will be the nail in the coughin.

It's a shame because this season we got to face the NFC Least... last year we put some blame of the record on our difficult schedule.

Not true actually. The Chiefs are making it so the tiebreaker v them is irrelevant. The three key tiebreakers are Houston, the Jets and Pitt and all of those are pretty much still in our control. Edited by GunnerBill

I was wondering the same thing. Really, I'm wondering if he left out some punctuation?

I remember the day in school when we learned the importance of punctuation. "Let's eat, Steve" and "let's eat Steve" are two very different things.

Go Bills !!

you've lost your mind , of course.

But you have gone to a nice place.

I see a win.

I remember the day in school when we learned the importance of punctuation. "Let's eat, Steve" and "let's eat Steve" are two very different things.

What happened to the good ole days. When inference was easily translated through the written word? And the Fine Details, were the tools of Engineers and nuclear physicists?

I refuse to comply.

Go Bills!

Go Bills !!

The problem is I feel like we've had a number of years like this. Losing close games to good teams, bad calls going against us. Gailey had us in a lot of close games with the Patriots. Even under Marrone during both of his years we were a few close losses from the playoffs.

Not saying I disagree, I just don't think he's done much yet to separate himself from the rest of our coaches in recent memory (except for doing a lot of talking leaing up to a game).

What happened to the good ole days. When inference was easily translated through the written word? And the Fine Details, were the tools of Engineers and nuclear physicists?

I refuse to comply.

Go Bills!

Are you a linguistic rebel or a true cannibal? Steve wants to know.....

Im sorry but disagree. He has grosely mismanaged this team and we should be in a much better position at this point in the season. He is all talk and my opinion of him is low as a HC.

I don't disagree here. I think it's 2 different issues. Are we a total dumpster fire or are the playoffs still possible? Is it possible that we could see better play under Rex? We're not HORRIBLE and it could get better. The other side of the equation is has Rex grossly underperformed and wasted opportunities galore. The answer to that, in my mind, is a big loud YES.

I don't disagree here. I think it's 2 different issues. Are we a total dumpster fire or are the playoffs still possible? Is it possible that we could see better play under Rex? We're not HORRIBLE and it could get better. The other side of the equation is has Rex grossly underperformed and wasted opportunities galore. The answer to that, in my mind, is a big loud YES.

Wasted or completely missed opportunities. In a league of parity many games are decided on rapid decisions from the sidelines. He has been a cluster in that area.

If I had to guess, Rex gets one more year and it looks too much like what we've seen so far this year. I pray Whaley stays and has more (firm) input into who the next HC is. Whaley can stock the shelves, I believe. Rex talks a big game but is limited in vision, schemes and game day decisions. Moron picked a good DC but stunk at his own offense. Rex picked (despite what some think) a good OC but stunk at his own defense. If nothing else, the symmetry is beautiful.

I'm as unhappy as anyone about the way the team has played (it's not just the record).

But Rex is obviously fine and I'll hold off at least until the end of next year before I eat him alive. We've had a ton of injuries and, of course, his scheme and methods will take some time to implement.

There were articles about this when he was hired, and I was a not the only one a bit worried at the hire. But once it was done it was done. Give him time. His defensive reputation is earned (if nothing else).

You lost me at "but Rex is obviously fine"....

Pray tell, what is so obvious about Rex being fine ?

Go Bills !!

So it's "essentially failures to problem"?.....Houston, yes we have a problem.

Thanks Captain Obvious

bills are winning in spite of Rex.

his switch to a 3-4 has turned a top defense into a mediocre one.

his challenge record is abysmal.

allowing the repeated low number of targets to Sammy is a joke.

the team near leading the league in penalties is a reflection of his lack of discipline.

he sure acts befuddled on knowledge of rules.

bills are winning in spite of Rex.

his switch to a 3-4 has turned a top defense into a mediocre one.

his challenge record is abysmal.

allowing the repeated low number of targets to Sammy is a joke.

the team near leading the league in penalties is a reflection of his lack of discipline.

he sure acts befuddled on knowledge of rules.

I was told that the coaches were told to get their stuff in order or else, which after reviewing yesterday's game that was the case. Minimal penalties, great gameplan & we scored on a defense that gave up an average of 8.8 points a game for the prior 4 games. They kept JJ Watt neutralized & did a good job handling Hopkins, who is a gamer.

All in all, the coaches did a all-around great job.