Why Tyrod is our franchise QB heading into next year

+100. If our D played like 2014 and we were 8-3, Tyrod would be da man.

Reminds of the words of the Mount Vernon Philosopher, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas".

Hotrod also has a hand is us being 5-6 by the way.

I like Hotrod and advocated signing him in March last year. But, he is what he is and it ain't a great QB yet by any means.

He has a lot of work to do and I'm sure he's on it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds of the words of the Mount Vernon Philosopher, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas".

I like Hotrod and advocated signing him in March last year. But, he is what he is and it ain't a great QB yet by any means.

Are you suggesting that Taylor has a "hand" in the two losses in which he didn't play as well? Are we there now?

Trust me arguing is not worth the warning points

Are you suggesting that Taylor has a "hand" in the two losses in which he didn't play as well? Are we there now?

Sorry if I insulted your golden goose.

Of course he did. He played didn't he? I would also add in the Giants loss and both Pasties** losses.

Are you saying he didn't?

I'm really not sure what you're asking.

Of course he did. He played didn't he? I would also add in the Giants loss and both Pasties** losses.

Miscommunication. I would say though, that he's only had a hand in the 5-4 part. Tony Romo really doesn't have much of a hand in Dallas being 3-8.

Don't go riling his goose feathers, small correction - Of course he did. (have a hand) He did not play because he got hurt.

Related article in the BN for anyone who didn't see it

Can Taylor be the Future for the Bills?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/03/can-taylor-be-the-future-for-the-bills/

While it hasnt been a conscious effort, Taylor is taking on a greater leadership role. He now leads the Thursday offensive meetings, telling receivers how he wants certain routes run and dissecting all protections. In the huddle, fullback Jerome Felton said Taylor will get on you more to make a point.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was only referring to since 2013. While Fitz and Jackson were already on the roster, they were run off since then. Brohm, and Bad Bad Levi Brown pre dated that.

As far as who Vaughan is: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9749/dustin-vaughan

Sadly, they don't sell franchise QBs at 7-11.

Are you suggesting that bringing some extra "arms" to camp and giving a handful of never-were journeymen QBs a backup gig is really balls-to-the-wall effort to find a franchise leader and winner? Someone who elevates the entire franchise? Dusty Roads Vaughan and Jeff Tuel Time? I don't find a list of names like that very compelling.

There are really two significant names on that list. Ryan Fitzpicks, who was declared a "franchise QB" by a GM who talked tough and didn't deliver. RF quickly failed to live up to that label. And EJ Manuel, who was drafted in the first-round of one of the weakest QB pools ever by many analysts' takes. EJM hasn't been able to beat out anybody for the job. Neither of these guys is a Hall-of-Fame slam-dunk QB.

One approach is that until you have that great QB, you keep looking.

Another is that making bold moves that don't exactly pan out gets executives fired quicker. Soft-pedaling the "woe is us" and "we're trying" and waiting for the QB to reach out to you in the slurpy line at 7-11...

i Like this post.

For an inexperienced quarterback who had never started in the NFL and who's playing behind a rather "offensive" line, he's done quite well. Give him a chance to learn and develop before you throw him under the bus. Bring in an experienced back-up to work with him. Seriously, I'd love to see P. Manning brought in. Forget the slope he's on; he's a winner and intelligent. You can't beat that. Also, use the first round pick on an offensive lineman, and perhaps the second or third as well. Or bring a stud free agent lineman or two. And by the way, getting rid of EJ is a no brainer.

So far he's 5-4 as a starter and on pace to be 1 game over .500 (like Orton last season).

Great stats in 2 wins against a poor Miami team. RAT - 136.7 and 146.5

Here's that stat again. Buffalo still has 0 wins when passing more than 30 times.

Sundays game against KC was another game with over 30 passes ending in a loss, (that's now 4 for TT).

So is it the run game, the O Line, the QB, execution or coaching?

Why is it that the Bills have not won a game when passing for 30 or more times?

It could have something to do with playing with a lead. The Bills don't seem to do well if they don't start fast. When they can build a lead and go to the ground game a bit, they can win. I'm not sure if they've won a game in which they trailed by a TD or more. That would indicate a lack of clutch play by the QB in particular, among others. So 30 passes or more may be revealing an inability to win the close ones. Most NFL games are close, so it seems the Bills are about a .500 type team as currently constructed.

And that Tommy was 8 for 16 in the 1st half. Bill Bellyache pulled him so he wouldn't get killed.

Some people around here just have a Bills inferiority complex.

The Pats weren't all that concerned with winning. If they were, that 17-6 wouldn't mean much. Bills fans have seen 21-0 leads and two score leads with under 10 minutes to play evaporate vs Pats. Certainly enough times to know that it wouldn't have mattered. Just maybe a different method of collapse, but the same result.

The Pats weren't all that concerned with winning. If they were, that 17-6 wouldn't mean much. Bills fans have seen 21-0 leads and two score leads with under 10 minutes to play evaporate vs Pats. Certainly enough times to know that it wouldn't have mattered. Just maybe a different method of collapse, but the same result.

Whatever. A W is a W Is a W.

Wins are hard enough to come by for us. Boggles my mind that guys like you and Yolo want to take one away.

The 2004 team is regularly lambasted for losing a game just like this. Horrible if you lose, but doesn't count if you win?

There are no style points in football.

Edited by reddogblitz

And that Tommy was 8 for 16 in the 1st half. Bill Bellyache pulled him so he wouldn't get killed.

Some people around here just have a Bills inferiority complex.

I hope you don't mind if I add my 2 cents .. I'm on the fence about that last game

I keep asking myself How many times has Brady overcome an 10 point deficit? Too many as I recall. Another thing about the game is the Bills scoring in the 2nd half. I don't think they put many more points on the board.

The degree to which certain posters are bending over backwards to cherry pick stats that reflect Taylor in a negative light when those same exact posters did the same exact thing to defend EJ Manuel and somehow try and portray him in a positive light is so utterly blatant and comical at this point.

It just might be that certain posters put Tyrod up on a pedestal that he might not yet deserve.

EJ is the backup, Tyrod the starter. You can point to Tyrods impressive stats and applaud, but the result as of today are that he's 5-4, one game over .500.

If he and the offense can't perform well tomorrow the chance for the WC spot and the playoffs are gone.

It just might be that certain posters put Tyrod up on a pedestal that he might not yet deserve.

EJ is the backup, Tyrod the starter. You can point to Tyrods impressive stats and applaud, but the result as of today are that he's 5-4, one game over .500.

If he and the offense can't perform well tomorrow the chance for the WC spot and the playoffs are gone.

It would help if our D showed up to....you know like they didnt last week?